Man United want Alexis Sanchez back from Inter loan - says random report in January

ghagua

I honestly think he would do a great job if he came back to United now. He had injury issues and then had to play under a manager who played shit on a stick football. I always remember him to be one of the hardest working guys on the pitch, hopefully, he still retains that hunger. I can imagine him making some good runs for Bruno to feed him the ball.

Rolaholic

Truly has to be the worst transfer in the clubs history, without hyperbole, all things considered

hubbuh

Make it stop for the love of god. Where does this end? Will he be willing to leave given what he’s on? Will anyone want him?

crossy1686

career ending

Truly has to be the worst transfer in the clubs history, without hyperbole, all things considered
Financially, it's the worst transfer ever, for sure. Performance wise, I'm sure we've had worse performers? Could be wrong though. Maybe Torres or Schevchenko were worse?

crossy1686

career ending
Make it stop for the love of god. Where does this end? Will he be willing to leave given what he’s on? Will anyone want him?
I think if there's a hint he'll cause unrest in the dressing room we'll just take the hit and terminate his contract and pay him out, he can do whatever he wants then. I'd happily sell Lingard to raise the funds to pay him out.

Raw

Genuinely the worst transfer we've ever made. Wonder how much we've spent in wages for this guy? And how much we're going to spend if he stays for the remainder of his contract?

Raw

Financially, it's the worst transfer ever, for sure. Performance wise, I'm sure we've had worse performers? Could be wrong though. Maybe Torres or Schevchenko were worse?
At least they've had their moments. Sanchez has had like 1 good game for us (City away).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think if there's a hint he'll cause unrest in the dressing room we'll just take the hit and terminate his contract and pay him out, he can do whatever he wants then. I'd happily sell Lingard to raise the funds to pay him out.
Sanchez is apparently a pretty popular dude in the dressing room. it's just on the pitch that he's lacking. Wouldnt it be nice if he somehow ressurected the Barca Sanchez next season to spite the critics.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sanchez is apparently a pretty popular dude in the dressing room. it's just on the pitch that he's lacking. Wouldnt it be nice if he somehow ressurected the Barca Sanchez next season to spite the critics.
Weren't all the stories about how isolated he was? With Lukaku the only one he'd speak with?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weren't all the stories about how isolated he was? With Lukaku the only one he'd speak with?
Nothing substantial if I recall. Since Ole came in he was praised for his attitude and work on the training ground if nothing else.

Nothing substantial if I recall. Since Ole came in he was praised for his attitude and work on the training ground if nothing else.
of course OGS is praising him - he doesn’t want to reduce any further the small chance we have of actually getting rid of him. Throwing him under the bus using going to get any suites interested in him. There’s no way he wants him back - it’s all spin.

Lentwood

Sanchez was a classic example of the propensity for modern football fans and pundits to trot out lazy, cliched excuses to defend players when it's obvious they are declining. For example, it was claimed that;

- Sanchez was being played out of position
- Sanchez had been carrying injuries
- Sanchez 'hadn't had a rest'
- Sanchez was 'not motivated' to play for Arsenal
- Sanchez was being 'mismanaged' by Wenger

One or two of those 'excuses' might be valid when relating to a small number of games but when a player turns in sub-par performances for half a season or more, it's probably time to consider that those performances ARE now their new par level

For further example, see post-SAF Wayne Rooney and now currently the excuses being trotted out for DDG who is steadily declining year-on-year

GBBQ

I mean Ole clearly wanted rid so i don't think it would help his cause by saying he's useless and doesn't put the effort in.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah that. His work ethic and effort in training is apparently outstanding, but there a language barrier that keeps him from properly socializing in the group. The only negative thing i know about is that very public training spat with Greenwood. But those things just happen all the time so its not a big deal

Snuffkin

It's not as if Mkhitaryan was a roaring success at arsenal. He was shite they'll be lucky if roma give them 5 million for him. So really Sanchez cost us feck all. I never fancied Mkhitaryan anyway it was a football manager type transfer, he was never strong enough for the Premier league. Sanchez is a mess he is the top celebrity in Chile and he doesn't give a feck.

stepic

It's not as if Mkhitaryan was a roaring success at arsenal. He was shite they'll be lucky if roma give them 5 million for him. So really Sanchez cost us feck all. I never fancied Mkhitaryan anyway it was a football manager type transfer, he was never strong enough for the Premier league. Sanchez is a mess he is the top celebrity in Chile and he doesn't give a feck.
Sanchez's salary is much more than Mkhi's, so over the course of the contract he will have cost us a lot more than 'feck all'.

Luke1995

There's just no way he is getting playing time here if Rashford Martial and Greenwood are all fit.

He will be sold for a much lower price than what United paid for him, probably to a south american club who will want his name value.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
There's just no way he is getting playing time here if Rashford Martial and Greenwood are all fit.

He will be sold for a much lower price than what United paid for him, probably to a south american club who will want his name value.
No one will buy him and pay the same wages we pay. He will be loaned out again or technically sold but in either case we'll pay the substantial part of his salary contract off.

Luke1995

No one will buy him and pay the same wages we pay. He will be loaned out again or technically sold but in either case we'll pay the substantial part of his salary contract off.
Is it possible the club pays him the full amount he's owed and terminates his contract ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
of course OGS is praising him - he doesn’t want to reduce any further the small chance we have of actually getting rid of him. Throwing him under the bus using going to get any suites interested in him. There’s no way he wants him back - it’s all spin.
Did Ole do the same with Lukaku in the summer? I'm genuinely curious

dev1l

Spot on

Eli Zee

Is it possible the club pays him the full amount he's owed and terminates his contract ?
Why would they do that instead of just keeping him as an option if it’s going to cost the same either way? At least he might sell some shirts while he’s on the team and maybe sell him for a few dollars to another team

Snuffkin

Sanchez's salary is much more than Mkhi's, so over the course of the contract he will have cost us a lot more than 'feck all'.
Inter are paying us something. He only cost us a great embarrassment. Our transfer policy was been disgraceful. It showed us up.

Champagne Football

Beckham Inter Miami is probably our only hope to get rid of him.

It will be a huge relief for everyone if he finds somewhere else as he'll just cause trouble as a squad player here next season.

Luke1995

Why would they do that instead of just keeping him as an option if it’s going to cost the same either way? At least he might sell some shirts while he’s on the team and maybe sell him for a few dollars to another team
Just because other players might be jealous of his salary.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Alexis' drop off has been even worse than Rooney's. Rooney was over the hill from 2013 onwards but under Moyes and, at times, under Van Gaal he at least could put in a good 45 minutes. The last time Alexis had a solid 45 minutes in a proper match for us was in 2017/18 at Wastelands. He's had an absolutely astounding collapse. You could have made the argument that he was one of the best players in the league for three or four years. Now you cannot think of a single top club anywhere that would take him. I'd love to understand what the hell happened to him. He's unrecogniseable from the man who led Chile to two Copa America's on the bounce.

Art Vandelay

The transfer landscape might be very different when he comes back here. It's possible he might want to go home to South America to play for a few years to finish up his career after all this and might accept a pay cut to do that. Who knows, maybe we'll even find some use for him with Bruno here the way he's lifted some other players.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He's unrecogniseable from the man who led Chile to two Copa America's on the bounce.
While he did look good in those let's not forget that those wins were in consecutive years due to the special centenary tournament, so they occured over a very short time period.

Beckham Inter Miami is probably our only hope to get rid of him.

It will be a huge relief for everyone if he finds somewhere else as he'll just cause trouble as a squad player here next season.
No chance unless he takes a huge pay cut or we pay a majority of his wages, MLS clubs don't pay as much as you think. He's currently earning the equivalent of $25mil per year (jesus that's fecking ridiculous). Zlatan was the highest paid player in the league last year at $7.2mil. Not only that, but Miami only have one designated player spot open (MLS lingo but the transfer/contract designation Sanchez would fall under) and they're almost certain to use it on a striker so that makes it even more unlikely, even if Alexis is a decent #9. With them paying to build a stadium currently I'd be shocked if they invested that much in him, I honestly don't think he'd even be the best player in the league

China was our best bet until they instituted that wage cap, they were paying much crazier money to players.

Snuffkin

No one in their right mind would buy the mercenary little toad.