Maguire: I wouldn't be starting every game if I was playing bad or not playing well enough, there's a reason both managers put me in XI every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I actually don't remember any former great captain bigging themselves up like that "what I bring to the team..." How could he say that with a straight face ?

RedDevilQuebecois

My response to his comments is my best adaptation of UrinatingTree's roasting of Mike Mitchell when the latter played for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Harry Maguire... you are the most useless sack of shit I've ever seen. Everything about you sickens me to my core - the way you cup your ears, the way you complain about others when you're the one letting the opponent slip away into a good shooting position, how you claim a self-entitlement to respect because managers start you in all matches, and how you get burned by the simplest plays to shrug off the marking. You know the main job of a centre-back is to cover the striker, right? You are as terrible as this defence is. You are nothing but talk. All you do is throw your mouth about everything under the fecking sun. Have you seen how awful you're fecking playing? You're one of the worst centre-backs in the game, pants down. You are a total waste of space and money. Perhaps in that brain of yours, you can actually think about, I don't know, stopping to reflect about what a shitty player you are. Oh look, I have Maguire right here below. I know it's a burning pile of trash, but what's the difference?

Last edited:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It was so obvious we got rinsed when we bought him...we paid Ferrari type money to buy a Toyota....he was never good enough for a team that wants to win titles and we way overpaid for him.
A Toyota is actually reliable. We got a 2nd hand bmw that won't even turn on

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
And this is why you don't cheer mediocrity, these guys have grown up being told their shit don't stink since they were 12 - cheering on shit performances means they genuinely think they're not doing anything wrong.

Boo the cnuts, what's going to happen? They play even worse? Is that even possible?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Wow. So he thinks he's playing well. That's quite shocking.

Trequarista10

Do people still think he's better than Smelling?
I always liked Smalling. He was a beast in terms of speed, strength and in the air. His positioning and reading of the game was underrated. He dominated the penalty box. His only flaw was a lack of technical skill, but considering we're awful playing out from the back anyway it wouldn't have made a difference.

AndySmith1990

And this is why you don't cheer mediocrity, these guys have grown up being told their shit don't stink since they were 12 - cheering on shit performances means they genuinely think they're not doing anything wrong.

Boo the cnuts, what's going to happen? They play even worse? Is that even possible?
Yep it's part of the problem that has festered at United.

• Solskjaer telling them all how amazing they are during every interview
  • Fans cheering them no matter how badly they perform
  • Handing them new contracts with massive wages, making them amongst the best paid in the league
Any wonder we have a group of egotistical pricks who think they're better than they actually are? All we're missing is Vince Mcmahon telling all employees and commentators to refer to United players as superstars.

Laurencio

If ever there was an argument as to why you have to drop underperforming players, this is it.

RoyH1

I actually don't remember any former great captain bigging themselves up like that "what I bring to the team..." How could he say that with a straight face ?
It’s absolutely baffling. I think he’s too stressed out to even acknowledge how poor he is playing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
And one of those managers got the sack largely because he wouldn’t drop you. He was at fault for something like 12 goals in the immediate lead up to Ole getting fired. He must know that, do they not analyse games afterwards?

ash_86

And one of those managers got the sack largely because he wouldn’t drop you. He was at fault for something like 12 goals in the immediate lead up to Ole getting fired. He must know that, do they not analyse games afterwards?
This is where Ego comes into the picture. It prevents people from thinking rationally.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I mean he really looks bad recently. However, I have to say almost all defenders struggle vs a striker 1 vs 1 if the striker has enough time to think. Virgil now, Puyol and Maldini before are the very few defenders who frequently won those kind of duels.
I think a lot of Maguire looking shite comes to the team as a whole defending badly and that combined with him being in bad form gives you the impression that he is totally useless.

Laurencio

Clearly he thinks that being picked is proof he's playing well. If you as a manager know that is how a player thinks, the bar for dropping him should be much, much lower, and making him captain should be out of the question.

Even dropping him for one of the kids would be preferable to keep starting the boy when he thinks like that. Clearly he's not the sort of player to play his way back into form.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Well if he's not listening to the manager's pre game instructions (specifically don't push up a high line against Pool), I doubt he's listening to the analysis post game.

GreatDane

A Toyota is actually reliable. We got a 2nd hand bmw that won't even turn on
We bought a used 2007 Toyota, never a problem with it, reliable, starts every time, get's the job done and cheap.

Maguire starts every time, that's the only similarity.

WPMUFC

If this is what they say publically.... imagine the fart huffing they must be doing behind the scenes. Far out I think this interview may have been the catalyst for Rangnicks post match comments.

Our Club captain is seriously deranged

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What is Luckhurst doing? Isn't he supposed to cheer for him so that it improves his morale? Support him?

Drainy

Great leadership skills on display.

No humility, no self awareness, no desire to be the best, accepting of the bare minimum.

He's awful, as well as being a defender who is limited and terribly out of form

tomaldinho1

It’s like when he scored for England against Albania and cupped his ears afterwards, the guy is just thick.

Woodzy

The good-vibes only thing is a good point and makes me wonder if (despite some of his positives when entering the club), it’s a culture that Ole brought into the club.

Basically the opposite of Mourinho where he would hang a player out to dry in public, Ole would instead simply put an arm round their shoulder and give them a new affectionate nickname.

Lyng

He is the worst United captain I have witnessed. Imagine being this delusional. Get out of United Harry!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I defended him during the Greek incident. Now I know I was wrong...he's a lying twat with no self awarwness. He 100% got into a fight with the police and tried to olay the victim.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The problem with this squad is too many players have the mentality Maguire has shown here. They are incapable of looking at themselves. All the bullshit Rashford says about being his own biggest critic is just that...bullshit.
Maguire's eyes are all over the room during the interview. He can't look at the interviewer with a straight face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.