Man Utd official social media's nauseating fawning over Ronaldo

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Seriously guys I don't know why you're moaning about. The guy is 36 years old and he's already showing signs of wear and tear in the slower and quite frankly weak Serie A. Even in his prime Ronaldo needed a well tuned top side to do the running for him let alone now. Can you imagine Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo in the same team? Pogba has the same attitude to workrate as Ronaldo does while Bruno is hardworking but he loves the spot light on himself.

You know that I love a moan as much as the next guy but he's simply not for us. Also this talks of loyalty are silly. 99% of players can't give a feck about which shirt they wear and will only cling to club's loyalty when no one wants them and there is a possibility they can stay on the grave train for a while longer. Hopefully this story will open your mind next time we talk about some shit player whose still on our payroll despite being shit for most of his career with us.

If we have money then we should spend it in CM. Let's give Greenwood a chance ffs. He's the future not Ronaldo.

Lynty

Why are we surprised. He'd sell his child to get another Champions League medal :lol: especially with Messi a realistic contender for trophies again.

RedStarUnited

It's been on my mind previously but now we're just going to look like mugs if his move to City happens.

Sorry, this thread has been made by a poster who's just a bit pissed off.
I always hated all the Ronaldo love in personally.

He kicked up so much of a fuss to leave us!

He is more of a Real Madrid legend than ours.

crossy1686

career ending
I still see people posting pictures of Sweinstiger on social media and talking about how great he was so the Ronaldo fawning isn't a surprise but desperate non-the-less

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
If this happens, it’ll show how selfish he is. But perhaps he has a secret plan to help us win the league :wenger:

TsuWave

They post iconic players that have represented the club. Ronaldo just so happens to be one of the best players United has had.

This place has lost the plot

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They post iconic players that have represented the club. Ronaldo just so happens to be one of the best players United has had.

This place has lost the plot
Yes he is. One of the best regarding quality. Problem is that he has some legendary status among fans which he doesn't deserve. As i said; mercenary and nothing else. Payed to deliver.

TsuWave

Yes he is. One of the best regarding quality. Problem is that he has some legendary status among fans which he doesn't deserve. As i said; mercenary and nothing else. Payed to deliver.
There’s no problem with him having legendary status with some fans. His contributions for and while at the club were legendary, as such, it’s perfectly understandable why he’s regarded in high esteem by many and why the club’s social media posts him, as they do other players.

You clearly have strong opinions of Ronaldo. Stick to those and don’t worry about people that think of him as legendary, especially when said status is easily explainable. The club clearly appreciates his contributions, and I’d hazard a guess that so do a substantial amount of fans otherwise content related to him wouldn’t be posted if it didn’t drive engagement.

Seij

They are getting him an old man. We had him in his prime. He won't win them the champions league. He's only gone for the money, it wouldn't surprise me if he wore one of our tops underneath his kit. He's gone to troll city for two years.
He could've stayed at Juventus on his current contract and made more money than what he's apparently getting from City. He's going there because he's getting antsy about Messi joining PSG and he doesn't think Juventus has a chance at winning CL.

sugar_kane

He could've stayed at Juventus on his current contract and made more money than what he's apparently getting from City. He's going there because he's getting antsy about Messi joining PSG and he doesn't think Juventus has a chance at winning CL.
I think Messi winning Copa America has also upset him, in the recent BBC documentary on Ronaldo it came through that he saw himself as having won a trophy at international level as him having achieved something that Messi hadn’t/couldn’t

God I don't want to get into the ethics of whilst I would feel this way, but I'm going to find it more comfortable to watch Benoit's great matches than think about Ronaldo at United.
Time to rename this thread Redcafe Goes Into Meltdown 2021/22, methinks.

Needham

Fecking judas
Judas had sufficient dignity born of shame to off himself. Ronaldo will just buy a new pair of sunglasses. But history will eventually rank Christiano Ronaldo lowlier than Iscariot. And rightly so.

Maticmaker

Still cannot believe that Man City expect to get him for nothing, that CR is willing to take a 50% pay cut, and all to join a club which he has sworn he never would, and a club who he has won more trophies personally, than his new supposed employers have collectively.
Can't see it happening?

...oh wait a minute! That's not his partner house hunting in Cheshire....is it?

Offsideagain

You may all scoff at this, but this could be the biggest mistake City have made since signing Owen Hargreaves. Think about it. Ronaldo doesn’t fit into Guardiola’s style of play, he too individual. He’s allegedly on £500k net in a dressing room where they are all money mad. Sure they’ll sell a few shirts in Stockport, many of the old school Bitters won’t want him. City‘s PR department, which is the club that’s all the Sheik wants is good PR for Abu Dhabi, need to appease the fans after failing to sign Kane. They always come up with some stunt just to annoy United. Thing is, they will never ever be a class act, as respected as United all over the world and Ronaldo has shown he is just another money grabbing git and will erase his legacy at Old Trafford. He won‘t be there next season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I got all my anger towards Ronaldo out of my system when he left for Madrid. This means nothing. Him joining Liverpool would mean nothing. I lose nothing.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He's gonna love the new relaxed approach to referring isnt he... between Ronaldo & Grealish City will be spending more time taking free kicks than actually playing football.

patch1

Most probably do more damage than good. Most probably need him to balance the books.Big money in shirt sales.

Offsideagain

Still cannot believe that Man City expect to get him for nothing, that CR is willing to take a 50% pay cut, and all to join a club which he has sworn he never would, and a club who he has won more trophies personally, than his new supposed employers have collectively.
Can't see it happening?

...oh wait a minute! That's not his partner house hunting in Cheshire....is it?
He could buy Mendy’s place in Prestbury as he may not be needing it for a while!

Foxbatt

Judas had sufficient dignity born of shame to off himself. Ronaldo will just buy a new pair of sunglasses. But history will eventually rank Christiano Ronaldo lowlier than Iscariot. And rightly so.
Is Jesus still at City?

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
My apologies to the following set:

1. Ronaldo. Shouldn't have called you a snake.
2. Man Utd social media team
3. This forum

Mods, please close thread.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’ll accept him back in the marital bed but no sex until 30 goals.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Seriously guys I don't know why you're moaning about. The guy is 36 years old and he's already showing signs of wear and tear in the slower and quite frankly weak Serie A. Even in his prime Ronaldo needed a well tuned top side to do the running for him let alone now. Can you imagine Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo in the same team? Pogba has the same attitude to workrate as Ronaldo does while Bruno is hardworking but he loves the spot light on himself.

You know that I love a moan as much as the next guy but he's simply not for us. Also this talks of loyalty are silly. 99% of players can't give a feck about which shirt they wear and will only cling to club's loyalty when no one wants them and there is a possibility they can stay on the grave train for a while longer. Hopefully this story will open your mind next time we talk about some shit player whose still on our payroll despite being shit for most of his career with us.

If we have money then we should spend it in CM. Let's give Greenwood a chance ffs. He's the future not Ronaldo.
It's not moaning, not even close. Addressing critical issue with immediate effect is sign of healthy & responsive recruitment.

I'm sure we were scouting midfielders this summer, it's just feels to me like we're waiting for Camavinga's decision or it's nothing. Not even Ronnie can smoke screen this. The issue is glaring too much and it's dragging us into another complicated season.

devilish

It's not moaning, not even close. Addressing critical issue with immediate effect is sign of healthy & responsive recruitment.

I'm sure we were scouting midfielders this summer, it's just feels to me like we're waiting for Camavinga's decision or it's nothing. Not even Ronnie can smoke screen this. The issue is glaring too much and it's dragging us into another complicated season.
If reports are to believed we need to sell before we buy

devilish

If that's the case, then I don't know how can club just sign Ronnie and give him wages he wants, without securing possible departures.
By the looks of it everyone had been caught in a United's PR trap. Think about it.

a- Ronaldo wants to leave
b- He is courted by Shitty
c- He turns them down like the small club they are and sign with us instead

The media/sponsors will go overdrive, the fans will get off the Glazers back and shirts will be selling like crazy. All for 30m euros most of whom will be paid off through the shitstorm created by Ronaldo coming home.

I love Ronaldo as the next guy but I'd rather see us sign a CM to him. That's what a well run club would act

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
By the looks of it everyone had been caught in a United's PR trap. Think about it.

a- Ronaldo wants to leave
b- He is courted by Shitty
c- He turns them down like the small club they are and sign with us instead

The media/sponsors will go overdrive, the fans will get off the Glazers back and shirts will be selling like crazy. All for 30m euros most of whom will be paid off through the shitstorm created by Ronaldo coming home.

I love Ronaldo as the next guy but I'd rather see us sign a CM to him. That's what a well run club would act
Same here, sign midfielder now, then start looking for extra cash to re-sign Ronnie. Even for 30m it's still quite expensive PR stunt. What we can conclude for now is that adding CR7 to the squad will reduce Lingard's chances of playing for United to almost zero... especially now with Rashford looking fresh on training grounds. There will be even not too much space for Martial to play regular minutes.

I just can't see the other way but some players simply leaving the club next week.

devilish

Same here, sign midfielder now, then start looking for extra cash to re-sign Ronnie. Even for 30m it's still quite expensive PR stunt. What we can conclude for now is that adding CR7 to the squad will reduce Lingard's chances of playing for United to almost zero... especially now with Rashford looking fresh on training grounds. There will be even not too much space for Martial to play regular minutes.

I just can't see the other way but some players simply leaving the club next week.
Reports are saying that its 25m euros ie around 21m pounds. Ronaldo is still one of the biggest names in football so that expense would pretty much pay for itself. Maybe I am wrong here but this does look like a cynical window dressing for fans. On the bright side Greenwood can't possibly ask for better tutors to help him transition into a striker then Cavani and Ronaldo.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Reports are saying that its 25m euros ie around 21m pounds. Ronaldo is still one of the biggest names in football so that expense would pretty much pay for itself. Maybe I am wrong here but this does look like a cynical window dressing for fans. On the bright side Greenwood can't possibly ask for better tutors to help him transition into a striker then Cavani and Ronaldo.
This will definitely make difference. It's also what Arsenal lacks from few good years, leaders who could help younger squad in reaching their ceiling faster. Not having that sends them exactly where they are tbh.

What's very good about Ronnie is that he can be vocal as Bruno who not so long ago was convincing the club to sign Neves. Think he'll have a good impact on everyone around, as he still I presume want to win something.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They're doing it again. One of the latest tweets even got a million likes from his fanboys.