Maguire injury

Djemba-Djemba

Nothing broken but it's ligament damage.

Got a big protective boot on and was using crutches.

Doesn't sound like it's mega serious, so he might be ok for the Euros, but it's tough to see him being ready for the final.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If he has ligament damage I wouldn't risk him in the final

stw2022

He’ll play and score and lift the cup then use his massive face to gloat at the doubters

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I always knew he was injury prone.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I fear for our remaining games if we play Bailly

Tuanzebe has to be the chosen one

RUCK4444

This seems unnecessarily aggressive, he's been very good overall.
He’s been outstanding and we would be a hell of a lot worse off this season without him and his reliability.

Anybody talking nonsense about him will see what we’re missing if we play the final without him. I hope he recovers in time.

Jaxa

What’s mad is the injury didn’t even look like nothing , crazy how you can take crunching tackles but someone falling on you damages your ligaments , you’re at the mercy of luck in the football universe

Phil Jones must have smashed a few hundred mirrors , done the congo underneath a ladder and volleyed a black cat

MonkeysMagic

Just as well we have CL spot wrapped up. With our oy competent Central defender, any other pairing is just disaster waiting to happen.

Europa final now looking very even if Maguire can't make it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dammit, I was naively/hopefully presuming he'd be "fine" for Thursday.
Then clocked him on crutches!

If I was Maguire I'd probably more be thinking of being right for the Euros. Can't be taking risks with ankle stuff.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I mean if you're going to risk him for any game then it would be a final wouldn't it?
If I were to choose a game to risk him in, yes of course. I'd prefer not to risk him in any though. Aggravating a ligament injury could have a severe long-term impact.

But I trust United's medical team to make the right decision with the information they have here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What’s mad is the injury didn’t even look like nothing , crazy how you can take crunching tackles but someone falling on you damages your ligaments , you’re at the mercy of luck in the football universe

Phil Jones must have smashed a few hundred mirrors , done the congo underneath a ladder and volleyed a black cat
It brings back memories of that goon leaning into Vidic years ago, and injuring his cruciate. That was a much more serious one, but equally innocuous looking.

Judas

Open to offers
We're lucky we're in a situation where there's only one more league game we'd desperately want him for, I'm not hopeful he'll make the final though.

djembatheking

If any of our other centre halves get injured we might have to call on Phil Jones for the final.

CM

Hopefully he's back in time for the final. I've not always the biggest Maguire fan but he has made himself an important part of this side.

Probably also one of those players where you don't truly appreciate their influence until they're out of the team.

GueRed

Maguire gives us a sense of security at the back which Bailly and Lindelof dont.

Is a big miss.

ShinjiNinja26

I really hope he can make the final. Not just from a team perspective because he’s are best CB but also on a personal level. After all the shit he went through in the summer and the rough start to the season he’s completely turned it around and deserves to lift a trophy at the end of it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Thats a pneumatic walker. He is out for weeks boys.
It’s an aircast. It’s a standard immobilization device for most ankle injuries, especially in their early stages.

He certainly won’t be 100% for the final, but he will probably be able to give it a go.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Love it when all the medical experts come out :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thats a pneumatic walker. He is out for weeks boys.
At this point they'll do anything to help accelerate the healing process. Just because he's in a boot now doesn't mean it's game over.

I do suspect though he'll probably miss the final, won't want to risk the Euro's either if he's not 100%