Man United Preseason Tour Announced - USA 2011

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
ManUtd.com

Manchester United will return to the USA in July for this summer's pre-season tour. The Reds will play three games against MLS opposition – in Boston, Seattle and Chicago – then take on the MLS All-Stars in New Jersey before ending the tour in Washington DC against Spanish giants Barcelona.

Sir Alex's men kick-off the tour on 13 July against New England Revolution at the Gillette Stadium in Boston. Seven days later United face Seattle Sounders FC at Qwest Field and then head to Chicago to meet Chicago Fire at Soldier Field on 23 July.

Next stop is New Jersey, where United will become the first side to play the MLS All-Stars team in successive years. Last July the Reds ran out 5-2 winners in Houston and Sir Alex has said he hopes for a similar result this summer when his side walk out at Red Bull Arena on 27 July.

The tour finishes on 30 July with a mouth-watering clash against Barcelona at the 91,000-capacity FedExField in Washington DC.

The matches against the Revolution, the Fire and Barcelona will form part of the World Football Challenge.

Sir Alex is relishing a return to the States. He says: “Tours are a fantastic chance for the players to get away as a unit, to put in some good training sessions and to meet some of our fans around the world who don’t have a chance to watch us play live every week.

"Our visits to the US are always enjoyable ones. The training facilities are excellent and we certainly found last year that, with the improving quality of the MLS teams, the games are very competitive, which is great preparation for a new season. To finish off with a match against Barcelona will be a special moment for all our fans in the States.”
Sounds like it should be a fun, and purposfull preseason. Looking forward to it, hopefully there will be debuts for De Gea and Sneijder, amongst others. :D

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
They're training at the Nike campus in Portland before the Seattle game again.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Line up for Barcelona:

Lindegaard
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Fletcher Scholes Carrick
Valencia Rooney Nani

We need to have a go at them.

So excited.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Line up for Barcelona

-------------De Gea-------------
Rafael----Smalling---Vidic---Evra
------------Rodwell------------
--Modric------------Sneijder---
Valencia----------------Nani
------------Hernandez-------

:drool:

applemacdan

Would be good if we conducted all our (if any), transfer activity before this tour. Leaving it to deadline day like Berbatov, seriously hinders any impact new signings can make at the start of the season.

mufcwarm92

The tie against Barca sounds like a cracker. We should have another game against Chivas too, to please the sombrero hordes with Chicharito.

forevrared

It'd be nice if United ever went anywhere different when they came over. I think every single US tour they've played in the same 5 or 6 cities over and over.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
feck no Toronto date.

I would love to drive down to Chicago or Bwoston.

I've never seen United live in person anywhere.

I just want to see Scholes and Giggs on the pitch before they retire. I don't care if it's those 2 legends and the reserves, it would be worth it.

How much are tickets for these things? Are they hard to get?

RedDevilCanuck

The amount of travelling that United and other big teams do is absolutely ridiculous. No wonder there are so many injuries.

Aaron

Again, no match in Florida. You'd have thought given that the owners have their own stadium there that they presumably wouldn't charge themselves to use that it would have made sense to squeeze in a game down there.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
It'd be nice if United ever went anywhere different when they came over. I think every single US tour they've played in the same 5 or 6 cities over and over.
Eh? Last year United played in Toronto, Philly, Kansas and Houston.

phelans shorts

Again, no match in Florida. You'd have thought given that the owners have their own stadium there that they presumably wouldn't charge themselves to use that it would have made sense to squeeze in a game down there.
Wont that be halfway through the NFL season?

Seems a bit weird that they would consider holding a football match halfway through the season, they can use the already huge other stadiums that sponsors pay for anyway.

GingerPrince11

feck no Toronto date.

I would love to drive down to Chicago or Bwoston.

I've never seen United live in person anywhere.

I just want to see Scholes and Giggs on the pitch before they retire. I don't care if it's those 2 legends and the reserves, it would be worth it.

How much are tickets for these things? Are they hard to get?
Yeah, I know it sucks.

I am thinking about going to the Washington Game by bus, pretty much every city is 9-10 hours away from Toronto, tickets would be easier and possibly cheaper at Fedex Field, and its against Barca.

VoetbalWizard

Line up for Barcelona

-------------De Gea-------------
Rafael----Smalling---Vidic---Evra
------------Rodwell------------
--Modric------------Sneijder---
Valencia----------------Nani
------------Hernandez-------

:drool:
Line up for Barcelona:

Lindegaard
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Fletcher Scholes Carrick
Valencia Rooney Nani

We need to have a go at them.

So excited.
copa america lads this summer, valencia shall not be there. Rafael might get called up and play some as well. Hernandez might not make it due to concacaf gold cup duty.

RedDevilCanuck

Yeah, I know it sucks.

I am thinking about going to the Washington Game by bus, pretty much every city is 9-10 hours away from Toronto, tickets would be easier and possibly cheaper at Fedex Field, and its against Barca.
What a fantastic road trip that would be.

Commadus

When are DC tickets on sale?

I wasn't planning my annual pilgrimmage to the US this early!

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Same fecking cities every time.

So why another USA tour? Not that I'm complaining. :)

Eh? Last year United played in Toronto, Philly, Kansas and Houston.
They will have now played in Seattle twice, New Jersey three times, DC twice, Boston twice, Philly twice, and Chicago twice.

Meanwhile, fans in cities like Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Atlanta, get fecked over evey year. If they're gonna play in the US every 3-5 summers, at least spread it out.

RedDevilCanuck

No love for Quebec.

I hate how big events shun all of Canada except for Toronto or Vancouver.

Little does everyone know that the Youth World Cup in Canada was the most attended Youth World Cup ever. The Edmonton games did extremely well.

Damn this giant, spread out, beautiful country.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu

They will have now played in Seattle twice, New Jersey three times, DC twice, Boston twice, Philly twice, and Chicago twice.

Meanwhile, fans in cities like Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Atlanta, get fecked over evey year. If they're gonna play in the US every 3-5 summers, at least spread it out.
I feel for Miami, great city, the rest is just meh so I think United did the right thing. Could never see them in Atlanta :D

just kidding mate!

Commadus

Catch a flight?

redevil2

The amount of travelling that United and other big teams do is absolutely ridiculous. No wonder there are so many injuries.
Pre season tour always involve travelling and indeed touring the US with some top notch facilities allowing the team to take in good training and being taken good care of, are way better than going to Asia.

redevil2

No love for Quebec.

I hate how big events shun all of Canada except for Toronto or Vancouver.

Little does everyone know that the Youth World Cup in Canada was the most attended Youth World Cup ever. The Edmonton games did extremely well.

Damn this giant, spread out, beautiful country.
Why would Youth World Cup attendance in Canada have any bearing in decision where United should play? People complaining about United not going to their cities are lazy people who don't bother to check some flight and accommodation and make themselves available to attend a game to support a team they love.

I believe Canada can be a beautiful country with lots of trees, mountains and fresh airs, but to be playing in no facilities and fewer supporters showing up at games will make no sense at all. What team will you put out to play United if they do go to Edmonton for example, and who those tickets will go to??

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The club were going to book into the Four Seasons in Seattle but they couldn't get a big enough discount apparently.

Alex

What's United's fecking problem? Why dont they ever play in LA, it's like they have some sort of aversion to nice weather

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Around 30k tickets are already gone for the Seattle game to season ticket holders. Not sure if they can buy extras.

Excal

Let's set up a form letter for this.

Attn: RedCafe

I wish to register a complaint that while Manchester United has chosen to play certain preseason matches in my very large country, they have not chosen to play in <city near me>. If they did play in <city near me>, I would <certainly attend,/probably attend,/not attend. LUHG!> which should be a factor in their decision despite the fact that United's revenue is not immediately altered by ticket sales. Also, <city near me> has <many football fans/nice weather/a relatively low chance of British tourists being shot,> which clearly distinguishes it from <city not near me that United are going to>. If this doesn't change next year, I will <complain again on the caf/complain again on the caf/complain again on the caf>!