Man Utd set to appoint Director of Football (when hell freezes over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez7

Should be update on this soon, I would guess.
The fact that a caretaker will be appointed till the end of the season has me more convinced his is happening.
I agree. I think the club has now finally decided to move to the new model and hopefully this will mean that the way we go about our business going forward is more structured and in sync with our long term goals/approach.

Foxbatt

Who else is going to pick him? He would take advice I am sure but in the end it will be his and the Board decision.

Matt007a

This may have been a factor in his sacking. Or at least in sacking him now rather than at the end of the season. If Ed wants a DoF in now to assess things in time for the summer window and Mourinho refused to work with one, then his hand may have been forced.

LARulz

But who though? Ferguson chose Moyes, but even then Ferguson should enjoy his retirement and not be involved in this mess.

Director of Football? He chooses them so it's almost the same thing as Woodward doing it

redpatron

He picked the two people who wanted the job and the two with highest merit. People forget the details on how LVG happen And people forget after pep said no, Jose was next best choice.

I can’t wait until he picks poch or Zidane and this place blames him again for picking the wrong manager.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
He shouldn't be involved with football affairs full stop.

Kapardin

Yes, but we can't help it.

Good that he came to his senses and sacked Jose, but it seems like he had completely fallen out with him. The club statement was quite terse and didn't even mention the 2 trophies Jose won.

And if he's just thinking of Poch or Zidane, I'm not sure if they are even the right options at this time.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Woodward was not the sole person to choose LVG and Mourinho.

Snafu17

He finally managed to deliver the news about sacking to the manager before it leaked out to the press.

ROFLUTION

He did the right thing.

Now we hope you have an overall master-plan, Ed. Stop brushing off your image with signing big names, that are not hungry. So you don't have to fire a manager mid-season next season. It's still on you and your ass is next, if you don't find the right solution.

Sacking Mourinho mid season is still the result of bad leadership. But at least he had the balls to do it before it got worse. Should still have backed him or get rid this summer though.

Vadim

James Cooper live outside Old Trafford just conformed that we will hire a DoF and then appoint full time manager in summer.

We will streamline our operations (his words).

Seems like the club actually does have a plan of action!

Also, the caretaker manager will be “fun to work with” is what Utd have told James Cooper.

Eric's Seagull

He's picked two.

They both failed horribly and he's sacked both too late(though he didn't wait til the very end with Jose surprisingly).

He shouldn't have anything to do with picking the next manager.

Get a DOF in and establish a clear identity with the club.
Can we even trust him to pick the right DoF?
To answer that question I think not.
I don't think he should be the one picking the next manager or DoF. He has proved he is equally inept at both. I think DoF should pick the next manager but I want Woody to bring in a proper DoF not just a yes man who does everything he is told by Ed the great. If Ed wasn't so great on the commercial side it tried to get him to sling his hook as well. We are shambolic at the moment, a complete and utter laughing stock and it hurts like heck when my mates who support city and Pool rightfully take the the p!ss out of you. It is flipping terrible,.

beedoubleyou

James Cooper live outside Old Trafford just conformed that we will hire a DoF and then appoint full time manager in summer.

Also, the caretaker manager will be “fun to work with” is what Utd have told James Cooper.
Big Sam. He drinks his wine by the pint.

red_de_pologne

they surely learnt heir lesson, at least to some extent, I'm sure we will try and build a proper footballing structure at the club and will look at an attack minded manager(s)

Will Singh

He's first task will be to bring in a manager which means the DOF should be very experienced and now the clubs vision to have such a massive first task.

Vadim

Holy shit they’re learning!*

*providing this is true
He definitely said all of this, I watched it around 5 minutes ago :)

Apparently Jose refused to work under a DoF and the board have had these plans for a while.

Today is the beginning of a new era :)

Lots of Christmas cheer in that. Fingers crossed we're finally going to sort ourselves out.

red thru&thru

I think Ed has had the correct intentions. Just made some silly mistakes at silly times, mainly the renewal of the contract in January.

He has one more shot at this. Get a well renowned DoF in and let them handle all.

Kajus

Roy Keane anyone?

Djemba-Djemba

Are we actually acting like a modern big club?

What's going on?

Also fun to work with? Bob Mortimer seems like he'd be a right laugh to work with.

ROFLUTION

Trizy

Hopefully it's Eric Cantona. He might not have any experience but he is a magnificent bastard :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.