Man Utd official social media's nauseating fawning over Ronaldo

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
It's been on my mind previously but now we're just going to look like mugs if his move to City happens.

Sorry, this thread has been made by a poster who's just a bit pissed off.

RedSinha

They also post about Beckham and Cantona quite frequently, to name just two. Iconic players who still have relevance in the game or in the minds of people. It's all about content and getting the clicks.

As for him moving to City, that should solidify the notion that he won't seem to care what the United fanbase thinks about him. And so, we shouldn't either. And I'm sure the social media posts about him will go away slowly as well. He's sacrificing his goodwill at United for more trophies, which is fair if that's what he cares about.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Fergie better send him dissapointed selfies, Ronaldo will listen to football father.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Who needs Ronaldo when we've got Jesse?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Do what WWE did with Benoit, erase his name from the history books
God I don't want to get into the ethics of whilst I would feel this way, but I'm going to find it more comfortable to watch Benoit's great matches than think about Ronaldo at United.

arthurka

He is old as Feck let them have him. He will mess them up. Cole went there, Big Pete so just let them pay him all the money raising his hands and shaking his head.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s cringeworthy, but at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. If we are actually successful on the field then out SNS accounts will be full of our current team’s exploits instead of images and clips of players in time long past.

They do what they do for the clicks/views/interactions. No publicity is bad publicity and all that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is old as Feck let them have him. He will mess them up. Cole went there, Big Pete so just let them pay him all the money raising his hands and shaking his head.
Yeah they went there when miles under what they were, and when City were basically a team who happened to play near where we do.
Not since they escalated to a beast of a force.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s never given a feck about sentiment. Always about winning and Cristiano.

He hasn’t cared about us since he left, the fan boys will be crushed but will move on.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
You should be saying the exact same about this forum. Have you read any of the many threads on him over the years? :lol:

b20times

They are getting him an old man. We had him in his prime. He won't win them the champions league. He's only gone for the money, it wouldn't surprise me if he wore one of our tops underneath his kit. He's gone to troll city for two years.

arthurka

Yeah they went there when miles under what they were, and when City were basically a team who happened to play near where we do.
Not since they escalated to a beast of a force.
It's his last hoorah, he is in it for the money. I just don't give that much of shit about this. If he signed for them 10 years ago sure but today 36 years of age and not the half of the player he was. I get that people aren't happy but I ain't that bothered.

LoneStar

They need to appeal to casual fans, not to hardcore fans who they know will watch their games anyway.

Ronaldo, Beckham etc will drive a lot of clicks and engagement. And there are people who don't follow football but know who Ronaldo and Messi are. It's for those people. But I agree with the OP, it's a bit small time for such a big club.

MattofManchester

There are just some allegiances you don't go against.

Anyway, plastic man for a plastic club. Makes sense.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's been on my mind previously but now we're just going to look like mugs if his move to City happens.

Sorry, this thread has been made by a poster who's just a bit pissed off.
A Ronaldo thread has the fourth most replies in the history of the football forum - and a couple of others have over 7k replies.

They're just doing what any sensible social media account would and post stuff that appeals to a wide base of fans. Ronaldo's reach on social media dwarfs United's.

Jagga7

They are getting him an old man. We had him in his prime. He won't win them the champions league. He's only gone for the money, it wouldn't surprise me if he wore one of our tops underneath his kit. He's gone to troll city for two years.
:lol: They do say denial is the first stage of grief.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
They need to appeal to casual fans, not to hardcore fans who they know will watch their games anyway.

Ronaldo, Beckham etc will drive a lot of clicks and engagement. And there are people who don't follow football but know who Ronaldo and Messi are. It's for those people. But I agree with the OP, it's a bit small time for such a big club.
That’s was my understanding of the situation as well; they probably won’t change much in their approach once he joins City and starts lifting trophies there as his profile will still be what the media guys want to tap into.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They know how to appeal to their base, evidently.
Simple as that (of course). They're not doing it because someone employed in that department personally loves Ronaldo.

You'd think it would stop if he actually joins City, though...

LoneStar

That’s was my understanding of the situation as well; they probably won’t change much in their approach once he joins City and starts lifting trophies there as his profile will still be what the media guys want to tap into.
I do think they will stop posting that shit if he joins City. It would be PR suicide to talk about a player playing for one of your biggest rivals.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I do think they will stop posting that shit if he joins City. It would be PR suicide to talk about a player playing for one of your biggest rivals.
Logically yes, but we’re a business first and foremost so the attention might still be attractive for them still. They already have the United fans following the social media so wont care about us being upset about it if they get a couple of extra random followers who only know Ronaldo and Manchester.

Nickelodeon

Logically yes, but we’re a business first and foremost so the attention might still be attractive for them still. They already have the United fans following the social media so wont care about us being upset about it if they get a couple of extra random followers who only know Ronaldo and Manchester.
It would be suicide within the majority people who know what Ronaldo and United are i.e. the fans. No one in their sane mind would do anything of those sorts.

Red Star One

Will be only sweeter seeing his tears getting eliminated in Champions League QF by Monaco after another Pep tactical masterclass :drool:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I don't care that much for Ronaldo since he left, but this still hurts. Wonder who our next Ballon d'Or winner is.

Nash27

Doesn't matter if he doesn't join now. He has already shown intention to join if reports are true. Juventus are the not letting him go and want a fee. I hope we stop singing his songs at OT now. Enough of this worshipping BS.

SATA

The cringey ‘bring Ronaldo home’ which appears to come out every year since he left us always grates me. He has never regarded Old Trafford as his home

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You win some and you lose some. United did win the race for Maguire, Fred and Sanchez after all.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Real Madrid had him in his prime. Not us. Hence he is not a club legend as many tout him to be.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The cringey ‘bring Ronaldo home’ which appears to come out every year since he left us always grates me. He has never regarded Old Trafford as his home
Same. Especially when we played with Juve few years ago. Fanboys here were over the moon.
It strikes me how people forgave him slave comments and crying and moaning in summer 2008.

I rate him as one of our best players ever who helped us to win stuff. But at the end, he is just the guy who played for us. Player who can be described as mercenary. Payed to produce. Legend? feck no.