Make a starting 11 with your favourite United players

andy dufresne

Being a tad older than perhaps the majority of posters on here who naturally have selected footballers from maybe the last 15 years or so and again this is only opinion and it is ,of course,all relative but the best United Player of my lifetime by a mile was Bryan Robson.People tend to have short memories in this game we all love and they do not realise unless,like me,they are a bit older,just how important Robbo was to United when he was fit and firing and how much he carried United on his back in much the same way perhaps as,dare I say it because I really dislike Liverpool,Gerrard did for Liverpool in recent times.Bryan Robson literally had it all...he scored vital goals on a regular basis, was a great tackler, driving force from midfield and all over the pitch,a warrior in the tackle,strong,forceful, a good passer of the ball, a very good header of the ball,a dying art it seems now from midfield as well as being the first name on the team sheet especially under Big Ron,a fantastic reader of the game, as fit as anyone (which is surprising when you consider the amount of alcohol he could consume,another plus in my eyes haha) he would have walked into any team in the world and I mean any team at that time and a true inspiration to me growing up as a footballer and many other United fans/supporters too.Here ends the Bryan Robson Appreciation Society for today!