Maddison vs. Grealish -- Who would you rather have?

tenpoless

Grealish is more involved and important.
I guess it has something to do with him playing for a worse club too, but still... I know who I'd rather prefer. But We probably wouldn't sign any of them anyway. Pogba seems happy after the arrival of Bruno. And Who would pay for his transfer fee at this time. He'll stay I think.

Last edited:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Maddison would be pointless as he plays the same position as Bruno. I'm all for squad depth but it would make more sense for Bruno's understudy to be able to play more than one position. Grealish is the preferred of the 2 given his ability to also play wide, likely being more affordable and probably being the better player.

izec

Maddison is a worse Bruno. Grealish easily. He would suit us much better currently and probably cheaper as well.

wolvored

Grealish would be the better player. He can shield the ball, dribble score and pick out a pass. He is also a leader on the pitch. Madison can pass and score. Saying that I can't see us signing either one.

croadyman

Grealish for me and ironically they are both on holiday in Ibiza at the moment

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Very decent players owned by deluded clubs that think they can sell them for Koulibaly's price.

Grealish carrying his team in last few years gives him a bit more edge.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I feel sorry for Grealish. He kept Aston Villa in the EPL all by himself. The least they could do is to allow him to go without asking silly money for him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
IMO Grealish has more of an edge compared to Maddison.

E-mal

Grealish and its not close. He is technically a better player and more versatile.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Serious question? Maddison and its not even close.
Grealish and it's not even close for me. Not sure we need either of them mind but if we have loads of spare cash I wouldn't be against getting Grealish in.

mu4c_20le

Grealish and it's not even close for me. Not sure we need either of them mind but if we have loads of spare cash I wouldn't be against getting Grealish in.
I like him alot and wanted him months ago back when we were doing well and people were scoffing at the idea, but I do wonder if he is a big fish in a small pond type of player. Maddison plays at a higher level right now imo

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like him alot and wanted him months ago back when we were doing well and people were scoffing at the idea, but I do wonder if he is a big fish in a small pond type of player. Maddison plays at a higher level right now imo
I think he's very good and much more versatile than Maddison, but I do wonder if he's got a really elite mentality. For me he'd be a top class squad competition addition rather than first XI. Maddison I just don't think would fit in that well with the way we play.

Very decent players owned by deluded clubs that think they can sell them for Koulibaly's price.

Grealish carrying his team in last few years gives him a bit more edge.
Why are their clubs deluded?

They don’t need to sell them, this is not 1996 where clubs need to sell. Grealish was why Villa stayed up this season, it’s going to take a lot of money for them to replace him - so they within their rights to ask for top dollar.

BarcaSpurs

Since his 2 assists vs Villa on 8th December, Maddison has had a solitary goal and no assists in his last 16 matches.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Grealish. We need another creative attacking midfielder for rotation and when Bruno or Pogba is injured.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Why are their clubs deluded?

They don’t need to sell them, this is not 1996 where clubs need to sell. Grealish was why Villa stayed up this season, it’s going to take a lot of money for them to replace him - so they within their rights to ask for top dollar.
That price is something they won't get so I assume they want to keep him by scaring off clubs to pay clearly a deluded amount... and then what ? How much do you think he can save them over and over before going down again ? Do you think Villa can assure him 100% they'll build better squad so he can have finally stable platform to play ? What salary rise he can expect after being a biggest talisman player in the league.

It's not 1996 indeed, (oh boy I wish it was) but players today still have dreams to play for England and CL. We didn't need 1996 to convince Van Persie we can give him everything he desires.

As far as I know Athletic reported his plan was to keep Villa up then make a move. I'm not really surprised they want to keep him and at some point I feel for them, but it's their responsisbility to build team that can stand on it's own.

SirMattlives

I feel like a grinch but I am not particularly excited by either of these, especially at the sums involved.

Wilt

Grealish, but Villa wanting £80m Is ridiculous

Teja

Grealish. Said this elsewhere but shows more desire / grit. Shades of Tevez at WHU.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
There isn't a player I want less than 'Madders'. Guy seems like an absolute tit.

croadyman

I feel like a grinch but I am not particularly excited by either of these, especially at the sums involved.
You are entitled to your opinion but just have always had a feeling he loves proving the doubters wrong and think he would do that in a Utd shirt

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Most people here think Grealish is better player, yet they also think Grealish should cost less than Maddison too (who is valued at 80m in pre-COVID market).

Another thing is, most here think Villa should let Grealish go for cheap, as he carried them last season. Yet we’ve seen many top players carrying their team in the past too, none of them went for cheap for this reason.