Man Utd launch official App

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I just get

oops something went wrong

When I click on things, definitely has bugs that need fixing.

Tiber

What's the app like
eh its ok. Player bios, collects player tweets in one place, links to extrnal sites like mutv etc. Lots of pics, some polls.

some of the videos dont work for me though

P0GBA

I don't think it's particularly useful for the matchgoing fan. I didn't really need alerts coming through telling me the match was about to start and then another telling me the match had started while I'm sat in the stadium.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I did enjoy the angry emoji on the notification for Vardy’s goal last night :lol:

Last edited:

maverickjesus

To be fair, that seems like an honest mistake.

Really the BBC mostly treats ROI like the most third countries.

This is their graphic they use to show the weather;

<snip>

No Dublin, no Calais, no Paris.

In all honesty, the BBC need to give more time for Scotland, Northern Ireland and ROI. Scotland especially, are pretty much ignored despite being part of the Union and representing near 10% of the population. Blame devolution probably. Northern Ireland were completely ignored although have been given more time recently for obvious reasons.

ROI should be given more time, as the most important third country Britain interacts with. We share a land border, a language, a set of laws (in the framework of the EU), a common travel area, etc. And yet I hear nothing of Irish politics (referendum on abortion aside), nothing on Irish news. Contrast that with France (slightly more, the BBC talk about strikes, politics, etc) or US Politics and News (a constant source of news and political talk).

Or to put it another way, I doubt many in the UK could name the Irish prime minister, nor how your government works.
I don't see why ROI should be given any more favourable treatment than any other country outside the UK - you could make similar arbitrary counter arguments for many countries.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
To be fair, that seems like an honest mistake.

Really the BBC mostly treats ROI like the most third countries.

This is their graphic they use to show the weather;

No Dublin, no Calais, no Paris.

In all honesty, the BBC need to give more time for Scotland, Northern Ireland and ROI. Scotland especially, are pretty much ignored despite being part of the Union and representing near 10% of the population. Blame devolution probably. Northern Ireland were completely ignored although have been given more time recently for obvious reasons.

ROI should be given more time, as the most important third country Britain interacts with. We share a land border, a language, a set of laws (in the framework of the EU), a common travel area, etc. And yet I hear nothing of Irish politics (referendum on abortion aside), nothing on Irish news. Contrast that with France (slightly more, the BBC talk about strikes, politics, etc) or US Politics and News (a constant source of news and political talk).

Or to put it another way, I doubt many in the UK could name the Irish prime minister, nor how your government works.
Tbh I hate the prominence BBC gives to Scottish football.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's a bit spammy, I couldn't find a setting to limit or stop notifications. I like it tho...

Tiber

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have started to use this app all the time and it's brilliant.

Even if you just care about games, they upload the team sheet, latest scores, highlights, lots of interviews with Ole, press conferences etc.

Though it is worth going into the settings and turning off some notifications so you don't get spammed too much.

Really just wanted to say that If you haven't checked it out its worth a download

red thru&thru

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have started to use this app all the time and it's brilliant.

Even if you just care about games, they upload the team sheet, latest scores, highlights, lots of interviews with Ole, press conferences etc.

Though it is worth going into the settings and turning off some notifications so you don't get spammed too much.

Really just wanted to say that If you haven't checked it out its worth a download
It is a lot better than what I thought it was going to be.

stubie

Wished they would introduce the MUTV app over here in the UK as I could watch it on the go

stubie

How long has the MUTV app been available in the UK? Just noticed I can finally download it

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You can get it for a year for 40 euros.

I just got it for the pre season games. i will cancel it when they are over.

ElectroManiac

They shouldn't put the score of the game in the main screen when you open the APP. I open the APP yesterday to watch the game and the score was just there. I guess if I don't want to know the score before watching the game I won't be able to use the APP