Man Utd close in on world-record £70m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with Chinese firm Haier

sparx99

Their founder, Zhang Ruimin, is a Chinese politician. And I wouldn't doubt that any corporation In China has ties to the government in some form or another.
Well by that logic Chevrolet take government contracts in the US and they US drone people all the time.

dove

:lol: This thread went the usual way, discussing what's morally right and wrong. Apparently having a Chinese sponsor is wrong :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
:lol: This thread went the usual way, discussing what's morally right and wrong. Apparently having a Chinese sponsor is wrong :lol:
I'd rather stop supporting the club than seeing any of the Saudi, the Chinese, the Russian, the... anyone from Genghis Khan's bloodline (because He raped and killed), the Money Making businessmen, the people who don't understand football or anyone with IQ less than 157 being the sponsor. They must understand the club, understand Fergie, genuinely nice people and fashionable.

That leaves us with no choice but to appoint from within. And the new sponsor of the Manchester United should be... Mike Phelan with his new company Phelan's trunks.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Excited that I won't have to see the usual "shirt would look great if not for the logo" posts on kit launch threads.

Hopefully this will allow us to finish Haier up the table.
Get ready for 'how naff is the R on the logo? It ruins it.'

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
When things like this are leaked before hand aren't they usually underestimated?

I'm sure our Adidas deal was reported to be less than it actually was, same too with the Chevy deal.

johanovic

Little info about Haier:
Today, Haier has 75,000 employees and annual revenues of over $32 billion. In 2016 Haier bought GE’s appliances business in the US for $5.4 billion. This year Zhang Ruimin was identified by Fortune as one of the World’s Greatest Leaders.
One could argue that this is very impressive and a smart move by both parties.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Someone should buy sharp just to make football kits out of them.

Alabaster Codify7

Who cares?
It's a sponsor on a shirt. I only care about what I see on the field, I stopped buying replica shirts at the age of 17/18. For what it's worth, I never saw the hugely offensive big deal with the Chevrolet logo - I thought it looked just fine.

Yakuza_devils

I mean china aren't really any better than north korea these days. Just much more powerful.

But yeah society is fecked anyway. Tip of the iceberg this.
Such an ignorance and idiotic comment. Please do yourself a favour. Travel the world and see the world before you spout such nonsense.

micmac

Now all we need is Whirlpool sponsor on the other sleeve and we can start selling appliances in the gift shop..:yawn:

Can7onA

Let's get a sleeve sponsor someone called Love or Luv.

You then have a traditional Manc greeting.

Haier Luv.

edgecutter

Heard Woodward wanted to go with Nike for less money, but ole vetoed it and got this deal instead.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
£70m>>>£45m

Woody running around the boardroom swigging Champers and giving it 'we are the Champions my friend' to Richard Arnold.
Yep. For Woodward, this is a big win.
Who cares about winning on the pitch.

wolvored

Disgusting. I don't want any ties with China or Saudi. Why can't we ever have good, honorable and noble men like Jim Radcliffe?
He said he wouldnt touch us due to the way the clubs been run since fergie

arthurka

Oh Yay more stuff, Hisense TV and Kitchen appliances to sell. Watch Rashford on a dazzling Hisense 4K TV for only 499€..