Magic Neymar

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Zlatan would be sold already in January if making problems. Because Neymar is way better and more important. Zlatan survived only a season at Barca and was benched towards the end.
This is not even true. He was played out of position to accommodate Messi. Zlatan then had a falling out with Guardiola and even shouted at him. Pep got scared like a little boy and didn't dare look at Zlatan anymore and speak about it to him. Zlatan has even spoke out about it.

Zlatan at PSG scored 113 goals in 122 games. In his 4 seasons at PSG he scored 35, 41, 30 and 50. Neymar won't beat that record. They are different types of players but for me Zlatan was better than Neymar is. His desire and drive is unparalleled. There has been a lot of showboating flair players like Neymar but not many players like Zlatan. He is quite unique in his style.

Womp

idiot
It doesn't matter that Neymar isn't as good as Messi. The point is that having a player with such power at the club is not bad per se. Compared to Barca, PSG are not big either. Messi/Barca and Neymar/PSG are quite commensurable in terms of the realtion player/club.
Ye fair enough, in regards to his value to PSG it is comparable to Barcelona. I just don't believe in the idea of a player running a club unless they're going to guarantee that success. Ronaldo and Messi looked 2-3 levels above any other player when provided those privileges. Neymar is already an incredible player, third best in the world for me, but I don't see him improving much more than he has already. Not to add Brazilians aren't known for their long careers.

If he brings them global success it'll ultimately pay off. If he doesn't, he could cause some proper unrest in the squad which could result in further years of no one really taking PSG seriously as proper European contenders and a headache having to eventually rebuild the squad.

BenjaminP

Cavani is replaceable. Neymar is not with 230m.

Cavani who do you think you are? Give the ball to Neymar.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The Emery angle to it all is an interesting one since it was already clear last season he did not have great control over the squad even before Neymar & the Brasilian Posse fortified. It's interesting simply because Emery has historically taken underdogs lacking superstars and getting them to play better as a team without individual ego. Many might forget but he had issues with players like Deulofeu & Isco not towing the line and they were marginalized.

Now at PSG there is more attention and more superstars in a squad that he won't easily get to tow the line, particularly with ownership that will always choose the talent over the coach. Perhaps only a speedbump in PSG's development but team chemistry/harmony as a collective often trumps individual talent
When has he managed Isco? Isco only played a handful of games at Valencia so I doubt he was much of a problem there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
TBH missing 1 in every 5 penalties isn't that great of a record.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alan-shearer/elfmetertore/spieler/3110

^^^ this is a great record
Semantics, missing 2 out of the last 22 attempts is a great record. 1 in every 5 penalties doesn't give the performance its proper dimension.

Those reports about them on the brink of fighting each other in the dressing room don't fill me with confidence.
Meh, l'Equipe has been known to be big time liars and is a piece of shit journal. As long as I don't see further proof on the field that something is truly broken between them, there is nothing serious for me.

gingerless

this is so fecking petty it's worse than anything that drama queen ronaldo's even pulled. neymar finds it difficult to understand that not everyone is willing to give him a free kick at goal like messi and suarez used to do.

Normal stuff. Cavani was the top dog and Neymar is the new superstar now. They are only battling out to see who has the bigger balls and is the boss in the squad, the old or the new player.
this is anything but normal, they're not dogs they're human beings :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think this is getting way overblown. Teammates fight each other all the time behind the scenes and then show up the next day in training and all is fogotten. Both Neymar and Cavani know they need each other to have any kind of success.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
A bit late for that now. They've already embarassed themselves and the relationship between Neymar and Cavani is destroyed. If Neymar becomes their penalty taker now, after the row between them, it will feel humilating for Cavani.
This isn't a soap opera.

Walters_19_MuFc

Alves was giving the ball to Neymar for a free kick, not the penalty.

Neymar should be taking free kicks ahead of Cavani all day tbh. Penalties are a different story - Cavani is the designated taker and Neymar doesn't exactly have a stellar record from the spot.
That's fine, but that still doesn't excuse Alves from knocking the ball out of Cavani's hands.

Treble

Plenty of footballers have tremendously disliked each other, yet played just fine together in the same team.
It helps when they like each other though. By all accounts, Messi, Neymar and Suarez were friends and still are friends.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Modern football for you. They act and argue like kids and then think unfollowing someone on Instagram sends a message.
Quite. I think I'd prefer the Roy Keane method instead to settle things! But then I might just be old fashioned.

stygg

Zlatan would be sold already in January if making problems. Because Neymar is way better and more important. Zlatan survived only a season at Barca and was benched towards the end.
Neymar's fee or quality doesn't matter. Zlatan would've killed both him and Dani Alves if that happened during his time at PSG (which it wouldn't) before smashing home the pen. Cavani is a completely different animal, he's there for the taking.

BarstoolProphet

Considering being unfriended on social media is the ultimate punishment, even worse than the death penalty, I feel the reaction from Neymar is a bit harsh here.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
So kiddish, Neymar is so desperate to be in the spotlight. He wants to show off like some diva. Why is Dani Alves getting involved? Is Neymar his side chick? :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Semantics, missing 2 out of the last 22 attempts is a great record. 1 in every 5 penalties doesn't give the performance its proper dimension.
Him Rooney and Neymar himself I think share about the same penalty success record. Agree that he's good at it, but as expected Neymar being the top dog in the team will more likely want to take them all.

If that was Ibra tho I don't think the whole thing would've happened. Neymar won't feel the same respect to Cavani as to another strong personality like Ibra.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think he always respected Iniesta and Xavi, maybe I'm wrong.
He was in their shadow and can't possibly throw the same strop at Barca.

Most of PSG players are mercenaries tho and with him being the star of the team can basically do whatever he wants.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I really enjoyed watching Neymar at Barca, why in the hell he had to move to PSG? I truly believe some people thinks when they die they take the money with them.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You guys all like drama don't you? :lol:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I really enjoyed watching Neymar at Barca, why in the hell he had to move to PSG? I truly believe some people thinks when they died they take the money with them.
Me too. I guess he wanted to be the big dog, and that wasn't going to happen at Barca for the next couple of years. Now he can act like this at PSG and get away with it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
In footballing terms, Neymar is obviously incredible. In human terms, he is what can only be described as a little bitch. Dani Alves has always been a cnut. You only need to look at his face, or this outfit, to see that.

cyberman

Apparently they each have bonuses tied into being the clubs top scorer which is a stupid fecking idea.

Needham

Difficult to warm to Cavani. Looks like Papa Lazarou after a makeover.

RedDevil@84

Funny how some folks are using this thread to throw some more mud on Neymar. Somehow he was pious and part of a Holy Trinity at Barca and then became Satan after going to PSG.
Footballers fighting over freekicks and penalties happen quite often. Managers should shut them both and give out a decision.

djdhrubs

In footballing terms, Neymar is obviously incredible. In human terms, he is what can only be described as a little bitch. Dani Alves has always been a cnut. You only need to look at his face, or this outfit, to see that.

Only Messi in that photo doesn't look like a total bellend.

Red Stone

I'm no fashion afficionado, but this is quite possibly the worst picture I've ever seen.