Mame Biram Diouf | 2009/10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eirik Raude

Well, finishing was awful, and that header... :lol:

Still, he managed to get to more chances in 30 minutes than Berbatov did in the entire game. And I'm not slating Berbatov for that, because I really think playing him up front alone against one of the most defensively oriented teams in the league was wrong.

Diouf didn't have a very good game, but some of the reactions on here are just as spastic as that header he missed today.

datura

explain? to me he seems a great physical specimen who is very raw in his technique and general play outside the box.

Once he gets to grip with the basics of centre-forward play and improves his technique, he'll come good.. if he does that is.
You said 'he needs to be taught how to play football'. That is pretty stupid, even by CAF standards.

His movement and positioning is very good - that's a fair proportion of the basics of forward play and his record at Molde and so far for the reserves shows he is a goalscorer. It wasn't a great cameo but some of the comments on here are the usual over the top reactionary nonsense you come to expect.

Legend16

diouf looks very raw but he has pace to burn. we will see more of him I'm sure with owen gone and he will benefit from more football. looked nervy today with his chances

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Personally i thought he was the difference between us winning and losing today.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
[/B]

wolves worked their socks off today and that pitch did not help our cause. they fought for every ball and made it very difficult. just the sort of game against the lower teams you get away from home at this stage of the season. At OT sure it should be an easy one for us. but not at their place when theyre running out of games.
Everyone works his socks off against United because nearly all teams hate us. If we were playing at home then that would have been an easier game. Stating that if I was a player I would rather play against Wolves away then Aston Villa home (lets forget for a moment Barca/Liverpool/Chelsea etc).

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
So you think that he did ok despite him hardly having one shot on goal? My point is in context with Diouf. Diouf was shite but he wasn't the only one. Berba was as effective as he was.
Actually, Berbatov played well, but that might go unnoticed because everyone expects him to score, which after all, is what he was bought for.

Sometimes I think he'd be better in midfield because he seems to like it there. I don't think it works with him as a lone striker.

Enigma_87

You know who
So you think that he did ok despite him hardly having one shot on goal? My point is in context with Diouf. Diouf was shite but he wasn't the only one. Berba was as effective as he was.
Everyone was shit today, Berbatov and Scholes were the only 2 that tried to make things happen in attack. Berbatov had several well taken passes , held the ball well and showed maturity in the end when everybody was spraying shit passes.

Not saying Berbatov was great today, far from it, but the whole performance, was...meh.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The headed miss was a bad miss. The second he scuffed it and the third he just didn't react. These things happen. It helps berbatov had a body up with him and it might be Diouf on wednesday.

He had bad days at the office even at his previous side, you just have to accept it

Brophs

The One and Only
He's desperate to make an impression, which is why I think his first touch and general composure looks so poor.

But if it's actually that poor then he doesn't have a hope with us, good finisher or not.

Legend16

Everyone works his socks off against United because nearly all teams hate us. If we were playing at home then that would have been an easier game. Stating that if I was a player I would rather play against Wolves away then Aston Villa home (lets forget for a moment Barca/Liverpool/Chelsea etc).
judge todays game on what it was. Wolves were well up for it and fought for their lives. saying it is an easy tie in their position at this stage of the season is just wrong

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He was Shit with a capital "S" when he came on today the lad :lol:

He doesn't move like a footballer. Plenty of time yet though.

championo

Top Stalker
Yes, he missed two great chances, but I think I can see the whys. I only worry about players who just miss for missing sake. There is hope for Diouf. Like Ronaldo before he became a scoring machine, you could tell the goals were there, the number of times he used to hit the bar or post, you could tell that one day they will start going in. He needs time and his introduction should be done right.
The pressure got to him today.

devilish

Actually, Berbatov played well, but that might go unnoticed because everyone expects him to score, which after all, is what he was bought for.

Sometimes I think he'd be better in midfield because he seems to like it there. I don't think it works with him as a lone striker.
I had praised his work when going deep. Stating that, today he was expected to lead the line something that he failed in doing more then Diouf did. At least the youngster got into the right positions.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

TBF lone striker tonight would not have worked for Rooney either. With our entire central midfield playing like Championship fodder. I felt sorry for the front 3 today.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Every young and new player will have their fair share of bad days en route to fulfilling their potential. Simple as that.
The sooner people accept that, the better off they will be. Every young prospect is not the next boy wonder. They need time and patience along with their training.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
might have been mentioned but he is still very raw. has enthuiasm(sp sorry) and pace but his first touch gets him into more trouble often then nowt. If he just improved that bit of control I think he would make a huge step forward.

it seems like its there to be perfected, however I wouldnt count on much during a cucial run in.

devilish

judge todays game on what it was. Wolves were well up for it and fought for their lives. saying it is an easy tie in their position at this stage of the season is just wrong
every one fight for their live against us. We are Manchester United.

Gambit

He was just making you all anxious before his star pefromance against Milan.

Everyone was shit today, Berbatov and Scholes were the only 2 that tried to make things happen in attack. Berbatov had several well taken passes , held the ball well and showed maturity in the end when everybody was spraying shit passes.

Not saying Berbatov was great today, far from it, but the whole performance, was...meh.
Exaxtcly. We were so poor today as a unit. Especially in midfield. If Rooney had been in the side he'd have been spititng fire with the shit passing that was going on in midfield.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu

expectations are very high, however I have to agree, the lone striker role is not his cup of tea. he got better once diouf was leading the line it seemed.

Scholesy

Just because hes young and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world, under a fantastic manager, doesn't mean if we give him time, he will become good.

You need talent.

MUFCgal

I think some people are being very harsh. He's shown he's a step above reserve level, but he's still finding his feet in the first team so it's a tricky one this. IMO, he needs time on the pitch more for the first team. There's no point putting him in the reserves where he excels, he needs to get more minutes with the first team, settle the nerves, get more confidence and then we'll see where he's at.

devilish

expectations are very high, however I have to agree, the lone striker role is not his cup of tea. he got better once diouf was leading the line it seemed.
Spot on. He can't lead the line. I've been saying it all along. Berba is not in the condition to be Rooney's cover.

I think some people are being very harsh. He's shown he's a step above reserve level, but he's still finding his feet in the first team so it's a tricky one this. IMO, he needs time on the pitch more for the first team. There's no point putting him in the reserves where he excels, he needs to get more minutes with the first team, settle the nerves, get more confidence and then we'll see where he's at.
Indeed. & he can't be expected to play well with his lack of experience in a United side playing so poorly.

Dyslexic Untied

As we knew from before he needs to work on his finishing, but that can be achieved.

He showed great awareness to be able to get to three big fat chances in his short cameo is a good sign I thought.

Gambit

Incredible, he's been banging them in for the reserves, but apparently has no talent. He came on today and stretched the wolves defence into making mistakes and burning past his marker, but apparently has no talent.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just because hes young and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world, under a fantastic manager, doesn't mean if we give him time, he will become good.

You need talent.
Talent isn't something he's lacking. He needs a bit more time. Once he knocks in a few, he'll be unstoppable.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Rooney is apparently extremely doubtful for Milan, so I would hope Fergie won't play Berbatov alone up front because he generally plays too deep and can't seem to break that habit.

devilish

Rooney is apparently extremely doubtful for Milan, so I would hope Fergie won't play Berbatov alone up front because he generally plays too deep and can't seem to break that habit.
Who should play upfront then livvie?

Status
Not open for further replies.