LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Surely that would be unethical and unfair to have sorted out his future whilst he was still under contract at Bayern?
They have gone ahead and announced Ancelloti's appointment already. If it had been decided that he would leave, then why not?

Fully Fledged

Just shows that the majority of his success was in the earliest part of his career.

Trophies won by LVG

1993 - 2000 - 15
2000 - 2015 - 4

He's only actually won two league titles in the last 15 years.

He basically got the job by default.

He wasn't even considered when Fergie retired. Literally no one even suggested him.
As I said in another thread his system is dated but he refuses to modernize and bring in into the 21 century.

Irrational.

I now see the same look in LVG that I saw in Mourinho days before his sacking. Resigned, defeated, deflated.

He actually is a dead man walking, I kind of feel sorry for him. He doesn't deserve to go out like this. Surely he should resign and keep what's left of his dignity and reputation. He simply hasn't evolved with the game.

spwd

It's going to happen sooner than later and when it happens Giggs need to get off his arse and take the opportunity

To take a job at another club!

Esquire

Why is he still manager?

Its clear he's going to be sacked at some point, and to me it's clear that things have gone too far now and he's unable to turn things around. We had months of shoddy performances with the results just about being adequate enough to stave off the real criticism and now the results have turned too.

We're just wasting time keeping him at this point.
Shows the difference between our board and Bayern's. Perhaps it's the Glazers not want to pay compensation. My speculation is that he will be given a couple of more games. Negotiating with any first class manager to take over will not be easy, imagine the terms that the manager will be asking for, so it will take time. Perhaps another issue being debated is whether the interim job goes to Giggs.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
They have gone ahead and announced Ancelloti's appointment already. If it had been decided that he would leave, then why not?
I was talking about Pep being unethical. Ancelloti is out of contract, he's perfectly fine to sign.

@Balu will have a better insight.

spwd

If both parties don't mind it being discussed or announced I can't see it as a problem.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
In theory it would suck, but I'm not delusional. It's very unlikely that Pep never thought about his future or discussed it with his agent/family/friends. As long as he was upfront about it and told our board before City and as long as it doesn't affect his work at Bayern, I don't mind.

It's perfectly normal anyway. Mourinho was still working at Real when he finalised the deal with Chelsea for example. Or van Gaal was busy with the world cup but still signed a contract at United. Most of the work will be done by the agent and the club anyway. Unless Pep doesn't want to take a sabatical, he has to figure out his future while he's under contract at Bayern. I'd much rather have him finalise a deal now during the winterbreak and then focus on his job again than do it later in the season.

Fully Fledged

My point is, we're still easily in contention for a top four finish. Not too long ago, we were sitting closely behind the first place and seemed to be on the right track. The worst decisions usually result from emotional overreactions, which a sacking of van Gaal right now would be. A manager taking over at the current point in time would require plenty of weeks to get acquainted with the team and implement his game plan.

We're not doing well and unless we seriously climb back up the ranks, van Gaal should be gone at the end of the season regardless. But as of right now, things, despite being bad, are still not bad enough in terms of the entire season to sack him.

The only reason to sack him now is if we viewed Mourinho as our manager of the next few years. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but IIRC Sir Bobby Charlton was one of the people who was completely against bringing him on.

Outside of Mourinho and Ancelotti, who is most likely gonna wait and see what happens at Bayern, there's no good alternative left.
I know and his supporters were saying we're 1 point off the top 3,6 now 9 that has all been in the last few weeks.

Most people can see the wheels have came off. I understand the reluctance to act as I hate advocating a manager is sacked but we need to steady the club.

Member 60376

It is fairly clear that he is gone and even though I had doubts when he was actually appointed, but standing here today at the risk of sounding stupid I think he would have been ok by the end of the season. A
lot would have depended on the January window and injuries though.

I am conflicted because with Moyes there was never an iota of doubt that he was not up to the mark. By this stage of the season we knew he was the wrong man. But it is different with this guy, because LvG and his team have seemed so near yet a step short from the finished product, from finally clicking and wowing. It just did not happen.

It is sad that it is ending this way, and as a TV watching fan from the other side of the world all of this probably reads like delusion and being out of touch with reality. I keep on hoping that he turns this around. But deep down I know he will not get another game.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Surely that would be unethical and unfair to have sorted out his future whilst he [Guardiola] was still under contract at Bayern?
Nope.
Bayern have already officially announced that Ancelotti is their new manager from Summer onwards.
So, just as they have been having talks with other potential candidates, Pep is also allowed to have discussions with future employers.
Personally, I think Pep is City bound and rather than chasing the unattainable, we need to make a deal with Jose, right now.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
at every training session Van Gaal would take a chair from his office and take a seat right next to the training pitch. There, he’d sit and judge the players Koeman was coaching. On a few occasions, the director of football would start applauding the players he liked most.
:lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
In theory it would suck, but I'm not delusional. It's very unlikely that Pep never thought about his future or discussed it with his agent/family/friends. As long as he was upfront about it and told our board before City and as long as it doesn't affect his work at Bayern, I don't mind.

It's perfectly normal anyway. Mourinho was still working at Real when he finalised the deal with Chelsea for example. Or van Gaal was busy with the world cup but still signed a contract at United. Most of the work will be done by the agent and the club anyway. Unless Pep doesn't want to take a sabatical, he has to figure out his future while he's under contract at Bayern. I'd much rather have him finalise a deal now during the winterbreak and then focus on his job again than do it later in the season.
Thanks

Woodzy

Every new video I see of LvG being boo'ed out of Old Trafford makes me feel a little more sorry for him. Even though I think the match day fans expressing their unrest is needed for the board to act quickly, it really is horrible to see and he doesn't deserve it. It looked like he wanted to bloody cry. Louis Van Gaal... looked like he wanted to cry.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It is fairly clear that he is gone and even though I had doubts when he was actually appointed, but standing here today at the risk of sounding stupid I think he would have been ok by the end of the season. A
lot would have depended on the January window and injuries though.

I am conflicted because with Moyes there was never an iota of doubt that he was not up to the mark. By this stage of the season we knew he was the wrong man. But it is different with this guy, because LvG and his team have seemed so near yet a step short from the finished product, from finally clicking and wowing. It just did not happen.

It is sad that it is ending this way, and as a TV watching fan from the other side of the world all of this probably reads like delusion and being out of touch with reality. I keep on hoping that he turns this around. But deep down I know he will not get another game.
We've shown nothing in the last 18 months that should make anyone think we were heading in that direction. We've been firmly on the decline since beating City back in March/April.

9 wins in our last 23 PL games (12 in 31 for all comps), whilst scoring 26 goals and picking up 34 points. That's the definition of mid table team.

MrSingh2002

Surely this is now a black and white decision for Woodward? The past 15 games have been poor and nobody can say he didn't give LVG chances to turn it around. I don't buy that the current squad is as bad as the last 15 results suggest. LVG has to go.

Only question should be who he is replaced with. Mourinho, Tuchel, Blanc, Conte, Giggs should be considered and in that order. Pep is City bound so lets do what is in our control.

Mourinho, Conte and Giggs are the most realistic so lets go with the proven winner in 4 different leagues and a proven 3 time premier league winner.

Hire Mourinho and I believe we will rectify not getting him when Ferguson retired.

devil in me

I reckon Stoke will be the final straw. Get beat there, which is highly likely, and he will be gone before the new year.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't really see what this thread accomplishes that the "LVG Out" thread doesn't.

itso 7

Wait a minute, this guy still hasn't been sacked! Wtf are we waiting for? The Glazers ought to clear out the board and poach the guys running Bayern Munich because this type of indecision and ultimately making poor, ill informed decisions has no place at a big club, surely!

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
:( I don't really like what he's done with the team, but it's hard to watch.
I don't know why anyone expected United fans to be any different. We aren't, and a good chunk of the fan base haven't supported a normal club. Sir Alex allowed United fans to support a club that weren't like the rest. I guess that allowed many to believe they weren't like the rest as fans.

Anyway... Two pathetic defeats to two teams like Bournemouth and Norwich is pretty significant.
Oh well. I like Mourinho. So if it's him, I'll definitely be more personally invested in the team. Right now I feel less attachment to the players and managers. We need a bit of fight back. Some players and a manager with character real again.

MrSingh2002

Basically fans need to vent anger and frustration towards Woodward and the Glazers before anything will change. As soon as that happens LVG will be the sacrificial lamb and scapegoat albeit deserved.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I reckon Stoke will be the final straw. Get beat there, which is highly likely, and he will be gone before the new year.
No more fecking trials, please. Every game is now a final to achieve the aim of finishing fourth. Get him the feck out the club and get a non-dinosaur in.

didsbury1982

I now see the same look in LVG that I saw in Mourinho days before his sacking. Resigned, defeated, deflated.

He actually is a dead man walking, I kind of feel sorry for him. He doesn't deserve to go out like this. Surely he should resign and keep what's left of his dignity and reputation. He simply hasn't evolved with the game.
Thats horrible to watch. Looks a broken man there.

fergieisold

Ugh, the guys videos are great, but I wish he would shut the feck up!

peridigm

Every new video I see of LvG being boo'ed out of Old Trafford makes me feel a little more sorry for him. Even though I think the match day fans expressing their unrest is needed for the board to act quickly, it really is horrible to see and he doesn't deserve it. It looked like he wanted to bloody cry. Louis Van Gaal... looked like he wanted to cry.
Not me. He's being paid big bucks to do a job he is failing at. The players are failing and being paid huge wages as well. Rooney should be ashamed to collect his paycheck but I bet he doesn't bat an eye. Fair play to LVG for giving so many youth players a chance. I don't blame LVG alone for our position. The players need to accept the blame as well. There being managed poorly and playing poorly. The results of late are starting to show they're not backing the manager. I think it's just a matter of time.

Hitchcocker

Sympathy for the Devil? Not me. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. His treatment of van Persie and Hernandez was disgusting. The way he rid Januzaj out of the club when we needed him or than Dortmund is his own doing. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. I have less sympathy for him than I did for Moyes who I believe was a victim of circumstances.

Fully Fledged

If both parties don't mind it being discussed or announced I can't see it as a problem.
Whether it's City or us both have managers in place at the moment. If we sack LVG and announce somebody as an interim manager until the end of the season then it would be okay to announce his successor but not at the moment.

JoaquinJoaquin

Today has been a lot quieter then I imagined. Maybe he will cling on until the Stoke game after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.