Man United want Alexis Sanchez back from Inter loan - says random report in January

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Does he have any idea how frustrated the fan base is? Does he have any respect for us at all? Even if it was a joke or just something to say, use your fecking brain and maybe don’t say it.

BluesJr

Wouldn't surprise me if Ole's comments about Sanchez were a pop at the board for failing to bring in any of his targets.
Hasn’t come across that way though just makes him look like a yes man. If that’s what he was trying to do he’s failed. It’s all about perception.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ah right, thats ok then. Because clearly the players are going out there every game and doing their best for them ie lose at home to Burnley. So if the players are clearly doing their best then that means a) the players are not good enough and need replacing or b) the coaching is crap. Probably both
Great argument. Can't argue with any of that. A+ insight into what's happening at the club and it's squad at any point this season.

Jonno

Hasn’t come across that way though just makes him look like a yes man. If that’s what he was trying to do he’s failed. It’s all about perception.
Well, thats open to debate. I thought it came across that way which is why I said it. He clearly moved Sanchez on because he wasn't the type of player that fits the "United Way" so for him to hint he will return says he isn't happy with the recruitment.

BluesJr

Well, thats open to debate. I thought it came across that way which is why I said it. He clearly moved Sanchez on because he wasn't the type of player that fits the "United Way" so for him to hint he will return says he isn't happy with the recruitment.
It might have come across that way to you but that isn’t the way the press are reporting it which is more important. People are only going to read the headlines, not watch the video. We’ve done an absolutely shambolic job at controlling the optics at this club for years and this is another prime example.

Josep Dowling

This goes beyond a joke now. We were told by Solskjaer he did not want any players who did not want to play for the club here. So we loan him still paying half his wages. Now all of sudden we want him back, why? Just smacked of a complete lack of thinking and desperation. Why loan him out when we are short of numbers especially attackers if we want him back all along?

The club is being run to the ground by idiotic planning and foresight.

hobbers

Haven't followed Sanchez at all this season... but 6 apps 1 goal.

Career over.

Von Mistelroum

So essentially we're not getting transfers even in the summer. Not any major ones anyway. We'll get Sanchez back "like a new signing".

Classnordic

Might just want to get more money for him, seems weird if he actually wants him playing as a first teamer.

AshRK

So essentially we're not getting transfers even in the summer. Not any major ones anyway. We'll get Sanchez back "like a new signing".
You got it. That's where this is heading to. Ole will give false hopes in April/ May by saying we will be looking to add 4 or 5 players and then when the summer comes will backtrack and say we have injired bodies like Bailly, Rojo, Jones back. Lingard has one more experience and is over with his tough period, Periera is more experienced and we have Sanchez back, so we don't need to add anyone.

Lastwolf

If true, it would just throw up so many more questions about this club and the decisions being taken. Hell it would probably mean we're already expecting a tough summer and are getting our house in order in preparation for it.
It's certainly true he's returning, he was on loan, with the idea being he'd put him self in the shop window during that time, or Inter might want to buy him at the end like Smalling and Roma. He's been injured for 90% of the time, and at 31 and being in decline for the last 2+ years it's unlikely people are going to be biting our hand off. He has a contract untill 2022 ... where else is he going ?

The "he's going to prove everyone wrong" is putting a brave naive face on the shitshow that has been the Sanchez transfer.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
So the 6 signings will be:

-Sanchez
-Smalling
-Pogba back from injury with 1 year left
-Rashford back from injury
-guy from league one
-guy who was 20M cheaper the previous season

I'm sure you can't wait.

Acole9

Outstanding
Why did we loan him out in the first place if we plan to keep him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well then I guess our manager is deluded.

It's deluded to think we wouldn't be better off with Sanches in the squad right now, instead of Chong or Dalot.

At least I can wheel the ALEXIS shirt back out

He’s just being bigges up so that we have a chance to sell him. This happens all the time.

There’s no point in throwing him under the bus, when the likelihood is that we are stuck with him for another 2 years. Sure as sh!t Inter won’t be buying him.

does anyone think that OGS saying “Sanchez had had a very disappointing season, and we don’t want him back here next year” is of any benefit to the club?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I never expected him to not come back or for the loan spell to do him any good.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If this was any other club and manager I wouldn't take these comments at face value but with United in its current predicament then ,as a fanbase, you're not quite as confident

Last edited:

Lee565

Cultural rebuild at its finest, you just know that they will either try to get another loan spell for him in the summer or keep him because of no takers and Solskjear will make it out to be like a new signing to cover for Woodward and the glazers holding back on transfer funds.

Cant we pull this guy out of the inter loan deal and offer him to Barca whilst they are looking for a striker.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
At least I can wheel the ALEXIS shirt back out
I hope not. I want Alexis gone as much as most but only if it's a sale. Loaning him whilst we have absolutely zero cover and no intentions of bringing in a replacement just seemed a dumb decision. May as well just keep him here tbh. It's not like we have any squad depth whatsoever. And we're gonna look even dafter if we actually do bring in Slimani for that supposed £5mil loan fee, effectively negating any money we saved on Sanchez's wages. This loan has just been another cockup to add to the ever growing list IMO.

theklr

If he doesnt understand how badly that sounds he is more out of touch with reality than i thought.

shaky

Does he have any idea how frustrated the fan base is? Does he have any respect for us at all? Even if it was a joke or just something to say, use your fecking brain and maybe don’t say it.
Maybe he's just trying to drop an unsubtle hint that he's been told we're not going to spend a particularly useful amount of money in the near future.

theklr

Maybe he's just trying to drop an unsubtle hint that he's been told we're not going to spend a particularly useful amount of money in the near future.
Yeah, or put some pressure on the board/Ed. He said with a sly smile. But it is still a real disservice to the fans.

Born2Lose

[The majority had written Fred off over the summer and were proven wrong. Due to the stupid wage he's receiving thanks to Woodward and Mourinho there's very little option for Ole but to take him back.

I agree with Sanchez that it's very doubtful we'll get much out of him but the only upside is it's pretty much impossible for him to contribute less than Lingard does week after week.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not just I would have delivered the message the way Ole did, but what outcome were people hopeful for with Sanchez at the end of the season?

Best case is scenario is someone with more money than sense buying him, but otherwise we either have to try and get something out of him, or if he’s too toxic, we have to pay him to leave. I’m not sure what people are expecting.

Godfather

I thought these comments were very much tongue in cheek. Not that he is in the position to be clever about our godawful transfer business.

TRUERED89

If he doesnt understand how badly that sounds he is more out of touch with reality than i thought.
In context he started off talking about January signings made by the club, Vidic, Evra, Larsson, that done well etc. Then brings Sanchez into the equation somehow.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope not. I want Alexis gone as much as most but only if it's a sale. Loaning him whilst we have absolutely zero cover and no intentions of bringing in a replacement just seemed a dumb decision. May as well just keep him here tbh. It's not like we have any squad depth whatsoever. And we're gonna look even dafter if we actually do bring in Slimani for that supposed £5mil loan fee, effectively negating any money we saved on Sanchez's wages. This loan has just been another cockup to add to the ever growing list IMO.
Slimani?
The guy who massively underwhelmed at Leicester?!

TRUERED89

Can I slit my wrists now
He's under contract and Inter don't want him (nor does any other team on the planet). There's not much else they can do unfortunately. In hindsight though, the squad is so thin and average that even letting a clown like Sanchez leave on loan, without replacement is the dumbest part of this whole episode.

Sing you a song

Why do people keep saying “unbelievable” as if this wasn’t obviously going to happen? Everyone knows he’s on loan, right? Some people seem to think we are buying him back
totally agree mate this was always on the cards . We have to take him back because he is under contract and nobody else wants him , his loan has been almost as disastrous as his time with us nobody will take a punt on him as the contract we gave him has priced him out of the market we are stuck with him and that is obviously why we have not made any move to sign a striker even after Rashford was injured .