Malo Gusto | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestRed

For what it's worth Stephen Howson was waxing lyrical about this lad a couple of weeks back.

House Mkhitaryan

According to WhoScored...

Strengths
  • Passing (Very Strong)
  • Key Passes (Very Strong)
  • Crossing (Strong)
  • Holding on to the ball (Strong)
  • Tackling (Strong)
  • Ball Interception (Strong)
  • Blocking the Ball (Strong)
Weaknesses
  • Concentration (Very Weak)
  • Aerial Duels (Weak)
Style of Play
  • Likes to play short passes

Sounds good to me for a 19 year old French RB. The only red flag is concentration, but you'd think proper coaching and maturity should be able to fix that. As a relatively inexpensive signing, this one seems exciting.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/403850/Show/Malo-Gusto

dinostar77

I rather we get this guy and build for the future than sign a 29year old munier.

spiriticon

According to WhoScored...

Strengths
  • Passing (Very Strong)
  • Key Passes (Very Strong)
  • Crossing (Strong)
  • Holding on to the ball (Strong)
  • Tackling (Strong)
  • Ball Interception (Strong)
  • Blocking the Ball (Strong)
Weaknesses
  • Concentration (Very Weak)
  • Aerial Duels (Weak)
Style of Play
  • Likes to play short passes

Sounds good to me for a 19 year old French RB. The only red flag is concentration, but you'd think proper coaching and maturity should be able to fix that. As a relatively inexpensive signing, this one seems exciting.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/403850/Show/Malo-Gusto
The new Luke Shaw? :nervous:

Great name though :lol:

Lux Thunder

For those who are not familiar with the player and wondering what he can bring to the squad, here is the highlight of his fbref statistics, compared with full-backs in the top 5 leagues + European competitions in the last 365 days.

Possession

Passing

Defense

Clear upgrade at Dalot and AWB despite his young age.

goalscholes

Saw his youtube highlights. Can press, can protect the ball when being pressed, carries the ball extremely well.

Sign him up now.

daba

If we manage to get rid of AWB and sign this guy, I’d be satisfied with this window.

Still a loooong way to go with the squad as a whole but you can’t do a rebuild in one summer and I would rather we give Amad and Garnacho more minutes than spunk money on plan C forward.

AussieDevil

A player named Gusto is guaranteed to be a legendary right back. It’s the most fullback name you can find.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Gusto, Tielemans and Antony would be an excellent end to the window. I wouldn’t have suggested Tielemans previously but the addition of Casemiro makes him a much better fit, plus he’ll be relatively cheap in comparison to other options.

croadyman

Gusto, Tielemans and Antony would be an excellent end to the window. I wouldn’t have suggested Tielemans previously but the addition of Casemiro makes him a much better fit, plus he’ll be relatively cheap in comparison to other options.
Worrying there seems little talk of alternative CM targets since De Jong brief yesterday

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Worrying there seems little talk of alternative CM targets since De Jong brief yesterday
Casemiro was the alternative, surely? Another midfielder would be in addition to. We’d do really well with a tempo setting number 8. Someone in the mould of Barella. A real pass and move player. As it is it’ll be Casemiro and Eriksen plus one more. Whether that one is Bruno or Fred will likely depend on the opposition I imagine. We could really do with the third being someone with a lot of energy, a la Fred, but better play making abilities.

croadyman

Casemiro was the alternative, surely? Another midfielder would be in addition to. We’d do really well with a tempo setting number 8. Someone in the mould of Barella. A real pass and move player. As it is it’ll be Casemiro and Eriksen plus one more. Whether that one is Bruno or Fred will likely depend on the opposition I imagine. We could really do with the third being someone with a lot of energy, a la Fred, but better play making abilities.
Even when De Jong was the priority target there was nothing about signing a second midfielder

Hammondo

Casemiro is nothing like De Jong, De Jong is a deep lying playmaker. He sets the tempo and runs the midfield. They are exactly the types to suit playing together.

ThanksBoss26

Interesting point, I wouldn't have either but with that assurance of Casemiro behind him, he could be useful for the no.8 role at a good price. But yes chuck in a keeper with the above (I haven't seen enough of the right backs linked to comment which is best) and the starting team looks stronger.

croadyman

Interesting point, I wouldn't have either but with that assurance of Casemiro behind him, he could be useful for the no.8 role at a good price. But yes chuck in a keeper with the above (I haven't seen enough of the right backs linked to comment which is best) and the starting team looks stronger.
Isn't this Gusto meant to be one of the top upcoming full backs

Bojan Djordjic

This is the kind of player we never go for. Doubt this is happening
Both our current fullbacks Shaw and Dalot were both teenage prodigies when they were signed. Dalot was seen as the best of a talented Portuguese underage crop and Shaw was a sensation at Southampton. Just goes to show that these hot prospects don’t always develop in a straight line.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Casemiro is nothing like De Jong, De Jong is a deep lying playmaker. He sets the tempo and runs the midfield. They are exactly the types to suit playing together.
Thank you Einstein for clearing that up. I had no idea what type of midfielder each was, especially given they are both so low profile.

ExoduS

I was wondering why there is a Serbian title on redcafe. "Malo gusto" means "little dense" in Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian. Useless fact haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.