Man City 2020/21 - General discussion

Hulksmash

Kane with Pep will be scary. The amount of chances they create , he is gonna score slot of goals

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Kane with Pep will be scary. The amount of chances they create , he is gonna score slot of goals
He’s just a perfect signing for Pep, can play as pure no 9 or false 9, a good passer, and clinical. Man city is the best this season in term of xG way above us, Liverpool, & Chelsea, the additional Kane would convert those xG into more goals. They might end up winning proper treble if they sign him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Also did anybody else die a slow death inside when Martin Tyler tried to recreate the Agueroooo moment?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Changed their sponsor to gold. Such desperation.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Another money-doped fraudulent trophy for Man Cheaty. United came second, handicapped by GlazerScum. Good achievement by OGS and his staff and squad. Big respect to Mata today.

Frank Sinatra Fan

The script in all UCL finals played by Guardiola as a manager so far goes like this:

- The opposition presses high Guardiola's team and dominates the first 10 minutes, Guardiola's team struggling to create any attack play.

- Guardiola's team settles and proceeds to control and dominate the game for the remaining 80 minutes.

Do you guys think that the City vs. Chelsea final might repeat this pattern?

In 2009, United was all over Barcelona in the first 10 minutes, Barcelona was hoofing the ball and couldn't get past their own defensive third. Guardiola commented that he didn't expect United to start the game with such an aggressive and high press, Barcelona was caught off-guard. In the first time that Barcelona was able to create a good play, after 10 minutes, they scored and then proceeded to completely control the game from then on and eventually score the second goal, winning 2-0. Though it wasn't a match of Barcelona really creating many chances and steamrolling United. Guardiola said that while the team was good enough to win and be superior, he wasn't satisfied because he knew they could play far better.

2011 was another story. United hurried Barcelona in the first 10 minutes. After that, though, Barcelona settled and then truly bombarded and steamrolled United, specially in the first 25 minutes of the second half. Masterclass, Guardiola now said that his team finally had the UCL final performance of the level he wanted. An apotheosis.

Frank Sinatra Fan

If I was Pep, I would simply send my usual best team and say "play as we always do". A final is a moment in which is best to show full confidence in your best formation and starting XI. Guardiola never had any surprises in previous UCL finals. In a final, you simply play your best team. That's my philosophy for any final. You don't try weird and unusual line-ups in finals, that shows lack of confidence in how good your team is.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Q: "Is there a dynasty being set up here?"

City chairman: "Absolutely".

Jaxa

City to splash more cash this summer,

What’s new there ?
Yes I’m extremely fecking jelly

Hester_manc

Manchester City has a super good team. I just have a hard time understanding that there are so many players who do not care where their money originally comes from.

Crustanoid

SER19

Because Sheikh Issa is nothing to do with Man City and St. Nich there wrote that article as clickbait to find his book...
It's more a statement about the country where the money comes from though really. He put a cattle prod up a man's anus, set fire to his testicles and his brother and half brother (who are very much part of man city) and those who hold power in that corrupt, cesspit of a state, didn't really care. But for a place where you can still be stoned for being homosexual why should they

rotherham_red

Q: "Is there a dynasty being set up here?"

City chairman: "Absolutely".

I think for clubs like City, there comes a saturation point and the laws of diminishing returns kick in. No matter who or how many they sign, there will still only ever be 11 players on the pitch for them at any one time and footballers at their heart, want to play above all else.

Chelsea experienced it in 2006 when they added SWP to Robben and Duff (I know in hindsight it reads as being very silly, but at the time SWP was one of the brightest talents in the league who wasn't at a big club) or when they added Shevchenko to Drogba etc. Adding more icing sugar to the cake doesn't necessarily make it more tasty.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Apperently a lot of there players are being linked away. Jesus, Laporte and Sterling. Mendy they're trying to get off the books unlikely with his injuries. Gundo apperently had talks with Barcelona, Atletico offered a Saul and Berando Silva swap deal. Even Rodri has been linked all though I doubt this one happens. Fernadinho is being consider by Barca as Wijnaldum replacement, thought he signed a year deal? Maybe not.