Television Malcolm In The Middle

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Genuinely one of my favourite comedies, a very underrated show imo. One of the few shows where I'm genuinely laughing out loud regularly throughout.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I thought it was a really great show that was often dragged down by the boring Francis digressions.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fantastic show which ended at the right time. Might have actually gone a season too long

Great to see all the kids go on to have fantastic careers too

Member 39557

My feelings also. Big fan of the show but always felt it needed less Francis. Francis on the phone was enough. When he became a main character, it got a bit too much.
Francis started off fine in the military academy and the dude ranch. Once he left the ranch it got a bit shite though. They ruined his character.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Francis started off fine in the military academy and the dude ranch. Once he left the ranch it got a bit shite though. They ruined his character.
Preferred the Alaska narrative and especially the dude ranch storyline far more than the military academy stuff from the early episodes, to be honest. Otto was one of the best tv characters ever.

Member 39557

Preferred the Alaska narrative and especially the dude ranch storyline far more than the military academy stuff from the early episodes, to be honest. Otto was one of the best tv characters ever.
Each to their own I guess.

I liked the military academy as he was a rebel against authority but he usually always had a just reason and you could see why his brothers looked up to him despite being sent away etc. Then with the Dude ranch, you saw him start to mature and be more responsible. I guess they ran out of ideas after that.

Dir Wangem

Francis was the weakest character for sure, but I still enjoyed his arcs. The military academy, Alaska and the ranch, were all great fun. Come to think of it, I can't remember much from his story after he was fired from the ranch? He'd only occassionally show up after that, if I'm not mistaken. I remember there was a surprisingly heart-warming episode where Dewey helped him get a job interview. But apart from that, the Francis character "died" after the ranch, and thus he didn't really harm the show, imo.

Witchking

One of the absolute best. This sitcom showed that you do not need a laughter track at every other sentence like other sitcoms. The dialogues, acting and the background score was fantastic.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
His interaction with his group of friends, all of whom were black, was hilarious--especially the one episode where they perform as a singing act.
I love when Hal gets kidnapped by his friends because he refuses some kind of dental surgery and they (5 black men) get pulled over by the police with Hal tied up in the boot.

I can't find the clip of it.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
There was a thing I saw recently, apparently on the updated widescreen version of some of the earlier episodes, you see the stand in for Dewey a ton as he'd previously been out of shot :lol:

Sylar

Malcolms friend that...... would...... take.....ages..... to ...... say...... a ..... sentence
always made me laugh.

It was a great show.

EyeInTheSky

Is it just nostalgia or is this show absolute gold? Never gets old to me. Share your favourite episodes/moments..
bh
It was awesome. Pure gold.
Genuinely one of my favourite comedies, a very underrated show IMO. One of the few shows where I'm genuinely laughing out loud regularly throughout.

In my younger days, I loved it. I used to genuinely laughing out loud. My favourite scene must be when the dad barged into his boy's bedroom in a panic bricking himself over something he had done and bribed his kids by asking for a volunteer to take the blame for something he had obviously just done and I think it was Malcolm who took the cash. The dad then grabbed him in a reverse choke hold and shouted out loud, as the mum came into the house and found whatever the dad had done, "I found him honey" and then in a hushed voice he told Malcolm gratefully "your a good son"

creasing up just thinking about it now. For the life of me, I can't find the episode when I tried to search for it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
bh

In my younger days, I loved it. I used to genuinely laughing out loud. My favourite scene must be when the dad barged into his boy's bedroom in a panic bricking himself over something he had done and bribed his kids by asking for a volunteer to take the blame for something he had obviously just done and I think it was Malcolm who took the cash. The dad then grabbed him in a reverse choke hold and shouted out loud, as the mum came into the house and found whatever the dad had done, "I found him honey" and then in a hushed voice he told Malcolm gratefully "your a good son"

creasing up just thinking about it now. For the life of me, I can't find the episode when I tried to search for it.
I just searched for

"mitm malcolm takes the blame"

Season 1 Episode 16: Water Park

EyeInTheSky

Is it just nostalgia or is this show absolute gold? Never gets old to me. Share your favourite episodes/moments..
It was awesome. Pure gold.
Genuinely one of my favourite comedies, a very underrated show imo. One of the few shows where I'm genuinely laughing out loud regularly throughout.
It is pure gold! Cranston is amazing, always :lol:
It was often very good
I just searched for

"mitm malcolm takes the blame"

Season 1 Episode 16: Water Park
Hahah! Great thanks!!

gormless

American Netflix has the entire thing. When it was still accepting VPN's I binge watched over the course of a summer between jobs. Still watch occasionally on Kodi.
The episode where Jessica convinces Reece and Malcolm that the other is gay is incredible, resulting in them dancing to Abba. Excellent show. I got briefly excited when Muniz mentioned he would be up for a movie a year or so ago but nothing seems to have come of it

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
bh

That is one of my favourite intro's too. Hal is superb. One of my favourite episodes is where Lois imagines what life would be like if all her boys were girls instead, the end with Francis was hilarious.

Perhaps my favourite scene is from an episode where Jessica convinces Lois to take them all to a musical, and to stop Reese & Malcolm changing her mind, she convinces each of them that they're going to a musical because the other one is secretly gay, ending in them both awkwardly singing and dancing Abba together with the whole family watching in bemusement, except Dewey who just has a shit eating grin on his face. I just tried to find it on Youtube but couldn't. :( (S6E4)

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
American Netflix has the entire thing. When it was still accepting VPN's I binge watched over the course of a summer between jobs. Still watch occasionally on Kodi.
The episode where Jessica convinces Reece and Malcolm that the other is gay is incredible, resulting in them dancing to Abba. Excellent show. I got briefly excited when Muniz mentioned he would be up for a movie a year or so ago but nothing seems to have come of it
Ha, didn't even see your post before I made mine, such a terrific scene!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That is one of my favourite intro's too. Hal is superb. One of my favourite episodes is where Lois imagines what life would be like if all her boys were girls instead, the end with Francis was hilarious.

Perhaps my favourite scene is from an episode where Jessica convinces Lois to take them all to a musical, and to stop Reese & Malcolm changing her mind, she convinces each of them that they're going to a musical because the other one is secretly gay, ending in them both awkwardly singing and dancing Abba together with the whole family watching in bemusement, except Dewey who just has a shit eating grin on his face. I just tried to find it on Youtube but couldn't. :( (S6E4)
Not in English but close enough

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Hal is as great a character as it gets. The race walking episode is pure gold. :D