Man City 2020/21 - General discussion

hubbuh

They have the following before they play those fixtures:

West Brom
SU
Burnley

9 points and they could be 4/5 clear on top before they get to the difficult ones.
We shouldn't be dropping points to SU, Arsenal, and Southampton either really.

romufc

We shouldn't be dropping points to SU, Arsenal, and Southampton either really.
We haven't beaten Arsenal in the league in a while now.

I do get where you are coming from, if we are top by end of Jan, we have a real chance considering the fixtures.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
title race doesn't start till March, everyone knows that, no point in trying to predict where points will be dropped until last 7 or 8 games.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That's now 8 separate injuries since August 2018, while he had none before January 2016. Can't seem to stay healthy for a full season anymore.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This may have a huge bearing on the title race. City won't start losing but they may draw more games than they otherwise would.
Yeah, this and Aguero testing positive for Covid and Jesus just not being good enough as the main striker for them they might be in trouble.

GMoore23

The De Bruyne injury could be huge with the tough run of fixtures they're facing February through March. Everything is falling into place nicely for us for the first time in years. We must capitalize on it.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Their next difficult game is the 7th February. He will no doubt be back for that game.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
City have other good players most of whom are in good form who can mostly fill the gap Kev leaves.
If one or more of those players were to pick up a significant injury however that would be an issue.
His all action style makes it likely that he will pick up injuries especially as he likes to play every game and doesn’t like to be rotated out of the side.
The twice weekly schedule is bound to take a toll on players and injuries are inevitable. United, for example, have mostly managed to avoid serious problems so far but with EL around the corner can they continue to do so?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Not good. City have looked far from as convincing as I would have hoped in the last two games. Relied 100% on ref decisions that would have gone against any other team (the offside tackle against Villa and that offside goal from Jesus tonight). Without KdB and the City luck, which is a finite resource for every team - just ask us Pool fans, Utd might be more interested now.

I'm certainly more nervous. :(

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
City have other good players most of whom are in good form who can mostly fill the gap Kev leaves.
If one or more of those players were to pick up a significant injury however that would be an issue.
His all action style makes it likely that he will pick up injuries especially as he likes to play every game and doesn’t like to be rotated out of the side.
The twice weekly schedule is bound to take a toll on players and injuries are inevitable. United, for example, have mostly managed to avoid serious problems so far but with EL around the corner can they continue to do so?
Other players like Sterling, Gundogan and etc I would say they can fill the gap. But not KDB. KDB to them now is like Bruno Fernandes to us. They used to have David Silva to fill in the gap but he’s no longer in the team anymore. Although, I’m not putting my hope too much on the likes of west Brom, Sheffield United or even Burnley who always got smashed by Pep to take points against city.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Other players like Sterling, Gundogan and etc I would say they can fill the gap. But not KDB. KDB to them now is like Bruno Fernandes to us. They used to have David Silva to fill in the gap but he’s no longer in the team anymore. Although, I’m not putting my hope too much on the likes of west Brom, Sheffield United or even Burnley who always got smashed by Pep to take points against city.
Gundogan, Bernardo and especially Foden are all in fine form and can play Kev’s role pretty well. Not quite as good admittedly but well enough not to cost us too many games. If one or more of them were to get injured however that would be a big worry.
I suppose a silver lining to the injury may be at least KDB gets a break after having played almost constantly for about 2 years bar the last lockdown.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Thank god he's not there anymore.

Snuffkin

They are all about the Champions league this season. If it is cancelled due to covid it will be funny. Pep will walk.

KwokSF

Didn't kdb get injured for most of the season when they won their 2nd title under pep? That time bernando Silva filled in and played like a top10 player in the world, should have been their poty. It depends if he can do the same for 6 weeks. Back then they had D Silva but now it's an emerging foden.

Dr. StrangeHate

What are the chances of these lot getting Messi this summer?

When is Pep contact going to finish?

eire-red

I agree, for anyone else. Man City usually thump Burnley home and away.
Yeah Burnley can't deal with them at all, even Dyche came out after the 5-0 thumping and said they hadn't cracked the code against City.

The rigid 442 probably doesn't help, City love to overload the midfield.

Dr. StrangeHate

I’d rather they get Messi for the last couple of years of his career, than Haaland or Mbappe for a decade.
Getting Messi would mean more for their image. All the kids and grown-ups in my family want to see Messi live. There is a good chance I would go to some of their games even though I am a United fan.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I feel like he's not talked about much but Gundogan has really been a very solid signing for City. Thought he was closer to 32/33 than 30.