Man United want Alexis Sanchez back from Inter loan - says random report in January

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Am I the only one who feels that keeping him is better than dumping him while still losing money on him? Surely he can’t do worse than Lingard. At worst, he’ll still be a liability who wouldn’t see much game time but then there is always the minute chance that he might have a some role as an impact sub or some league cup match.
Depends what he looks like in training and practice matches doesn't it? We won't see that, but Ole will.

The Purley King

That's a big if. And it's not for the sake of £7-10m, it's at least £16m, possibly more with one of them loyalty bonuses footballers seem to have. The sceanrio you describe above would only happen if some club wanted to give him a £20-25m signing bonus, which is pretty unlikely based on his last tow years performances. I think we're stuck with him. Hopefully Ed has managed to learn from this experience.
Sorry, what I mean is that he gets a year up front from us. Then, say he gets a 2 year £100k pw contract from someone and a £2m signing on bonus. That is £12m over the course of the two years, so in total he's only ~£6m down by moving and taking our deal.
He might rather get to play for the 2 year period rather than get an extra £6m. Long shot I know, but if you don't ask you don't get.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Am I the only one who feels that keeping him is better than dumping him while still losing money on him? Surely he can’t do worse than Lingard. At worst, he’ll still be a liability who wouldn’t see much game time but then there is always the minute chance that he might have a some role as an impact sub or some league cup match.
I feel the same. Ole was probably trying to make Lingard part of the team because He's younger than Sanchez, but since He's pretty much finished here now, We should definitely try Sanchez. Only problem would be if Sanchez keeps getting injured. But He can't be worse than Lingard, at the very least on par.

ICHM

Nobody in the squad is worse than Lingard at the moment.

Sanchez had better be fit otherwise his 3rd chance at United will be his last.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think his mind is willing, but physically he’s completely shot.
Must be the body type too. Similar to Rooney. Shot by 30.

But at least our Wayne reinvented himself. Not sure if Alexis has the skillsets to play the middle or the QB position. He was never as good a passer earlier or at his peak of his career as Wayne was.

MalcolmTucker

I remember reading that Sanchez trained like a madman, used to do press-ups in between exercises while everyone else would recover. With his intense style of play, I think he must have simply racked up too many miles on the pitch and training ground and it's made his body deteriorate.