Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

datura

Macheda's final ball was dreadful except for the assist, and even this I thought was slightly overhit. There was a casual flick which surrendered possession far too easily, and also some stray balls throughout the match.

Macheda and Welbeck are not going to make it here.
He set up Diouf 3 times, of which he scored two, scored two penalties (the one in normal time was awarded as Evans was brought down running onto a lovely deft flick around the corner by Macheda), drove the team forward when we needed the winner and was at the heart of everything good we did. I really cannot fathom where you come from sometimes, I can only conclude that you are on the wind up as even his biggest critic would have to conclude that he had a great game.

Obviously there are areas of his game that require sharpening up, and he had a quiet first half hour when he struggled for service, but to say he won't make it is an incredible statement to make given he is only 19.

Time to put you on ignore I think as you have nothing to post that's worth my time reading.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
De Laet and England's future no 1 keeper had a nightmare in that game.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How did you reply to Devilish before he'd posted?:confused:

That's spooky...:nervous:
I posted it and deleted it (to add a new post with the video) because I feared that someone would put another video which would make my post null. I apologise for any inconveniece caused.

Sir A1ex

De Laet and England's future no 1 keeper had a nightmare in that game.
To be fair, it was one of those weird nigthmares that turns into a really enjoyable dream towards the end, given that he went on to win us the shoot-out almost single handed.

Maybe we should keep him just to have him on the bench in cup matches and bring him on for shoot-outs?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I posted it and deleted it (to add a new post with the video) because I feared that someone would put another video which would make my post null. I apologise for any inconveniece caused.
I was going to go on about the power of my prophecy of The One then, spoilsport.

Shimo

For United's third goal, Diouf's touch from the long ball in was brilliant, Macheda's chipped cross was well executed and Diouf looked like he was about to try and strike it first time but, seemed to realize defender had slipped and he could take a touch mid hit. That is real composure considering the time left on the clock - could have easily just swung at it and bollocked it.

Not sure why some people have been so critical of Diouf as being another Dong or Manucho. He seems to score whenever he plays for the reserves.

He is proving to be a very useful striker. How many goals has he scored for us already?

I would definitely like to see him get more appearances in the first team. Next season we will definitely need more goalscorers available to take some dependence off Rooney.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
He made all 3 goals you tit :lol:
The problem with Scholsey is that for some reason he's taken offence by the manner in which both Macheda and Welbeck have celebrated some of their goals. He's convinced that they're both arrogant (which is actually a prominent attribute of most top players) and has developed an irrational hatred of them. No matter how well they play or what contribution they make, he can't see it because he's far too busy despising them.

Anyone got highlights of the penalties?
Check the matchday thread in the reserves forum.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Ben Foster's penalty was the best of the lot, really well struck. I thought Macheda didn't have his best game but in and around the area he was electric.

In brief summary:

Diouf's movement was superb, Norwood couldn't cope with the pace first half, Dudgeon got raped repeatedly, Stewart runs down blind alleys and Foster can't deal with corners but can deal with penalty's (think he went the right way for every one).

Eirik Raude

Here is an interview he gave to Norwegian fanzine "United supporteren".

Mame Biram Diouf gives Ole Gunnar Solskjaer credit for the transfer to Manchester United

Diouf has had an adventurous journey since the shock transfer worth £5 million from Molde to United. Now he speaks of a new life in an interview with the magazine "United Supporteren".

- It is thanks to Ole that I am here. He has helped me a lot, and I look at Ole as a big brother, said Mame Biram Diouf.

Solskjaer and FIFA agent Jim Solbakken were key figures when Alex Ferguson unexpectedly bought the Senegalese in July last year.

And like Solskjaer Diouf came to United as top scorer in Molde FK.

- I look up to Ole for the way he came from Molde and became a major contributor here at Manchester United. Now I want to develop myself and become better and better just as Ole managed, Diouf says in the interview.

Studying Solskjaer

Mame Biram Diouf got a taste of Premier League football already in his first season as a United player. His debut came against Birmingham 9th of January. He also contributed greatly to Solskjaer's reserves being crowned English champions.

- Ole was a fantastic goalscorer. I have DVDs of all the matches and goals of Ole. I study them carefully, says Diouf.

Diouf thought he was on his way to the Dutch club Groningen when he was told of the United deal last summer.

- I think many people were surprised and I was surprised myself. I had played well and worked very hard. Pleasing enough, I was rewarded for the effort. Now the dream has come true. I will enjoy my time here, says Diouf, who likely earns between £500k and £1 million a year as the United player.

Hails Ferguson

No. 32 states that the transfer from Aker Stadium to Old Trafford has been great.

- There is obviously a big difference between Norwegian and English Premier fotball. Here it's fantastically pacey. You must have planned the next step even before you receive the ball, unless you will lose it.

Diouf praises the boss himself, Sir Alex Ferguson.

- I'm not saying that Sir Alex is one of the best managers in the world, I say that he is the best. Of course you listen when he speaks. A man with that experience and whom has won so much, can only help you.

Misses Molde

Mame Biram Diouf played 2nd Division football and attended folk high school when he joined Molde in 2006. He is grateful for the opportunity he had in MFK.

I was there for three years. The best three years so far in my life as a footballer. Norway is a part of me now. I have so many friends there, and I have my brother there, says Diouf.

Mame Mbar Diouf (19) has a contract with MFK until the end of the season, but is now on a loan spell at 1st Division club Sarpsborg.

- I miss my brother and all my other Senegalese teammates in Molde. We were like a family. It's tough, but that's life, says Mame Biram Diouf, who was back at Aker stadium attending Molde - Haugesund when he visited his former club last weekend.

New season

Diouf uses the football holiday to visit friends and family in Norway, France and Senegal. After the holiday, the run up to a new season in the Premier League begins. The battle for a spot in the first team is tough in one of the world's biggest football clubs.

- No matter which club you go to, there will be competition. I love to be in the same club as Wayne, Dimitar and Michael.

- It is a great thing for me, because I feel that I learn a lot from it. Whoever I play with up front, I have a great player next to me, says Mame Biram Diouf to Norwegian fanzine "United Supporteren".

Eirik Raude

You're welcome. And I found it on a Norwegian website, so sorry if the translation is a bit off sometimes. The partnership between Google translate and myself hasn't reached it's full potential yet.

Decotron

You're welcome. And I found it on a Norwegian website, so sorry if the translation is a bit off sometimes. The partnership between Google translate and myself hasn't reached it's full potential yet.

Bit like this lad. One thing I'll say about him is his movement inside the box is fantastic. The rest of his game needs alot of work thats for sure but the same can be said about alot of great finishers over there years

Eirik Raude

Bit like this lad. One thing I'll say about him is his movement inside the box is fantastic. The rest of his game needs alot of work thats for sure but the same can be said about alot of great finishers over there years
I know. This is one player I really hope will make it here. Of course I hope all our youngsters will, but I have a special hope for Diouf, because I've followed him since he came to Norway. A really great guy, hopefully he will turn out to be a great footballer as well.

Gambit

I know. This is one player I really hope will make it here. Of course I hope all our youngsters will, but I have a special hope for Diouf, because I've followed him since he came to Norway. A really great guy, hopefully he will turn out to be a great footballer as well.
I love this lad, any guy that has a one man impromptu street parade in his united kit, with no one there, but grinning from ear to ear and proud as hell that he's joined united deserves a lot of respect and a bit of time from the fans as far as I'm concerned.

Eirik Raude

Mame Biram Diouf started up front for Senegal in the match against Denmark on Thursday. I didn't watch the game, so I don't know much about his performance, other than what I've read afterwards. Somebody said he he was the only real threat in the Senegal team, and looked the sharper of their attackers. He had one really good chance as far as I could see from the match reports, which he was unable to execute into a goal.

Neutral

BTV
I wrote a bit of a review on his performance in the transfer forum, in the Simon Kjaer thread, seeing as how he was indirectly involved in the injury.

Basically, Senegal are rubbish, but Diouf gave a good account of himself, held the ball up well, tried to link up play and made a couple of good runs.

The one chance he had, it was from a pretty tight angle, and the defender put in a good tackle.

Eirik Raude

I wrote a bit of a review on his performance in the transfer forum, in the Simon Kjaer thread, seeing as how he was indirectly involved in the injury.

Basically, Senegal are rubbish, but Diouf gave a good account of himself, held the ball up well, tried to link up play and made a couple of good runs.

The one chance he had, it was from a pretty tight angle, and the defender put in a good tackle.
Ok, haven't seen that, but thanks :)

Gambit

Ferguson on Diouf!
As for Mame Biram Diouf, you have to watch hundreds of strikers before you find one who can win matches. When you find him, you sign him
:p To all you unbelievers.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Bolton Wanderers target Manchester United striker > Bolton Wanderers FC > Sport | Click Lancashire

Bolton Wanderers are reportedly hoping to sign young Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf on loan.

Wanderers boss Owen Coyle appears set to continue his loan policy following the success of Arsenal youngster Jack Wilshere’s stint last season.

The 22-year-old signed for the Red Devils from Molde last summer but could only make his debut in the new year after he experienced work permit problems.

The Senegal international made five Premier League appearances scoring one goal.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may well be tempted to give Diouf the opportunity of regular first team football elsewhere and Wanderers could be seen as an ideal destination.

I have said a good few times that I reckon Diouf will head out on loan this season (to give him experience and cut down the squad to fit the 25 list) and Bolton would be a good move for him imo. A premiership side, and close to Manchester so he won't have to move out of the area.

Red Norse

Bolton Wanderers target Manchester United striker > Bolton Wanderers FC > Sport | Click Lancashire

Bolton Wanderers are reportedly hoping to sign young Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf on loan.

Wanderers boss Owen Coyle appears set to continue his loan policy following the success of Arsenal youngster Jack Wilshere’s stint last season.

The 22-year-old signed for the Red Devils from Molde last summer but could only make his debut in the new year after he experienced work permit problems.

The Senegal international made five Premier League appearances scoring one goal.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may well be tempted to give Diouf the opportunity of regular first team football elsewhere and Wanderers could be seen as an ideal destination.

I have said a good few times that I reckon Diouf will head out on loan this season (to give him experience and cut down the squad to fit the 25 list) and Bolton would be a good move for him imo. A premiership side, and close to Manchester so he won't have to move out of the area.
Would be brilliant for him to go on loan to a PL club, Bolton would suit quite nicely. The step from Norwegian football to PL was always going to be a bit steep, but the lad has something about him. As he's nowhere near Utd quality yet, Bolton would be a good place to make him accustomed to the English game. Reserve football is no place for a player like him, at times he was deadly in Norway, I'm sure Bolton would find him quite useful.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
I think that clause is standard in all loan deals.
I'm not so sure.

A Player on long term loan may not be recalled except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Season.
FA / PL Rules on Loan Recalls

Welcome back btw.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
Cheers. The weather in Ireland is much better than i remember!
Hahaa, it rained all last week.

Seriously though the last few days have been gorgeous, I counted three tiny wispy farts of cloud in the sky this morning. Today is going to be a monster, at least here on the south coast.

I actually worded that first post badly, what I'm trying to say is that if we do loan him out I hope we just loan him out until January and then take it from there rather than loan him out for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.