Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Boss impressed by Diouf

Senegalese striker Mame Biram Diouf is a step closer to making his United debut.

Diouf was granted a work permit just before Christmas and ManUtd.com can reveal he has now been registered with the Premier League and will wear the no.32 shirt.

Sir Alex has touted the striker, who signed from Norwegian side Molde FK in July 2009, as a "very exciting prospect" and is now free to include the 22-year-old in his matchday plans.

"He’s adapted very well to our training regime and has looked very impressive,” he told Inside United. “He’s quick, very good in the air and a good striker of the ball.

"Overall, he’s a really good centre-forward and he’ll play a part."
Boss impressed by Diouf - Manchester United Official Web Site

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Interesting... wonder if that opens up space for Welbeck/Macheda to go on loan? Portsmouth I imagine could do with a free striker round about now...

prateik

brum bware

late KOs on sat are usually jinxed
mame will change all that

prateik

Interesting... wonder if that opens up space for Welbeck/Macheda to go on loan? Portsmouth I imagine could do with a free striker round about now...
they cant sign anyone .. right ?

preston is the place to be

RonaldoVII

Doubt they could contribute to their wages either. It would be great if we started the unofficial feeder club with Preston, like we did with Sunderland when Keano was there. Annual friendly with PNE would be good too.

HsJ

Well the positive thing is, he sounds better than Manucho ever did.

SAF was never this positive about Manucho, and always described him as a "long term project"

Mame sounds like he's ready already...

ChuCho Vs Mame....

Sounds epic.

HsJ

Well he was impressed by Dong as well, and Manucho...
Erm...are you sure about that??

Re: Manucho
“He has done very well training with the first team and playing in a couple of practice matches.

“It is always difficult to assess it completely. But there is good potential there. He has good assets. He is 6ft 2in; he is quick, aggressive and very agile - so there is something to work on.

“If we can get the work permit we can map out a future for him, but I wouldn’t see him as a first-team player this season.”
Source

Dong on the other hand was dubbed as a player with potential, but he never fulfilled it...(we all knew he was some sort of marketing ploy though...)

Godfather

He was impressed with those two when they weren't here though. He's actually praising Diouf whilst he's training with us for a change.
manucho was actually training with the first team when he said he had great potential...same about dong

Dyslexic Untied

I've seen him a fair bit in the Noggie league, and I have my doubts, as I have expressed on here before.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong though - but from what I've seen he hasn't looked United quality. The physique is there but I'm unsure about whether or not he has the skills to go with it.

Godfather

Why do we insist on buyin such players off the peg anyway? Is Fergie so determined to find some black pearl or something? To find a new Drobga himself? Haven't seen anything from him yet, but I doubt that he is any better than either Welbeck or Macheda, from what people who actually saw him wrote on here.

Shimo

Haven't seen this posted but, he's been given the number 32 for his shirt .... used to be someone elses number.

Laphroaig

Why do we insist on buyin such players off the peg anyway? Is Fergie so determined to find some black pearl or something?
Do you have anyone else in mind than Manucho and MBD? That's not many. The answer to your question is "because some of them come off," (like OGS, but perhaps it's only the signing of unknown black talent you're opposed to) and "not all the players who are or will become great are already huge stars."

Shimo

The stories today are quoting SAF as saying Diouf will have a part to play this season.

I know it's crazy to doubt The One but, when Tosic came available last Jan, wasn't the same thing said about him - that he'd have a part to play?

Diouf though must be doing something right because SAF has been gushing over him several times over how he looks in training and wasn't there a tidbit about Carrick's Facebook page mentioning how well Diouf is doing in training?

prateik

i'm afraid he has peaked
we should sell him to the highest bidder

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I think i've just let a little love juice go.
I can't stop mine. All you doubters will soon know. Then you will BOW YOUR HEADS IN SHAME. Pray he shows more mercy to you than he will the opposition.

Ace

This may be the only positive thread on this whole damn site.

Viva la Diouf!

Sir A1ex

So, first major impact of Diouf arriving has occurred already... Gary Neville has done the right thing and stood aside as captain to make way for him.

How long before, Fergie, Gill, the Glazers, Fred the Red, Gordon Brown and the Pope follow suit?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Have I missed this?

How do I go about my indoctrination?
Believe we have signed the greatest player to walk on this plane of existence. Give in to the ones overpowering coolness. Eat a kebab. It's a simple way that encompasses all. Prepare yourself.

comlag

Believe we have signed the greatest player to walk on this plane of existence. Give in to the ones overpowering coolness. Eat a kebab. It's a simple way that encompasses all. Prepare yourself.
I am ready to accept the Chosen One.

The rituals will be in place by the early hours of saturday morning.

buckooo1978

this thread is like novacaine for the soul - leaves you with a warm and contented feeling

long live the king - long live diouf

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Dioufists! I passed a message onto our lord today, at Primark he walked loftily and I begat to him: "Mame! Mame!" He turned around along with several women and said, "Yes?" To which I begat, "We are the Dioufists!"

He looked upon me, and spoke thus: "Who?"

We are known to him, as....The Who!

ManRyan2

I've seen him a fair bit in the Noggie league, and I have my doubts, as I have expressed on here before.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong though - but from what I've seen he hasn't looked United quality. The physique is there but I'm unsure about whether or not he has the skills to go with it.
I have to agree with that. My first reaction when hearing he'd signed for us was that he wasn't the material Ole was made of.
He does get in scoring positions though, but reg finishing its' a bit hot and cold. He'll either score 5 or none.
The jury's out. If Ole can help him with the finishing bit, he'll certainly become a very good striker, all the other attributes are there.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
I have to agree with that. My first reaction when hearing he'd signed for us was that he wasn't the material Ole was made of.
He does get in scoring positions though, but reg finishing its' a bit hot and cold. He'll either score 5 or none.
The jury's out. If Ole can help him with the finishing bit, he'll certainly become a very good striker, all the other attributes are there.
That's a tad negative for this thread. He'll score 4 a match, he's a god I tell you, a GOD!

gulli_G

one of the best moves fergie made was making Ole a coach, he is very intelligent and will make future top 4 coach in any league if he continues to progress

Status
Not open for further replies.