M&S takes Aldi to court - Colin v Cuthbert

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
People who shop at M&S are usually breastfed well into their 40s

RedTiger

Half mast
One of my earliest memories is from when I was 4. I was in town with my dad and I saw a boy from my nursery, his name was Cuthbert. I waved and called out "hello Cuthbert". The boy waved back but then his mother yanked his hand back and told him off quite loudly, she said "I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING YOURSELF CUTHBERT! YOU'RE NAME ISN'T CUTHBERT! ".

The boy only stayed another couple of months at the nursery and I never saw him again.

In regards to the caterpillar copyright issue, cake designs shouldn't have intellectual copyright, that's ridiculous, although Colin is obviously the superior chocolate swiss cake.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
One of my earliest memories is from when I was 4. I was in town with my dad and I saw a boy from my nursery, his name was Cuthbert. I waved and called out "hello Cuthbert". The boy waved back but then his mother yanked his hand back and told him off quite loudly, she said "I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING YOURSELF CUTHBERT! YOU'RE NAME ISN'T CUTHBERT! ".

The boy only stayed another couple of months at the nursery and I never saw him again.

In regards to the caterpillar copyright issue, cake designs shouldn't have intellectual copyright, that's ridiculous, although Colin is obviously the superior chocolate swiss cake.
It's like this but with Cuthbert

Chipper

Adulterer.
There's Curly and Eric too!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259405113
https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui...usly-free-from-eric-the-caterpillar-cake-592g

Anyway, I'm rooting for Aldi because I shop there often.

Edit: Also a Wiggles at Sainsbury's for the kids that aren't allergic to stuff, you get more as well. https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/Product/wiggles-the-caterpillar-cake-717g

0le

Aldi and Lidl have been making products replicating well known brands for years and for whatever reason, no one seems to care enough to do anything about it, even though it is effectively like plagiarism in writing. Whilst this probably isn't the best example, I do think it is good that they are being called out for it.

pascell

I used to work in Oldham and next door to our office was Parkes Cakes who used to makes the cakes for M&S. We used to go into the factory shop on a Friday and the Birthday and caterpillar cakes that had gone wrong used to be sold for half the retail price, god I miss that place.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Aldi and Lidl have been making products replicating well known brands for years and for whatever reason, no one seems to care enough to do anything about it, even though it is effectively like plagiarism in writing. Whilst this probably isn't the best example, I do think it is good that they are being called out for it.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Totally agree, absolutely fantastic post mate.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think it's shit, Aldo and Lidl make far superior products for a fraction of the cost. M and s is overpriced shit. Look at those traffic light signals on their gear, it's all amber or red.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
People who shop at M&S are usually breastfed well into their 40s
Can attest to this as an ex-employee. Weird scenes on the shopfloor.

I sometimes dream of being the chief brand maker for Aldi and Lidl, being able to rip off mainstream products with much better names.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My only recent experience of M&S was one of those express stores. The fresh pastries were covered in fruit flies. Went to Sainsbury's instead like a normal human.

Hammerfell

My only recent experience of M&S was one of those express stores. The fresh pastries were covered in fruit flies. Went to Sainsbury's instead like a normal human.
Fresh pastries? La-di-da. What a picky little pigeon.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Fresh pastries? La-di-da. What a picky little pigeon.
You can mock me but the sight of dozens of flies running in and out of an apple turnover put me off sweets for almost an entire hour.