Maguire Swore at Shaw: F**king Switch On

John Keiler

I remember being in the VIP suite once with a rather tiddly Clayton Blackmore who said that Fergie's real 'enforcer' behind the scenes was McClair and the players were petrified of him.

The Original

This./

Ashley Young was the king of pointing & yelling. If a captain that makes we should have won the league without a loss next season.
Ashley Young was a great captain if a limited player. You could say he didn't have enough talent but you really could not accuse him of not giving his absolute all, standing up for the team, and rallying the troops. He was a great captain in every way that lay within his power.

arnie_ni

Shaw should have shouted at him yesterday when he didnt close Cantwell down at the edge of the box.

Massive pet hate of mine. Close the space and try and stop the shot!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I remember being in the VIP suite once with a rather tiddly Clayton Blackmore who said that Fergie's real 'enforcer' behind the scenes was McClair and the players were petrified of him.
I loved McClair. There was an interview a while back and he was reminded of a time the same interviewer started talking about music with him. He responded “Is this a fcuking music interview?” Not in any violent way, but that Scottish bluntness with profanity used happily.

That would have been great in a changing room. Acidic tongues with a sense of humour are great to cut bullshitters down to size.

John Keiler

I remember watching the Cup final against Millwall and it was obvious Wise was going all out to crock Ronaldo from the start. After a couple of very dodgy tackles and out of view of the main action, right in front of us, a certain Mr G Neville got hold of Wise and was obviously saying in no uncertain terms 'you'll have me to answer to if you carry on'.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I remember watching the Cup final against Millwall and it was obvious Wise was going all out to crock Ronaldo from the start. After a couple of very dodgy tackles and out of view of the main action, right in front of us, a certain Mr G Neville got hold of Wise and was obviously saying in no uncertain terms 'you'll have me to answer to if you carry on'.
Did Wise, who could start an argument in an empty phone box, laugh?

John Keiler

Wise was like i'll take Keane on, but please not Neville. :lol:

@John Keiler have you considered writing comedy sketches?
No, but I would take a hardened Premier League and England fullback over some keyboard warrior anytime.Please let me know when you take him on.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Don’t really understand the point of this thread. I’m pretty sure that someone has yelled at Maguire to mark better or close the gap to an attacker.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How many goals have we conceeded in just last few weeks that you can say both of them were at fault? Post Euros hangover, they are sleeping for most of our games, and yet they both keep starting games.

NotQuiteManc

Partly their fault, but most should be Ole's for keeping selecting him and Maguire, and let fatigue (and complacency?) to set in. We have seen Shaw in his best, and it was really, really good but even best players need to have good amount of rest to keep performing.

snk123

How many goals have we conceeded in just last few weeks that you can say both of them were at fault? Post Euros hangover, they are sleeping for most of our games, and yet they both keep starting games.
All the problems eventually come back to Ole. We have been screaming to fecking have some accountability for their poor performances. I hope Shaw and Maguire cost him his job now.

Okey

Of course it all comes back to Ole. What does someone have to do to get dropped??? The alternative couldn't be possibly worse at this point could they? Good managers know how to use their squads and keep everyone sharp and motivated.

InfiniteBoredom

This is the problem with being pals and playing favorites with players. Fergie was loved by most of of his teams but the overriding emotion they ever talked about is fear of disappointing him and the wrath that could ensue. Vibes mean feck all and doesn’t create a cutthroat winning culture.

paulscholes18

What has happened to Shaw he was elite the back end of last season and the Euros, now he's mediocre at best.

Based Adnan

No accountability for performances at this club. Both should have been dropped a long time ago.

yeti

I actually think Maguire gave Shaw a shout to let that ball run. The way Shaw turns to Maguire and puts his arms out

Someone

Something
Shaw is a confidence player, can be world class but when he starts making mistakes he crumbles. He isn't tough mentally.

Talisker

Who the hell is 'coaching' our defence? Someone asked me the other week if I'd take Bruce instead of Ole - I'd take Bruce in place of Maguire!

AFC NimbleThumb

Maguire shouting anything at anyone was always ironic but to shout it at his fellow chuckle brother was always hilarious. They’re both as bad as each other.

Varun1

Partly their fault, but most should be Ole's for keeping selecting him and Maguire, and let fatigue (and complacency?) to set in. We have seen Shaw in his best, and it was really, really good but even best players need to have good amount of rest to keep performing.
Exactly, partly the players' fault but we've seen how good Shaw can be, surely he deserves some rest though. Ole didn't give him a rest when we had Brandon and he's still not doing it this season when we have Telles and Dalot. Typical of Ole though, he needs results so badly that he can't see risk playing anything but the strongest 11.

Also, how much of it is coaching! How many of these players would play better under a better regime!

Varun1

Maguire shouting anything at anyone was always ironic but to shout it at his fellow chuckle brother was always hilarious. They’re both as bad as each other.
Gives me Lukaku vibes, always blaming others even when it thier own fault.

OrcaFat

Exactly, partly the players' fault but we've seen how good Shaw can be, surely he deserves some rest though. Ole didn't give him a rest when we had Brandon and he's still not doing it this season when we have Telles and Dalot. Typical of Ole though, he needs results so badly that he can't see risk playing anything but the strongest 11.

Also, how much of it is coaching! How many of these players would play better under a better regime!
Most of these players have played significantly better under this regime. Wouldn’t be surprised if they played even worse under another.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There are many other players who have had good Euros and who don't play as badly as them.
We are in November, these clowns are just fecking shite

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There are many other players who have had good Euros and who don't play as badly as them.
Yes, but even if they have excuse, they simply shouldn't be playing and that's it.

KingCavani

Shaw was never that good. Ever.

Even at his best the praise he received was always ridiculously over the top. Comparisons to Roberto Carlos in the summer, he’s not fit to lace his boots.

A bang average player with an atrocious attitude who gets complacent every few months. No different to Pogba and Martial. Needs to be part of the upcoming purge which is long, long overdue.

Time to get quality full backs in like all top clubs do in modern football. Ours are trash. Just look at Walker and Cancelo - They just own their side. Dominance. We haven’t had that in a decade.

SER19

Chuckle brothers. Neither should play again under a new manager until they earn a place

AFC NimbleThumb

This./

Never known players get as many excuses as they’re getting.