Maguire: I wouldn't be starting every game if I was playing bad or not playing well enough, there's a reason both managers put me in XI every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Can everyone at the club realize what an expensive mistake they have made and bin him in the summer? Nevermind his shocking displays on pitch, his mentality is absolutely appalling.

SuperiorXI

Probably because we have unreliable CBs that are always injured. There's one thing for Maguire and that is he is reliable (in terms of being available for selection, reliability ends there).

Politically, it's also more difficult to drop him, he's the captain and cost 80m.

AndySmith1990

It's not a surprising thing for him to say given his reaction when he scored that England goal. He's a bellend and a disaster of a captain. What the feck was Solksjaer thinking

DevTheRed

From your captain that is an awful mentality to have, one of Ole’s biggest mistakes was giving that fridge the armband.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
He simply should go on holidays and come back in August, without the armband, just one our defenders (until we sell him).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His mentality is the same that most of our players have. The comment isn’t like outrageously egregious, but it is a bit shit and shows the lack of self awareness our players have.

Not really sure what he can say there, he has to back himself and try to maintain some of his own self belief.

Absolutely shite this season though, both he and Lindelöf showing tonight how we lack the very basics of just getting tight.

Biggins

Oh my, he has no self-awareness whatsoever. If he truly believes this then we are completely lost. He is terrible most of the games and will not get any better with this mindset

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
There's a reason though, both managers are clowns.
What other options were there for Ralf? Seeing as you are a superstar manager?

Lindelof and Varane are both injured for various amounts of the season. So what is your grand idea?

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
They were holding this quote till after we got twatted by Liverpool weren't they?
But anyway Harry is the worst captain United have ever had by a long long distance

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
United really shit the bed.

80M for a championship level player and then somehow make him captain of the club.

I just don’t get it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I mean you've changed it for the title for some reason but explain how it isn't? If he was playing badly 'every game' he wouldn't be playing, like he said. The alternatives are worse.

el3mel

What other options were there for Ralf? Seeing as you are a superstar manager?

Lindelof and Varane are both injured for various amounts of the season. So what is your grand idea?
Literally any young defender from the academy will do better at this point, or at least won't be worse, but will have potential to improve.

P.S : going into a discussion with a sarcastic note thinking this makes you funny and cool doesn't really strengthen your point of view.

m1tch

This is probably Southgate's doing as well as Ole (and Ralf to a lesser extent given the nature of his appointment). When the manager isn't good enough for the job they have, they get the players on side by telling them how wonderful they are. Maguire believes it. He's a massive disappointment but it'll be at least another season before the new manager addresses replacing him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
An unbelievably poorly timed interview from him :lol: I still maintain that these players live in a fantasy world where the fans are on their side which is why they keep leaking tone deaf stories to the press after every bad result.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Literally any young defender from the academy will do better at this point, or at least won't be worse, but will have potential to improve.

P.S : going into a discussion with a sarcastic note thinking this makes you funny and cool doesn't really strengthen your point of view.
That’s really your answer?

So these managers should just try a completely untested CB who isn’t good enough to replace a CB who played at a very good level at the euros?

Yeah. They are the clowns.

OverratedOpinion

It is stuff like this, the cupped ears for England and his sister's nonsense on Twitter which makes me really dislike him. Him being a very average player who is often out of form is one thing but the lack of self awareness is just annoying.

I really hope we take the hit on the transfer fee and sell him this summer. Jones is better then him, Lindelof is better than him, Bailly is better than him, Varane is better than him. He is just not as injury prone.

el3mel

That’s really your answer?

So these managers should just try a completely untested CB who isn’t good enough to replace a CB who played at a very good level at the euros?

Yeah. They are the clowns.
Maguire has been shit for an entire year but sure let's keep playing him because he played well with England at the Euros 1 year ago. Surely trying a youngster in a completely dead season in which we're out of all competitions and not going to finish top 4 - or maybe even top 5 - is going to harm the team more than continuously our underperforming player.

Who said the academy player tried instead of him won't be good enough to replace an underperforming, awful player ?

Such kind of mentality is why we're stuck with such dross. Let's keep on playing them while they're shit instead of - guess what - trying something new.

I guess you're the real superstar manager indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.