Malo Gusto | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

This one's annoying. He would've been great competition for Dalot - hope we can find another RB of similar quality in the summer.
Yeah first one of their January spree which is frustrating because we have potential issue at RB

Dannn411

Even though it stings to lose out on such an obvious improvement to our squad and to our right back play, I think there are still options out there that we can get in the summer that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and would still improve us. Frimpong at Leverkusen and the two RBs at Southampton (Livramento and KWP), especially if Southampton go down, are names that come to mind.

But we need to be very clear-eyed in the summer and act fast. As soon as the season ends priority should be to offload all our deadwood that can fetch us some money (Maguire, AWB and Mctominay in particular) at all costs and immediately start working on signing improvements.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Even though it stings to lose out on such an obvious improvement to our squad and to our right back play, I think there are still options out there that we can get in the summer that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and would still improve us. Frimpong at Leverkusen and the two RBs at Southampton (Livramento and KWP), especially if Southampton go down, are names that come to mind.

But we need to be very clear-eyed in the summer and act fast. As soon as the season ends priority should be to offload all our deadwood that can fetch us some money (Maguire, AWB and Mctominay in particular) at all costs and immediately start working on signing improvements.
Are you looking for a body at RB or an improvement? If it's just a body, someone who can do a solid job, then Livramento makes sense.

footballbite

Its a pity but just means we have to be smarter with our transfer business from here on out. To be honest if Dalot can stay fit and wants to stay then I wouldn't see RB as a huge priority. Someone like Aarons, for instance, could be a good cheaper back up option.
Haha:

"We have to be smarter with our transfer business from here on out" does not tally with "Someone like Aarons, for instance, could be a good cheaper back up option".

I've mentioned this before but Aarons is one of the worst full-backs at defending you'll ever see. He basically turns in to DVB when he has to stop an attack down his flank.

He's not good enough to even be a back-up at Utd, you might as well just keep Laird if that's the level you're aiming for.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This guy must have hated his parents growing up

Lemoor

Are you looking for a body at RB or an improvement? If it's just a body, someone who can do a solid job, then Livramento makes sense.
Livramento needs to play to develop, he didn't play football since April last year and nobody knows how well he will even recover.

Chairman Steve

Chelsea single-handedly destroying the myth of not being able to do deals in January. Almost £200m spent on 7 players so far, which to almost all clubs is a good summer. Mind you, they did spend £100m in the summer on some duds like Sterling, Aubameyang and Kouilbaly.

Sterling and Kouilbaly could easily be in the running for the ‘Worst PL signing’ award. Aren’t they on like £200k+ a week for five years as well just to make it worse?

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Chelsea single-handedly destroying the myth of not being able to do deals in January. Almost £200m spent on 7 players so far, which to almost all clubs is a good summer. Mind you, they did spend £100m in the summer on some duds like Sterling, Aubameyang and Kouilbaly.

Sterling and Kouilbaly could easily be in the running for the ‘Worst PL signing’ award. Aren’t they on like £200k+ a week for five years as well just to make it worse?
Getting their spending in before the new FFP stops clubs (regardless of owner wealth or generosity) spending big.

Superden

Once their injuries settle down, they are going to have a few big name players not even making the match day squad...

Threesus

How come Chelsea just got the American abramovich, man. Wish we had luck like that.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

KK & Auba have been big time busts (and I’m especially shocked with how big of a letdown Koulibaly has been) but I definitely wouldn’t call Sterling a dud or anywhere close to worst signing. He hasn’t been the top class signing we Chelsea supporters hoped yet but he hasn’t been terrible.

Think Raheem will be just fine in the long term. Just like I feel Cucurella and Wes Fofana will be.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How come Chelsea just got the American abramovich, man. Wish we had luck like that.
Abramovich actually ran them quite efficiently in terms of finances after the first few years. I think before 2010 they didn't make much profit from sales but after that they were much better.

Boehly will want his pound of flesh eventually

AFC NimbleThumb

Once their injuries settle down, they are going to have a few big name players not even making the match day squad...
This is the problem I see coming. Let’s fast forward to next season when they’ll have gone crazy again in the Summer [which they will] they’ll either be left with players they can’t shift on ridiculous wages or be paying them to play elsewhere.

TheReligion

Abusive
This is the problem I see coming. Let’s fast forward to next season when they’ll have gone crazy again in the Summer [which they will] they’ll either be left with players they can’t shift on ridiculous wages or be paying them to play elsewhere.
Very interesting to see what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.