Maguire needs to be replaced

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Unless the manager wants a fresh start.

To be fair, it would be hard justifying keeping Maguire who never deserved in the first place. We have a GOAT in the team, a club legend in De Gea, another CB who is twice the player, Bruno, the Manc Rashford, and even Pogba if he continues. Maguire is our second/third best CB and not in our top 5 players, he never captained anyone before coming here and somehow became captain in 6 months. Pretty weird, all things considered.
Were you as vocal about this change of captain being required when he was playing well last season?

Revan

Assumptionman
Were you as vocal about this change of captain being required when he was playing well last season?
Yes, I thought he was utter crap on the first half of the season. He was undoubtedly our best CB in the second half though, and I don’t care at all how he plays for England.

Leftback99

Yes, I thought he was utter crap on the first half of the season. He was undoubtedly our best CB in the second half though, and I don’t care at all how he plays for England.
I must say that I have been extremely wrong about Maguire (and to a lesser degree AWB). I thought that he is just gonna be an okay player, an okay second choice/great backup, but he has proven his critics wrong and is becoming one of the best CBs in the world.
He was shocking yesterday but knee jerking about him being captain is daft.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
There is no point in everyone hammering 2 dozen threads about every player saying they are poor.

One thread about the management decisions and the coaching staff needing to be replaced now would be sufficient.

Revan

Assumptionman
He was shocking yesterday but knee jerking about him being captain is daft.
Yup, I said that during the Euros or something. He had proven me wrong with his performances in the second half of last season (I was claiming that Lindelof is better than him for the first half of last season), and looked that he might make a big step forward and establish himself as one of the best in the world. Instead, he went back to his previous level, which makes him the third best CB in the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Worst player in the history of world football.
Wouldn't even do well for my local park team

Blah blah blah

You lot don't half over react :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There is no point in everyone hammering 2 dozen threads about every player saying they are poor.

One thread about the management decisions and the coaching staff needing to be replaced now would be sufficient.
It's sh!te over emotional internet fans.

We all felt down, but we don't need to smash every single player, the manager, the Glazers, the coaching, the ground, compare us against every other team, every single week. It's so tiresome.

We all know we probably need a new manager, and that it's probably not every single player being wrong.
But we also know that our club have a history of awaiting confirmed failure before acting.

It's unthinkable to see Ole out unless we take two 3-0 home defeats to Pool and City, plus fail to win any of the next 4-6 games and end up 6 or so points even off top 4 by the end of November.

Leftback99

Yup, I said that during the Euros or something. He had proven me wrong with his performances in the second half of last season (I was claiming that Lindelof is better than him for the first half of last season), and looked that he might make a big step forward and establish himself as one of the best in the world. Instead, he went back to his previous level, which makes him the third best CB in the club.
Looks like you change your mind every week.

Revan

Assumptionman
Looks like you change your mind every week.
It is not every week though. Magure played at average for 1 and a half year, during which time I thought that Lindelof was our best CB. Then he was clearly better the second half of last season, and had a great Euro, so I thought that he has reached a new level (facts change, opinion changes). Now, he is back to his previous version, which is somewhere between a good backup (3rd choice CB), and not a very good starter (second choice CB), around the same level as Lindelof but with very different weaknesses (brainfarts, switching off, getting easily dribbled compared to getting bullied and losing headers).

Ok, but not great.

Leftback99

It is not every week though. Magure played at average for 1 and a half year, during which time I thought that Lindelof was our best CB. Then he was clearly better the second half of last season, and had a great Euro, so I thought that he has reached a new level (facts change, opinion changes). Now, he is back to his previous version, which is somewhere between a good backup (3rd choice CB), and not a very good starter (second choice CB), around the same level as Lindelof but with very different weaknesses (brainfarts, switching off, getting easily dribbled compared to getting bullied and losing headers).

Ok, but not great.
He's started the season poorly no doubt about it. But a month ago you were saying we had the best CBs in the league with City and Maguire was one of the best in the league.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I legit don't get the hate for Maguire. He's one of the best CB's in the league on his day. Granted, his performances for United this season have been less than pleasing, but let's face it, he's in good company in that department. Can any United player say they're proud of their performances this season? Not really.

Try being a United defender these days with arguably the most ineffective midfield in the league as your protection. It's no picnic.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's started the season poorly no doubt about it. But a month ago you were saying we had the best CBs in the league with City and Maguire was one of the best in the league.
Yeah, I think Varane is the second best CB in the league, and Maguire was looking to become one of the best.

Idxomer

I was made fun of for suggesting the same by the trolls in the General forum.

PoTMS

How much could we get for him if we sold him to Newcastle? I'd be looking to replace him for Pau Lopez.

Oranges038

The lad looks like he's daydreaming out there.

Should never have been made captain, just a giant mouse.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why is he always getting sucked in to positions he should not be in. Honestly, we need to have a discussion regards to Lindelof and Varane axis. Can’t be worse than this..

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
And we spent a world record fee for a defender on him.

Lee565

So the signing of harry for 80 million wasn't a masterstroke signing by ole who supposedly has been amazing with transfers in and out of the club like selling lukaku and then for the following seasons having to rely on two strikers in their mid 30's and martial.....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is stupid. Anyone blaming things on player quality is fecking blind IMO.

led_scholes

He is just an OK to good defender. But it is obvious that he is going to a rough patch. But he should never be considered as irreplaceable.

Dookingham United

The lad looks like he's daydreaming out there.

Should never have been made captain, just a giant mouse.
At this stage I feel that the board have captaincy as part of his contract. A Sunday pub league manager would have changed it by now, knowing that to keep such a weak player as a "leader" is damaging

Red_toad

Our defensive coaching is a shambles.
You’d think a half decent coach could set a team up to be solid, but we’ve got no holding midfielder and defenders who appear to have no system. Shaw & Harry have been terrible, Lindelof invisible only AWB has looked like he has any ability to make a stand. Pretty basic to get 1 of McFred to stand in the middle of the park track runners and hold a position.

Jacob

Making him the captain so early was a massive mistake. Can't see us benching the captain and replacing him so soon after he was promoted.

MattofManchester

Strip him of his captaincy too. I'm sick to death of seeing him with that armband when he's done shite to deserve it.

iamBen

He's 28 now, why does he keep flying out trying to make challenges he's got no chance of getting anywhere near?