Malo Gusto | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Good man
He always says this and the player almost always ends up leaving. He was similarly bullish with Bruno Guimaraes and other players over the years that have ended up being sold days or weeks later.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I wasn't that impressed with him against West Ham, if I'm honest, very young though and lots of scope to improve. I think I'd prefer Vanderson from Monaco if we were to go for one anyway, so if he does end up at Chelsea, no big deal.

dinostar77

Do players do any homework on the players who play in their position at a club that wants to sign them? Hes going to spend a awful long time on the bench when reece james is back.

Mainoldo

Good deal for them. Doesn’t really solve their current problem though. But I get it, it would be harder to get him in the summer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Strootman's Finger

Same. It’s so frustrating how mismanaged our transfer business has been over the years which has forced us to overspend in the summer trying to fix it. Otherwise we’d probably have been well placed to sign Gusto this month.
Apparently we asked him to hold off till the summer. He was a priority signing for United.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He always says this and the player almost always ends up leaving. He was similarly bullish with Bruno Guimaraes and other players over the years that have ended up being sold days or weeks later.
Called it :wenger:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He looks to be a very talented young kid playing in a position we need to strengthen in, of course I’m a bit gutted we missed out on this one. I suspect Utd are as well considering they contacted him and asked if he could hold off moving until the summer.
If he don’t want it, we don’t want him. We want people desperate (or better word possibly is passionate) to play for the badge. If he wants Chelsea and the cash & uncertainty that comes with it. So be it. On to the next one.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think I've ever seen a club spend as much money as Chelsea in such a short space of time. And from what's being reported in the last few weeks, the negotiating team includes either Boehly or one of the co-owners who turn up and pay up.

Only time will tell if this strategy is successful. But I must admit, they do seem to have signed some fantastic players potentially.

From a United perspective I hope we can get rid of the Glazers soon. And hopefully the new owners will have the ambition to compete at the top. I don't think we need to spend as much as Chelsea, but it would be nice to see us sign a new keeper, RB, CM and striker in one transfer window at the very least. And that would likely see us be very competitive in all competitions.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
So what happens to the 60m Cucurella? Is he going in the bin? Their spending is funny

kidbob

Its a pity but just means we have to be smarter with our transfer business from here on out. To be honest if Dalot can stay fit and wants to stay then I wouldn't see RB as a huge priority. Someone like Aarons, for instance, could be a good cheaper back up option.

Rolaholic

I'm jealous to be honest :lol: , especially at that fee...

Great talent and probably couldn't have someone better to learn from than Reece James.

Must be nice being able to bring in quality young players whenever deemed necessary even at positions of strength.

TsuWave

If he don’t want it, we don’t want him. We want people desperate (or better word possibly is passionate) to play for the badge.
One of the dumbest recruitment strategies I've ever heard of and always gets trotted around these parts. fecking hell.

LordSpud

I dont get why we are so worried about FFP when these lot are just burning cash.

mikeyt

I dont get why we are so worried about FFP when these lot are just burning cash.
We aren't, the Glazers just don't want to spend any money when they're trying to sell. Everyone knows FFP is a joke.

FromTheBench

Not flustered about this that much.

We have Dalot whose getting better all the time. Wan Bisakka will probably have to be sold before we get someone else in.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
One of the dumbest recruitment strategies I've ever heard of and always gets trotted around these parts. fecking hell.
:lol: :lol:

Want to return to the mercenary tactic of just throwing stupid amounts of cash at players?

Not for me thank you. I want players like Licha who WANT to play for the badge. Not for cash.

Redo91

Very strange choice from the player’s point of view. He’s going to a club that probably won’t be able to offer CL football next season when he is likely to have offers from clubs playing in the CL. As he is staying at Lyon for the rest of the season I don’t know what he has to gain by agreeing to go now.

TsuWave

:lol: :lol:

Want to return to the mercenary tactic of just throwing stupid amounts of cash at players?

Not for me thank you. I want players like Licha who WANT to play for the badge. Not for cash.
Yes, because it has to be one or the other, right?

Missing out on quality players because "passion" is moronic. Football is a profession. Malo Gusto wasn't going to be a volunteer for either United or Chelsea. You think the highly successful players are City were passionate about their shirt/badge?

Lisandro is my favourite United player, but the current manager is on record saying he called him and said "boss, I'm leaving Ajax this summer either way, and I'm on my way to Arsenal, but if you want me I'll come". Desperate to play for the badge right? :houllier:

This is their profession and how they make their living. All this desperate to play for the badge nonsense is tooth fairy type stuff.

Malo Gusto is not going to pass or sit around when a top club wants him, in the hopes United might move for him in the future. That's ridiculous

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Very strange choice from the player’s point of view. He’s going to a club that probably won’t be able to offer CL football next season when he is likely to have offers from clubs playing in the CL. As he is staying at Lyon for the rest of the season I don’t know what he has to gain by agreeing to go now.
One season out of the CL means very little these days. As a United supporter you should know that all too well. You’ve signed some top players without it over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.