Man United want Alexis Sanchez back from Inter loan - says random report in January

JB7

I mis-calculated - see my edit. 500k pounds/week (if true) amounts to roughly 60m pounds total. Yes we're fecked of course.
Of course it's not true. People don't genuinely believe we're paying him half a million pounds a week surely? :lol:

Siorac

dunno that Ole has much option really, he clearly doesn’t want him at the club which is why it’s we’re prepared to cover a good chunk of his wages on loan. But if he’s coming back, and let’s face it who else is going to buy him, he can’t say in a presser “I’m gutted Alexi is coming back cos he’s a crock of utter shite”
It was a completely unprompted comment though so he could have just not mentioned Sanchez at all.

Rooney24

dunno that Ole has much option really, he clearly doesn’t want him at the club which is why it’s we’re prepared to cover a good chunk of his wages on loan. But if he’s coming back, and let’s face it who else is going to buy him, he can’t say in a presser “I’m gutted Alexi is coming back cos he’s a crock of utter shite”
I fully agree he cant. But if he clearly doesnt want him at the club like you say Im sure there are other words he can find other than "he is gonna prove you all wrong". Will just make him look like a muppet when the press throw those words back at him next Season when Sanchez clearly doesnt prove anyone wrong (if Ole is even still in the Job then)

spiriticon

I suppose it's alright to give him another chance. We've spent a huge amount of dosh on him.

I personally think he's mentally done with top level football, but I could be wrong.

Champagne Football

I don't even think that 10% of the caf thought that we were getting Sancho, let alone everyone.
He appeared in almost every Man Utd XI of what fans on here thought we'd look like after the summer. He's still appearing on most Man Utd XI's now on here as to how we'll look after next summer, along with Maddison, Grealish etc

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It was a completely unprompted comment though so he could have just not mentioned Sanchez at all.
I agree Ole has to sugarcoat Alexis coming back in but if true it's strange he decided to bring the return up unprompted. It seems a very bullish thing to say considering he's done nothing in Italy to prove he's ready to come roaring back next season, but from here it's hard to know where we should go other than bringing him back and reassessing the next step in summer. Either he stays to fight for his place, we give him another loan or he goes on gardening leave while he sees out his massive contract (and we do a Sunderland trying to persuade him to 'do the right thing' and tear up the contract we willingly gave him the other year). It sounds like an awful situation either way really.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Finally. Been saying it for months we need to recall him - doesn't matter if he's finished, he has quality.
:lol: yeah because he did so well before going on loan :houllier:

Right now i'd still prefer Chong.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He appeared in almost every Man Utd XI of what fans on here thought we'd look like after the summer. He's still appearing on most Man Utd XI's now on here as to how we'll look after next summer, along with Maddison, Grealish etc
These are fantasy lineups, not people's predictions.

JB7

I don't know how much he's paid. Do you? But that's not really the point is it.

Even if you chop of 100k or so you can still come to an extortionate sum of money.
It's more likely to be a 200k chopped off in reality, which is still a ridiculous amount of money but obviously with Inter paying him a substantial portion too is nowhere near half a million. It seemed to become a running joke with the media to just add an extra £10-20k onto his wages every time they mentioned him.

He was on substantial bonuses for goals, trophies etc which seem to just get included in his weekly salary despite the fact he obviously never earned them.

El Zoido

Sure Ole can, he managed to do so with all our players so far. Oh wait....
But he has? Like I said, he’s got great performances out of previous lost hope Fred, he’s turning Rashford in to a superstar, Martial is having his best season, he’s brought through Greenwood and Williams (both look excellent). Ole is doing good work in some places which he deserves credit for. Frankly I would not be surprised if he gets Sanchez back on song.

All this whiny BS from our fans about the club being broken just because Sanchez is coming back. We literally can’t get rid of him, he’s on an enormous salary that nobody else will pay, we have no choice but to keep him around. I don’t know why people are finding this so hard to understand. We either pay him £300k a week and sit him on the bench or in the reserves for two years, or we try and utilise him in some way. If Ole can get ANYTHING out of him, it’ll be a boost to the team.

UpWithRivers

I hate him with a passion. Not so much personally but everything he represents. We have had a load of fk ups that has lead us to where we are but Sanchez was the straw that broke the camels back. Just get rid and move on. Why do we need this failure sitting in the dressing room. What are the other players and the youngsters supposed to think, cos they are sure as hell not sitting there thinking Oh what a hero I want to emulate you. They are thinking damn hes on 500k a week and does fk all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We went into the season with Rashford, Greenwood, Martial & James to cover 3 positions and they're the mugs? It was a dumb decision with nobody inline to replace him. Look at us now.
It was dumb leaving us so bare, but anyone who genuinely thinks Sanchez would have contributed any more than who we were left with, either didn't see him play for us, or is sensationally deluded.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It was dumb leaving us so bare, but anyone who genuinely thinks Sanchez would have contributed any more than who we were left with, either didn't see him play for us, or is sensationally deluded.
Well then I guess our manager is deluded.

It's deluded to think we wouldn't be better off with Sanches in the squad right now, instead of Chong or Dalot.

Wheato

aka Inter doesn't want him.
Absolutely, even with us paying half his wages, they still don't want him. He is finished as a top player. Even if he still had something special, Inter would be trying to sign him for 15-20m, but they've had a look at him and don't like what they see.

sp_107

We paid a lot to Degea too, I hope we learn from Alexis contract and dont repeat this in future.
Having said this, all big clubs in Europe started paying similar amounts to top players.so we might have to accept this situation and negotiate well when it comes to player wages.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Manager with excellent personnel management skill stands behind the players contracted by the club.

Lets throw him to the flames.

KekiZeki

No, no, no! No way!

We sent you there, stay there!

I normally support Ole's decisions but I won't support this one. This is reversing some of the progress we've made in improving the setting for youngsters to develop, last thing we need is overpaid primadona half-arsing his way through games.

AndyMUFC

We could actually do with now just as an option, that's the annoying thing. I know it was probably a case of we were hoping he'd do well at Inter and they'd want him permanently but it's not worked out for any party.

Looks like both Sanchez and Smalling are gonna be back then. At least that's a bit more squad depth considering we'll be signing 3 players max again FFS :lol:

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Really don't want this to be true. Although I have not watched him at Inter, due to his measly output I can't see them wanting him permanently. Also due to him being out for 84 days, I'm wondering how bad his injury has affected him. Maybe we can ship him out to China but I think there is a possibility we could have him back. :nervous:

At least his scoring rate has improved there :lol:

red4ever 79

Manager with excellent personnel management skill stands behind the players contracted by the club.

Lets throw him to the flames.

If my manager mentioned about me coming back to work whilst laughing, I wouldnt think that was good man-management at all.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

If my manager mentioned about me coming back to work whilst laughing, I wouldnt think that was good man-management at all.
You're going to have to timestamp me because I just wasted 7 minutes on this thing and i heard nothing that made me rise a single eyebrow.

But might as well just quote the horses mouth:

But McTominay told MUTV: "I don't read too much into what gets said online, or in the press, or different things like that.

"Obviously it's our duty as players to go out there and do our best for him and hopefully we can [perform well] because we love him. We love him as a group as well.

"So, hopefully we can start putting in performances.

T_Model101

Do people not remember Fergie saying Veron was a great player to the press and then flogging him to Chelsea a short while after?

It's clear the Inter loan hasn't worked out, so he may as well come back and try to contribute until we can work out a way to get his wages off the books

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

They way he said that he was clearly laughing at the idea, like it’s a bit of a joke

crossy1686

career ending
He will come back but if an offer from the MLS comes in you can always certainly expect him to be off again.

We wouldn't have loaned him out otherwise, it's not like we're stacked with players in his position. He's also probably realised this is his last chance at this level.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
This is instead of Bruno. How are we expecting a player who couldn't impress while he was here a year ago and couldn't impress in an easier league (where plenty other of our ex-players are impressing) to come back and make a difference now? I always backed Sanchez and was excited to see him come, but the ship has sailed. I'd love to be wrong, but this is just another money saving move by Ed.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't know how anyone can look at this news and genuinely believe United have money to spend on new players. Ole will big up the players to try and hope confidence/adrenaline will compensate for lack of ability. However, Phil Jones will never be Franco Baresi. We're basically f'd.

People who believe Pochettino would rescue this situation need to think back to his last months at Spurs: Even a great manager needs, at least, good players. United just don't have enough of them. Go through our squad player by player and ask yourself if X left what club would buy him. Lots of our players wouldn't get into the Wolves first XI etc. So don't be surprised that we're more around that level than the top of the table.

The Glazers, for whatever reason, aren't letting us replace our current squad. We've got dross tied down to long term deals. We are on a downward trajectory and there's nothing on the horizon to suggest we're going to stop falling soon.

Chicharito_

He dug a hole for himself by naming the only Jan signings that had been a success, he probably suddenly realised that Aleix is still on our books so instead of it coming across as a diss he has tried to rescue the situation. Wouldn't read too much into this, it's clear Sanchez is not in our plans moving forward.

red4ever 79

You're going to have to timestamp me because I just wasted 7 minutes on this thing and i heard nothing that made me rise a single eyebrow.

But might as well just quote the horses mouth:

But McTominay told MUTV: "I don't read too much into what gets said online, or in the press, or different things like that.

"Obviously it's our duty as players to go out there and do our best for him and hopefully we can [perform well] because we love him. We love him as a group as well.

"So, hopefully we can start putting in performances.
Ah right, thats ok then. Because clearly the players are going out there every game and doing their best for them ie lose at home to Burnley. So if the players are clearly doing their best then that means a) the players are not good enough and need replacing or b) the coaching is crap. Probably both