Man Utd finish a Premier League season with a non-positive GD for first time in history

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
+0, with 57 scored and 57 conceded.

Amazing, we somehow shithoused Europa League football. Gap to top times is staggering, big summer ahead for the club.

ti vu

:drool: Literally start from ground zero next season. Everyone have a clean plate.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Disgraceful season. Thank you Ed Woodward, thank you Glazers. A decade of shite has led to this

Von Mistelroum

We are in very serious trouble. EtH or not, we cannot make this group into contenders for anything. They are ridiculously bad and our owners are not sanctioning a full overhaul. The only hope we have is that our fans and board give the new manager at least 3-4 seasons to make a difference. We could get in 7-8 new players over those seasons and start to turn this around but honestly this group are hopeless and even with 2-3 new players next season they will be dragged down by our current lot.

norm87cro

We didn't deserves EL and I honestly hope we go for just being as best as we can in the league and maybe try to win the Fa cup if we have some luck with the draw

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's amazing we finished 6th really.

Just 6 points ahead of Leicester who seemed to be losing every week.

9 ahead of Newcastle who had zero wins when Ralf came in.

Laurencio

This is boggling my mind as well.

Despite being utter crap for a long while now, we still finished 6th - which is frankly shocking. We could have easily finished 9th, and probably should have, if the other teams got results going their way.

el3mel

WHU bottled that 6th spot. If I were their fan I would be gutted to no end.

Redlyn

It is not a negative GD and we are closer to the top than the bottom by one point so...could be worse.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
United have better players than that. Next season will be much better.

Nero

We're a shambles but you finish where you deserve over 38 games. We deserve to finish 6th ahead of West Ham.

Someone

Something

I do wonder how we managed to finish 6th actually, We've been horrible for the majority of the season.

R'hllor

Win %, points tally and similar stuff should be least of our problems, means feck all for our future, same how better win %, total points meant feck all for our improvement and positive progression after achieving those under LvG/JM/Ole.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This is boggling my mind as well.

Despite being utter crap for a long while now, we still finished 6th - which is frankly shocking. We could have easily finished 9th, and probably should have, if the other teams got results going their way.
52% of our points (30/58) came against 5 teams Norwich, Leeds, Spurs, West Ham and Brentford.

We dropped 50% of points available against the bottom 7 (21/42). 14 of those to Southampton, Watford and Everton.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Imagine thinking this was coming just after adding Ronaldo and Sancho to Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno and Cavani..

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
United was second last season and brought in Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho to finish 6th while not scoring more than the opponent. :houllier:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Just as it doesn’t make sense that we finished 6th, not having a negative goal difference is some kind of achievement given the multiple thrashings we’ve been given.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's interesting that the big six still finished in the top six. The three obvious relegation candidates went down. The only anomoly in the whole league was Brentford.

The old adage that the league table doesn't lie came true again.

SungSam7

Is it me or does it seem like we break negative records once a month at this stage. Im sure if we faced some vanarama side, we would break a record of losing to one.

Waynne

If the timing from the club was off by a smidge (and I'm talking about the shift from Ole to Rangnick and all these changes happening in the background) we could have been fighting for relegation.

We're lucky this woeful form has happened at the tail end of this train wreck of a season.

AaronRedDevil

If anything that just goes to show how impressive the team is that they finished 6th with that goal difference.

Reiver

How many bad records did this squad break? It seemed like every week there was a new stat being brought up by the commentators/pundits to display how bad we were.
In fairness, these kind of records seem to have been tumbling quite regularly in the post SAF era.

redshaw

In setting new records I wonder has a team finished 6th or better with a zero or negative GD in the PL era?

I guess it's happened before.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The rate we break negative records in is quite something.
I thought Moyes took them all.
Then with each subsequent manager, more negative records fall
And just when you think no more negative records can be broken....we break another!

Loon

:lol:
We might look back on this shambolic season as the watershed moment.

Or the farce will be with us... always.

peridigm

The rate we break negative records in is quite something.
Every fecking time they mention a record we manage to let it drop. I think Palace has not beaten us on their ground in quite some time.

Seij

Thank David Moyes.