Man United want Alexis Sanchez back from Inter loan - says random report in January

Coops73

It’s the gift that keeps on giving. What the actual feck is our club up to?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What an embarrassing quote

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
If inter don't want him and no other club is willing to buy, then what are our options other than to get him back.

Perhaps China or USA would come calling during the summer. Let's hope for the best.
China has changed their rules to make it so investment in foreigners isn't a wanted strategy.
The US wouldn't take him on his wages.

So there are no options.

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
The worst ever signing in the entire history of Manchester United. He would struggle now in league 1

joedirt87

I don't think we want him back, but he's coming back and he's impossible to sell at this point. We may as well try and integrate him into the squad and maybe he can get some form until his contract winds down.

R'hllor

Reminder: When we sent him out on loan, people atacked Ole for it because of no replacement but you know who defended Ole with rumours about Sanchez being disruptive influence in dressing room due his attitude and wages, i also wanted him gone regardless of replacement but dont spin shit now with noboby wants him, so Ole has no choice than to bring him back into dressing room fold, like his wages changed and attitude.

sp_107

What a waste of money. We cant sell him or get his full wages by sending him on loan. We have already paid 50M on his 2.5 year wages (12.5+25+12.5) so far and we still have to pay another 50M for his remaining 2 years contract.

I really hope either he will find his form just like Luke, SMT, Rashford under Ole or someone like PSG make a silly offer in this summer.

0le

What a waste of money. We cant sell him or get his full wages by sending him on loan. We have already paid 50M on his 2.5 year wages (12.5+25+12.5) so far and we still have to pay another 50M for his remaining 2 years contract.

I really hope either he will find his form just like Luke, SMT, Rashford under Ole or someone like PSG make a silly offer in this summer.
Strange to bump a thread just to say all that.

sp_107

Reminder: When we sent him out on loan, people atacked Ole for it because of no replacement but you know who defended Ole with rumours about Sanchez being disruptive influence in dressing room due his attitude and wages, i also wanted him gone regardless of replacement but dont spin shit now with noboby wants him, so Ole has no choice than to bring him back into dressing room fold, like his wages changed and attitude.

Looks like he was never a team player even when he was having time of his life at Arsenal. He behaved like a spoilt brat during his last months and I think it reflected on his behaviour when he was not our first choice player.

Not sure if it is worth it to bring in these kind of players and disturb our togetherness which is finally taking its shape after many years.

Pogba and Alexis have big egos and I think they will disrupt the dressing room if things wont go in their way.

yo@Kirk

As long as Sanchez is on the books, Ole can point to him and tell the Glazers that Ed Woodward should have no role in personnel decisions at Manchester United FC. Probably why he was laughing when he mentioned Sanchez's return. Ole's Man Utd teammate, Edwin van der Sar, is much more qualified to be the CEO of Man Utd than Ed Woodward will ever be.

Suvvernmanc

Seriously though, what the hell do we do with him if we cant get a buyer? He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. We have 2 or 3 players who can play left wing now with Rashford, Martial and James.

A loan deal for the remaining 2 seasons of his contract is the best outcome for us, even with us having to pay alot of his wages. Unbelievable how bad of a decision that was to get him.

Kappa123

Bring him back. He's shite but he could work with Bruno at least. Still better than Lingard, Pereira, James and all the other shite players we have

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Looks like he was never a team player even when he was having time of his life at Arsenal. He behaved like a spoilt brat during his last months and I think it reflected on his behaviour when he was not our first choice player.

Not sure if it is worth it to bring in these kind of players and disturb our togetherness which is finally taking its shape after many years.

Pogba and Alexis have big egos and I think they will disrupt the dressing room if things wont go in their way.
Alexis probably, but basically every single person who has ever spent time with Pogba has said he's fantastic in the dressing room and at keeping morale up. Mourinho is the one exception, and with his track record over the last decade he's probably the last person you want to listen to.

Bring him back. He's shite but he could work with Bruno at least. Still better than Lingard, Pereira, James and all the other shite players we have
Is he though? His performance in the 18 months he was here was worse than Lingard during that time and Pereira and James this season. Better than Lingard this season admittedly.

Smores

What position is he playing at Inter?

I'd say whether we bring him back should depend on our other business really. I'd rather not leave ourselves short in numbers again.

Bondi77

We will not be going after Sancho while we have this guy on our books.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Unless we get lucky and some Chinese club takes him off us then the only thing we can do is loan him out to get back some of the ridiculous wages we pay him. He can't be kept around as a backup option on such high wages, plus he's not done anything to deserve that chance regardless of the fact that we are lumbered with him.

Champagne Football

Such a typical Jose Mourinho signing. To think Jose was also desperate to spend hundreds of millions more on Peresic, Willian, Jerome Boateng, Nainggolan etc

Man Utd would be the new Leeds Utd now had we given in to his every demand.

Falcow

Another loan deal is best option. Either that or offer him say 50% of his remaining contract to terminate now, he may accept that on the basis he would be a free agent again and could perhaps negotiate a decent contract for himself elsewhere. He ain't going anywhere otherwise.

Fetshu

What ended up happening to Mikhi over there?
If I recall correctly, he was doing alright for the Gunners at start, but quickly deteriorated into the slump and inconsistent performances that we all love and miss him for.

SteveW

He won't play under Ole so forget that option.

Luke1995

Did he have a few good performances at Inter ? At least a glimpse of what he used to be ?

crossy1686

career ending
What if we swap him for Igalho and cash (cash from the Chinese team)
Not gonna happen. The Chinese government slapped a wage cap on Chinese teams to stop them importing foreign players. As it currently stands if a Chinese team want to sign a player from abroad (non-Chinese), they have to pay what ever the transfer fee was in tax, so 100% tax, and the wage cap is now £50k a week.

No way Sanchez would take that. We'd be better pitching him to the MLS on a free.

sp_107

Not gonna happen. The Chinese government slapped a wage cap on Chinese teams to stop them importing foreign players. As it currently stands if a Chinese team want to sign a player from abroad (non-Chinese), they have to pay what ever the transfer fee was in tax, so 100% tax, and the wage cap is now £50k a week.

No way Sanchez would take that. We'd be better pitching him to the MLS on a free.

I hope he got some pride not to be a part timer but to accept less salary somewhere else to play regular football.
That way we can save 50M on his next 2 year wages and dont have to worry if he can be a disruptive influence in dressing room.

lsd

The Oracle
Did he have a few good performances at Inter ? At least a glimpse of what he used to be ?

Don't think so . Everything iv seen if him he looked off the pace which considering it is a slower league is more than worrying

Luke1995

Don't think so . Everything iv seen if him he looked off the pace which considering it is a slower league is more than worrying
Between 2014 and 2017 he went four summers without rest. I suppose it takes a toll on the body.

KrasHammerhand

I would prefer him over Lingard or Pieriera. Different position but you never questioned his effort