Malky Mackay | Sacked by Wigan Athletic

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
Yea but he's still a forward. Campbell, Bellamy, Jones. Those are his competition. A loan move back to Denmark to get his football boots on wouldn't be bad. When he get's back, Bellamy is probably gone and Jones will have been Jones and about to be 30. Offloading Cornelius would be a big mistake, any way you look at it.
I agree, a loan move back to Copenhagen would be the obvious move. If rumours are to be believed then Cardiff are willing to take a 5m loss and pay up 70% of his 5 year contract to sell him :houllier:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Who cares about the loss? It's a sunk cost- if he's useless offload him.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Cornelius has been injured most of the season and he's just a kid. It says more about the way Cardiff is being run that they are offloading him for a huge loss already than it does about Malkay's ability in the transfer market.

Brayford cost £1.5 million, it's hardly a huge catastrophe that it didn't work out.

You have to take a few punts at that kind of money when you are the size of Cardiff. They brought in Noone and Kim for similar fees and they look like very shrewd purchases. Sometimes those punts won't work out, but they are needed because they can't go out and buy proven quality like Medel and Caulkner for every position.
Well they signed Theopile as well right after, another right back. Doesn't particularly hint that the transfers were well thought out.

Oggmonster

In hindsight the way Tan way portrayed worked out well for Mackay. He wasn't doing particularly well at the club anyway and he pretty much "got off" with any criticism people gave because of Tan. The press had their target and they didn't let up on Tan, in the meantime Mackay didn't get any criticism levelled at him. There's been some rumours since this Palace link that Mackay was hardly an angel himself and didn't exactly help things.

justboy68

So is the allegation that Moody and Mackay were siphoning off some of Tans money as trumped up agents fees and the likes? If it is something along those lines that is rather serious indeed. Certainly makes Tan seem like less of the bad guy he was portrayed as anyway (although the kit change stuff is still disappointing).

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
So is the allegation that Moody and Mackay were siphoning off some of Tans money as trumped up agents fees and the likes? If it is something along those lines that is rather serious indeed. Certainly makes Tan seem like less of the bad guy he was portrayed as anyway (although the kit change stuff is still disappointing).
Wow I had never heard that. Where's that from? That's bad if it's true.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
A few people on Twitter, including the Caf's favourite, Pilip De Brun, said he was basically a cnut, but for legal reasons, couldn't elaborate.

Purely speculative on my part but, look at some of his signings, the fees and the fact he went over the budget AND still demanded more money........Very shoddy

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A few people on Twitter, including the Caf's favourite, Pilip De Brun, said he was basically a cnut, but for legal reasons, couldn't elaborate.

Purely speculative on my part but, look at some of his signings, the fees and the fact he went over the budget AND still demanded more money........Very shoddy
It's to do with the text messages/emails. Not surprised he didn't get the job, sounds like a twat of the highest order.

Brophs

The One and Only
The article seems to be hinting at financial impropriety. As I said earlier in the thread, I have little sympathy Tan in respect of spending more than £30m, as it's a chairman and owner's job to actually sign off on those deals. If they looked wrong they should have stopped them. If they didn't look closely enough to notice then more fool them. But IF they did all of that but were ultimately misled by people at the club, who may or may not have hidden things to get the deals done, then it throws new light on it.

The next few weeks will be very interesting, I suspect. Close call for Palace potentially.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
The article seems to be hinting at financial impropriety. As I said earlier in the thread, I have little sympathy Tan in respect of spending more than £30m, as it's a chairman and owner's job to actually sign off on those deals. If they looked wrong they should have stopped them. If they didn't look closely enough to notice then more fool them. But IF they did all of that but were ultimately misled by people at the club, who may or may not have hidden things to get the deals done, then it throws new light on it.

The next few weeks will be very interesting, I suspect. Close call for Palace potentially.
Really looking forward to Tactics Tim taking over now...

"Gotta sho' some gu' innit?!"

Wicked_Badger

Listened to 5 live on the way home and whilst the reported didn't let anything slip he did mention a few times that it was very serious and it'll come to light in the next few days.

When they chat like that it's usually some sort of proper crime. Skimming off transfers is the first thing that popped into my head.

Edit: looks like it was homophobic & racist texts. They're fecked.

Who the hell sends 70,000 texts and 100,000 emails?

Last edited:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Gotta love it when a proper wrong'un gets outed. Wonder what this means for Moody's job at Palace (edit - apparently he's gone).

I thought it was worth checking out what Cardiff fans made of all this too:
Not sure we should be helping palace to be honest.
More and more evidence stacking against MM....

Court case withdrawn
Public apology to Tan
Jobs not being offered
Moody resigning
Job offered then withdrawn

I was a huge Malky fan, and was gutted when he was sacked. My opinion is quickly changing...
I'm glad the cancerous scum has finally left the club. You can tell the club is in a better position now without those disgusting vile men at the club
Plus one weirdo going around their forum defending Mackay.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He's a proper Berkeley Hunt by the sounds of it. Glad they've both been outed.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a knob head. He won't get a job in football again.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
If the likes of Lee Hughes and seemingly Ched Evans can back into football, anyone can.
There's a big difference here. They're players, and their crimes don't really affect their relationship directly with teammates anyway, though i'm sure there will be some animosity. Mackay being racist makes it very difficult for him to every effectively manage a team again, how can he garner the respect of players now?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Check this guys time-line, he's a pro footballer who played under Mackay.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Jesus, I was definitely in the Malky Mackay corner until now

I always thought the statements made and the the reason he never pursued any compensation was that Tan settled with him privately.

Palace have dodged a bullet. If I was parish I would get on my hands and knees and beg Pulis to reconsider

Bojan11

Check this guys time-line, he's a pro footballer who played under Mackay.

He left on a mutual consent two months after Malkay was appointed.

Poor guy. Alarming that dinosaurs like this exist.

Zoo

Interesting to re-watch this interview with Tan, done a few months after sacking Mackay.

Oo0AahCantona

What an absolute rat, he is. Hope he gets BATTERED by the press so everyone knows how much of a wanker he is.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting to re-watch this interview with Tan, done a few months after sacking Mackay.

'One day you are hero' 'Right now he is a hero and I'm a zero, I assure you this will reverse when the truth comes out'

MUFCpiffgawd

And to think people were rushing to his defense after his sacking. Vicent Tan had legitimate concerns about Mackay when he got the sack but nobody wanted to listen.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Disgraceful. Never liked the guy before anyway. Found it ridiculous how the media painted him as a saint and reporting how unlucky he was to be sacked despite spending huge amounts of money the previous summer and leaving his team ominously hovering around the relegation zone. As if it was unfair or somewhat preposterous they sacked him. Get to feck! I'm glad the truth has come out, don't want that detestable cnut anywhere near the Premier League.