Man tries to aggravate United at train station and moved on by Police

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The club should hire some professional wums or knobheads like this guy to counter strike said knobheads. Imagine a normal looking bloke working for the club getting his phone out and filming guys like in the video, basically doing the same to them.

It might put them off or make them realise how annoying it is.
Yep.
The guy saying they weren't anyone more special than him was bizarre.

If they weren't, he wouldn't be doing what he was doing.
For one thing, he'd probably have got a smack if he kept harassing normal blokes like that

Moriarty

I don't really like the Transport Police. Far too cosy with the railway companies. Like this story the other day, when they should have been arresting the Arriva staff for theft...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rs-lost-wallet-property-charges-a8536946.html
Bring back BR. I know they were the butt of many a joke but they'd sell you a cheap ticket, you'd get a seat. arrive on time (well, maybe), and the carriages were generally clean. Since de-nationalization, the railways have gone to hell with an incomprehensible pricing structure and con-jobs like the one you've described.

stevoc

I'm afraid it's pretty well established in law that you can't film on private property without permission, although there are exceptions.
The majority of rail companies as far as i'm aware allow you to take photos or film, of course they do they are filming you after all through CCTV. If you are bringing in professional filming equipment or acting shifty in some manner no doubt they will want to know what you're up to. @WensleyMU post above say as much. But someone using their phone to make a short video they don't care and they will not stop you.

minoo-utd

Pogba hahaha you got to love this guy he is always enjoying him self.

If I was with Man.Utd team at bus station my God I would go crazy tbf. But I would go and ask politely about taking selfies with them.

0le

The majority of rail companies as far as i'm aware allow you to take photos or film, of course they do they are filming you after all through CCTV. If you are bringing in professional filming equipment or acting shifty in some manner no doubt they will want to know what you're up to. @WensleyMU post above say as much. But someone using their phone to make a short video they don't care and they will not stop you.
Its only an issue with flash photography, if I recollect correctly.

Whilst the man did not realize his actions were annoying the players, I don't think the lady who first approached him understood how to defuse the situation either.

stevoc

Its only an issue with flash photography, if I recollect correctly.

Whilst the man did not realize his actions were annoying the players, I don't think the lady who first approached him understood how to defuse the situation either.
She didn't but no matter what she had said the guy seemed determined to make a scene and annoy people.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised they weren't all in the first class lounge or one of the waiting rooms at Watford station.

It's certainly a problem if teams are lingering on public platforms as obviously 1 out of 20 people waiting won't show respect. Similar to when Wenger got all that stick at Stoke station a few seasons back.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
But they can if they want. Hence permission

stevoc

But they can if they want. Hence permission
Yeah if you are filming for financial gain or for the purposes or potential illegal activities they will ask you what you are doing. But you don’t need permission to take photos or film with your phone. The info posted previously states as much.

glazed

Yeah if you are filming for financial gain or for the purposes or potential illegal activities they will ask you what you are doing. But you don’t need permission to take photos or film with your phone. The info posted previously states as much.
Indeed. They are, in effect, granting permission.

glazed

Sorry it doesn't meet the definition.

1) The property wasn't dishonesty appropriated by the railway.

2) They have no intention to permanently deprive the owner.

I don't agree with their policy in the slightest but it's a civil dispute and certainly not something the police should waste their time with.
You're talking about conventional theft, not theft by finding.

Ether

Why are they taking a public train anyways, can't they get a more relaxing trip back after a game in a private coach?
Clubs definitely hire a private train for journeys like this. Makes sense, Watford Junction is close to the Grove Hotel which is where clubs usually stay when they play there. It's much more convenient taking the train than getting a flight to Luton or Stansted and then having that extra coach journey back to the airport for the return flight.

I'm sure if United flew to Watford the Daily Mail would have an issue with that too, just like their faux outrage over the Arsenal players taking a 15 minute flight to Norwich a few years back.

stevoc

Indeed. They are, in effect, granting permission.
Perhaps or perhaps they are in effect turning a blind eye to people not asking for permission to film on their phone. It’s semantics mate either way you don’t need permission for minor filming/photography.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Clubs definitely hire a private train for journeys like this. Makes sense, Watford Junction is close to the Grove Hotel which is where clubs usually stay when they play there. It's much more convenient taking the train than getting a flight to Luton or Stansted and then having that extra coach journey back to the airport for the return flight.

I'm sure if United flew to Watford the Daily Mail would have an issue with that too, just like their faux outrage over the Arsenal players taking a 15 minute flight to Norwich a few years back.
They quite often don't hire a private train. The logistics of it can be quite difficult. What they more often will do is try and book out an entire carriage.

Kent Devil

Unfortunately you will always will get people like that. More surprised that he does not get that it is smart getting the train back to manchester. I know I would not like possibly arriving back home in the early hours of the morning.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Quite a few Caftards already spotted Jose waiting on a train station to London, multiple times so it's surely nothing unusual. Some guy wanted to be famous and he actualy is, even if it's not for total lack of knowledge about means of travel.

Luckily for him footballers these days are very tolerant when it comes to random encounters like this one. Cantona, Bowyer, Keane, Barton and few others would give him unpleasant stuff in return... and that's politely said.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Needham

Slightly longer version that shows fellaini turning clearly already pissed at this guy who seems to start to say something back to him before talking to lukaku. The fact fellaini swats at the camera seconds later is a good indication this muppet has wound him up already. I can’t stand where I like is one thing. Interfering with other people’s right to stand where they like and to feel unthreatened doing so is another. So this clown decides to chance her arm and say it’s a private area. Let’s all jump up and down in outrage. For all we know it’s worked for her before when dealing with trash like this.

Keep up the good fight all , this muppets rights to piss people off just because they’re famous are well protected
Fellaini looks like he's about to turn round and vogue.

JK-27

Guy's a twat, probably wanted to show it to his mates how cool he was telling the Utd players were to go. The bizarre thing is why does he think they shouldn't be taking the train? As he said, the Utd players are no better than him, so why expect them to not use a train? Dozy cnut.

Jagga7

:lol: "Don't touch me, trust me" Typical Londoner. It's pathetic all round, the guy is just clearly astonished that Man Utd are taking a train back to Manchester but the reaction from the women and Fellani is pathetic. Telling him it's a private platform, I can understand why he got a bit angry.

Lukaku gets it, he just smiles and walks off.

buchansleftleg

Londoners often fail to grasp that the train back to Manchester is quicker than driving and relatively reliable.

It's understandable though because for years on Eastenders every character that came up to Manchester for some reason went by the M1.

TheReligion

Abusive
You're talking about conventional theft, not theft by finding.
As I said, it's not an offence. There's no dishonesty in the acquisition of the lost property by the train company nor is it reasonable (or possible) for them to try and trace multiple owners of large quantities of property in other to attempt to return each item.

The issue is with their storage/postage fees. It's not a criminal offence and it's certainly not theft by finding.

Kostur

海尔的老板
:lol: "Don't touch me, trust me" Typical Londoner. It's pathetic all round, the guy is just clearly astonished that Man Utd are taking a train back to Manchester but the reaction from the women and Fellani is pathetic. Telling him it's a private platform, I can understand why he got a bit angry.

Lukaku gets it, he just smiles and walks off.
Elaborate please because it sounds so fecking stupid I still cannot comprehend it. So shunning somebody away who's getting into your face like a fecking roach filming you is now 'pathetic'? Or are you one of those who just has a go at Fellaini whenever possible?

glazed

As I said, it's not an offence. There's no dishonesty in the acquisition of the lost property by the train company nor is it reasonable (or possible) for them to try and trace multiple owners of large quantities of property in other to attempt to return each item.

The issue is with their storage/postage fees. It's not a criminal offence and it's certainly not theft by finding.
Let's agree to disagree :angel:

glazed

Exactly, isn’t it a case of if you have a recognisable person in an image or video you have to get them to sign a release form for you to broadcast it online?
No, there's no such law in the UK as far as over 16s are concerned. There might be in certain other jurisdictions though, and many TV companies do use release forms in the UK as a precaution - especially documentary makers.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't know why people are even talking about the law anyway. The guy was in the wrong regardless and being antagonising and threatening so was quite rightly moved on. Woman and bloke were just trying to get rid of him as quick as possible, not realising he's one of those thundcnuts that will make it worse.