Man tries to aggravate United at train station and moved on by Police

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I would have lost my shit if the United team strolled onto the platform I was standing on.

I'd probably panic, forget how to work my phone and end up with a shitty blurred photo of me and Lee Grant after it turned out that whilst I thought my selfies with Pogba, Lukaku and de Gea were amazing, I was simply pressing the home button consistently and turning on Siri.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
To be fair he is on a platform in public every right to film them
He doesn't actually, the platform is private property owned by network rail, legally in the UK you can film people in a public place like a street, but you can't film on private property without owner's permission. That's why they're able to say it's suddenly a private platform, because network rail own it.

Reactions: 711

AndyJ1985

Football bringing out the best in people again. It warms the heart.

He doesn't actually, the platform is private property owned by network rail, legally in the UK you can film people in a public place like a street, but you can't film on private property without owner's permission. That's why they're able to say it's suddenly a private platform, because network rail own it.
It wasn't network rail saying it though, just some club rent a cops making it up to get rid of him.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Guys a wanker and being a wanker, but what the feck is a 'private bit of a platform'?
Yeah that was a silly thing to say. You know arseholes like that filming stuff are looking to pounce on pompous officialdom and technicalities that make them look in the right. You just need to say 'we'd prefer it if you didn't film the players, they're minding their own business after a hard game' then the twat either stops filming or has to admit he's on a wind up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah that was a silly thing to say. You know arseholes like that filming stuff are looking to pounce on pompous officialdom and technicalities that make them look in the right. You just need to say 'we'd prefer it if you didn't film the players, they're minding their own business after a hard game' then the twat either stops filming or has to admit he's on a wind up.
They'd be better off actually paying to have part of the platform sectioned off and a security guard. I'm sure it can't be that difficult for United to arrange. They might not even need to pay.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
They'd be better off actually paying to have part of the platform sectioned off and a security guard. I'm sure it can't be that difficult for United to arrange. They might not even need to pay.
That's probably a good idea. But short of that playing a straight bat is always better than making up such obvious bullshit, it's music to the ears of a prick with a phone who can make it look like United were being heavy-handed. Getting him to admit he's wumming defuses any angle of big bad United harassing the honest man on the street.

TheReligion

Abusive
Even if he was legally in the right, it doesn't make it right. I'm sure there's something that covers being a twat to people anyway, @TheReligion?
Legally there's nothing to stop you filming no. However what I would say is he is being disorderly and his behaviour could be considered to be causing alarm and harassment (Section 5 Public Order Act).

If he wasn't swearing though and acting up then you'd likely struggle as the act of filming alone is perfectly legal to an extent.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People wonder why footballers are so distant to the general public, well this is probably why.

Can't believe how much of a big deal he thinks it is, oh no a football team getting the train :lol:

Going from London to Manchester is 10x easier by train than getting a flight or a coach.

Camilo

To be fair, he's well within his rights acting a twat - nothing wrong with that. Likewise, the folk telling him to leave are well within their rights to stand in front of him and waste his time.

It's all good. People are arseholes these days, it's the society we've all helped to create. Enjoy it.

Raw

People wonder why footballers are so distant to the general public, well this is probably why.
Football fans: "Footballers have lost touch with the fans"
Also football fans: "Haha why are you taking public transport like a commoner!?"

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Can't believe how much of a big deal he thinks it is, oh no a football team getting the train :lol:

Going from London to Manchester is 10x easier by train than getting a flight or a coach.
Indeed. I'm not saying it was the worst grilling ever but footballers are told to avoid the risk of saying or doing the wrong thing in public, so a bloke with his phone out being a bit of a cock isn't going to encourage players to show their human side in future.

Adam-Utd

Football fans: "Footballers have lost touch with the fans"
Also football fans: "Haha why are you taking public transport like a commoner!?"
He's literally condescending himself in the video " you're no different than the rest of us" and then follows up by "why's united getting the train are you that skint"

absolute moron :lol: bet he feels like billy big bollocks after that.

diarm

The two policemen should've cuffed him and put him in the back of their car the second he kicked off and started swearing at them.

Make him look like a big girls blouse and let him miss his train and find his own way home.

Having a joke or a laugh with the players is one thing but the total lack of respect he had for the lady who approached him first, the official who came up second and then the two policemen was pathetic.

Grade A prat.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Are the two are the end cops or stewards? If people here in India use abusive language with cops, they'd make likely get beaten black and blue.

Adam-Utd

Are the two are the end cops or stewards? If people here in India use abusive language with cops, they'd make likely get beaten black and blue.
That's why we get idiots like this, they like to take the piss and know they won't get in trouble.

Dances_with_badgers

Not condoning the guys behaviour, he's clearly a knob, but some of the personnel that surround the players are the worst jobsworths you could ever encounter. Unfortunately this guys encourages such behaviour.