Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Who should play upfront then livvie?
Diouf and Berbatov, Dioufs speed will run those old legs ragged and drag them everywhere, allowing our midfielders to get through the middle more. I'm not Livvie though.

MUFCgal

Indeed. & he can't be expected to play well with his lack of experience in a United side playing so poorly.
I understand also that giving him time on the pitch will be hard now because we've so many important games coming up, and of course he's inexperienced. I'm talking about having him on the bench every match and bringing him on to give him time. Maybe if we've got a match wrapped up or whatever, even just bring the lad on for 15-20 mins and that'll help him immensely.

Berbatov & Rooney will be the main striker partnership, then on the bench we'll have Diouf and Kiko.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
On a serious note I don't that we should play with 2 upfront against Milan. In my opinion we should stick to 4 - 5 - 1 with Berba upfront, Park and Valencia on the flanks and Scholes as the most advanced midfielder.

arjwiz

Its surely going to be 4-5-1 to start with. Would have loved Giggs to be back for this one. Both the Owens as well.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm not sure he's ready for a game like Wednesday's. I'd prefer to play Berbatov up front on his own, with Fletch just off him like in the away game, and Park tucked in on the left. We couldn't give the ball away as much as I think Diouf would end up doing.

Having no recognised striker on the bench (if Rooney doesn't make it) gives us very few options if it goes to extra time, or worse, if we're down with fifteen minutes to go.

devilish

Its surely going to be 4-5-1 to start with. Would have loved Giggs to be back for this one. Both the Owens as well.
We have to defend the lead won at Milan and not let our midfield get overrun. AC Milan will have to attack. Berba has to exploit such weaknesses in defense.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I'm not sure he's ready for a game like Wednesday's. I'd prefer to play Berbatov up front on his own, with Fletch just off him like in the away game, and Park tucked in on the left. We couldn't give the ball away as much as I think Diouf would end up doing.

Having no recognised striker on the bench (if Rooney doesn't make it) gives us very few options if it goes to extra time, or worse, if we're down with fifteen minutes to go.
Sounds good, Brophs.

Doubt if we'll score many though.

Gambit

We have to defend the lead won at Milan and not let our midfield get overrun. AC Milan will have to attack. Berba has to exploit such weaknesses in defense.
Yet you know we won't do that and we'll make it an incredibly nervy affair all around.

devilish

Yet you know we won't do that and we'll make it an incredibly nervy affair all around.
We can break AC Milan's rythm . We did it in the past which much better teams (Ex Barca AWAY) and we can do it with Milan AT Home.

Gambit

Now with Diouf were at the cusp of a whole new world of attacking options.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Anyone saying he was decent tonight at the likes in a non-sarcastic way needs their head checked. He had 2 (arguably 3) good chances and fluffed all of them, his touch was poor and his overall play was rubbish too.

He is young, he has time and its too early to write him off, but tonight was nothing short of abysmal..

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Rumor has it he raped a 7 year old girl with leukemia once.

talking robot

about the topic at hand...
Diouf clearly has talent. He needs time and opportunities before we can figure out if he has enough talent to play at united. It's true that he missed a couple of sitters today, but it is normal for younger players to have trouble integrating into the team in their first season. As some of the other posters have said, I think nerves might have influenced him. He has only been here for a couple of months, so he deserves some patience, especially given the fact that he seems to have a knack for getting into dangerous areas and creating opportunities for himself. A striker who doesn't get in those positions will never score, but one who does just needs a bit of composure before they start knocking them in. I still think that Diouf will make it at Old Trafford, but of course he will need to start proving this soon.

Girish II

Now with Diouf were at the cusp of a whole new world of attacking options.
He should partner Rooney tonight, the perfect player to be alert whilst Rooney spends the whole match tiring the feck out of the Milan grandads. He's certain to spread their centre backs allowing for us to move easier in attack.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He should partner Rooney tonight, the perfect player to be alert whilst Rooney spends the whole match tiring the feck out of the Milan grandads. He's certain to spread their centre backs allowing for us to move easier in attack.
He could also cause one or two of the old farts to have some kind of cardiovascular event, what with the shock at seeing the technique he uses to head a ball.

Devilton

He could also cause one or two of the old farts to have some kind of cardiovascular event, what with the shock at seeing the technique he uses to head a ball.
I had to watch the replay of that header 10 times because I was convinced the ball did something funny for him to be in such an awkward position and then I realized - Nope, It was just shockingly poor technique. The ball was perfectly delivered by Gaz. How the boy managed to look so unseemly when he hit it only he knows.

I'll put it down to nerves, but from what i've seen he's got a lot of enthusiasm and his movement is good but his technique is dreadful. The look on Fergies face said it all really.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I had to watch the replay of that header 10 times because I was convinced the ball did something funny for him to be in such an awkward position and then I realized. Nope. It was just shockingly poor technique. The ball was perfectly delivered by Gaz. How the boy managed to look so unseemly when he hit it only he knows.

I'll put it down to nerves, but from what i've seen he's got a lot of enthusiasm and his movement is good but his technique is some of the worst i've seen.
To be fair to him, he's scored a load of headed goals for Molde so I'm sure his technique is fine. It's not as though he needs to learn a new technique to head English footballs.

It was obviously just one of those "oh fuuuuck it's coming to me, don't feck it up, please don't feck it up, unnggghh... THOK! ... oh no, i fecked it up..." moments that can happen when a young player gets overcome by the pressure of 70,000 pairs of eyes watching them. He just got massively over-excited and completely mistimed the header.

Reminded me of Obertan bizarrely dribbling the ball straight into touch - without a defender anywhere near him - on his debut. Would raise concerns about his mental toughness and confidence but not his ability as a footballer.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If Rooney wasn't fit I would be keen for him to start tonight alongside Berbatov.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Certainly came on and made out team look better when Gibson was off. Gibson should never be playing an attacking role as that isn't his key attribute, he can not play off defenders and should be kept in MF which he will have more space to penetrate and find more long shots.

Diouf came on and made things easier for Berbs to drop deep and link up play and what I like is he likes to find space and run behind the defenders. Just what we need for a fwd leading the line, still his first touch is very poor but can only improve by time. Still looks a bit uncomfortable but I mean Molde and Manchester Uniteds atmosphere should be hell of a lot different and if I'm at the team I've always dreamed of I'd be damn excited just getting to run on the pitch.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's quite funny how big a deal is being made of that header, Tevez did almost exactly the same thing against us in the League Cup and it was barely even mentioned.

The header wasn't good, but I was more concerned by the chance where he was stood in the six yard box and didn't even consider that the ball might come through to him and he just stood there and it hit him.

You can see the raw attributes are there, pace, strong, decent leap, his decision making isn't good, but you wouldn't expect it to be. He's just someone who could turn out to be a very good player, so worth taking a punt on, it's a bit like Obertan, everything is there, just whether he and the coaches can bring it all together through hard work to become the maximum of their potential

Gambit

He's got all the technique he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.