Man Utd set to appoint Director of Football (when hell freezes over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjb

I wouldn’t be against Henrique. He has a good pedigree as an actual Sporting Director - seems Rangnick would rather be a manager.
We could use him to keep agents under control and for difficult negotiations, sort of like a weapon.

roseguy64

Unless it was the ITK account that got the Bruno, Josh King and Ighalo information then I agree. Not worth posting.

croadyman

Unless it was the ITK account that got the Bruno, Josh King and Ighalo information then I agree. Not worth posting.
Might be worth someone asking that above ITK account about the current situation with a DOF, his twitter handle is @itk_manutd. I cannot guarantee he will reply to you but think it is worth someone tweeting him just to see what he says on the matter.

pascell

Might be worth someone asking that above ITK account about the current situation with a DOF, his twitter handle is @itk_manutd. I cannot guarantee he will reply to you but think it is worth someone tweeting him just to see what he says on the matter.
Is that the account that said our summer transfer targets are Sancho, Werner, Grealish and Bellingham?

Infra-red

Pretty sure that every "ITK" account that has ever existed was subsequently proven to be fabricated nonsense.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

French newspaper L’Equipe claim that United and Henrique have spent weeks negotiating, with the former PSG chief expected to make the move to the Premier League.

And they claim that Henrique is eyeing former Juventus boss Allegri to replace Solskjaer as manager.

croadyman

So he isn’t even our DOF yet he’s deciding to replace the manager :lol:

I might decide to sell Apple tomorrow.
Yeah and it's very worrying how much of an awful job he has done in the role by the sounds of it compared to someone like Rangnick

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not sure how true the below info is but it could be something that appeals to the Glazers.

Antero Henrique - The Positives
Robust scouting network - 200+ scout and informer feeding into him for bargain hunting
Profit selling track record - 900m + worth of transfer inflow in 17 years at Porto.
Strong and result oriented personality.

the chameleon

French newspaper L’Equipe claim that United and Henrique have spent weeks negotiating, with the former PSG chief expected to make the move to the Premier League.

And they claim that Henrique is eyeing former Juventus boss Allegri to replace Solskjaer as manager.
I’m not Solksjaer’s biggest supporter, but we would be going another 10 steps back by hiring this buffoon.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Looks like Phelan's evil twin

fallengt

Definitely fake news :lol:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Antero Henrique and Allegri :lol: I love the fact that these two guys would be the exact candidates the majority of us on here would not want the hierarchy to choose.

Ed Woodward going full Vince McMahon, feck what the fans want! (It'd be hilarious if they both came in and we became a force again.)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Antero Henrique and Allegri :lol: I love the fact that these two guys would be the exact candidates the majority of us on here would not want the hierarchy to choose.

Ed Woodward going full Vince McMahon, feck what the fans want! (It'd be hilarious if they both came in and we became a force again.)
Tbf both are upgrades to what we've got. Id rather see us get Rangnick and Rose though

red thru&thru

Tbf both are upgrades to what we've got. Id rather see us get Rangnick and Rose though
My biggest gripe would be the continuity of the current job being done at the club, if we went with someone like Allegri. Rangnick, Paul Mitchell and Rose would be the upgrades we need.

AneRu

Its so typical of Woodward, either around appointing a Sporting Director and end up choosing possibly the worst candidate one could think of. If we want a powerful transfer market operator with an eye for a bargain why not go for Campos and if we want someone to build the whole club up why not Rangnick? These two have sounded keen on the job if given the space and autonomy to do their work.

I would have thought Rangnick and Rose/Nagelsmann would have been the ideal duo to move forward with.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Its so typical of Woodward, either around appointing a Sporting Director and end up choosing possibly the worst candidate one could think of. If we want a powerful transfer market operator with an eye for a bargain why not go for Campos and if we want someone to build the whole club up why not Rangnick? These two have sounded keen on the job if given the space and autonomy to do their work.

I would have thought Rangnick and Rose/Nagelsmann would have been the ideal duo to move forward with.
The part about giving them the space and autonomy to do their work sounds exactly like why Woodward isn't going in for them.

red thru&thru

Hopefully Joel can convince either Rangnick or Campos to join soon.

theklr

Pretty sure that every "ITK" account that has ever existed was subsequently proven to be fabricated nonsense.
Not the one that was first with Fernandes, King interest and Ighalo as someone already said. That one said Antero was all fake news earlier at least.

But this one is not the same .

Dong Fangzhuo

Laurie Whitwell (United correspondent at The Athletic) said in a recent chat that he'd been "steered away from Henrique" which I take to mean his sources telling him there's nothing in it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So we're two years, 306 pages, an uncountable number of tweets more pointless than a broken pencil down the line, and we're still no closer to signing a DoF?

Dammit Ed.

Infra-red

So we're two years, 306 pages, an uncountable number of tweets more pointless than a broken pencil down the line, and we're still no closer to signing a DoF?

Dammit Ed.
To say that the club have dragged their feet on this somewhat, would be a bit of an understatement.

wolvored

Maybe he has sounded out these people about a DOF role, but when he tells them ultimately he has to give the yay or nay on everything they do, they back off. Who knows?

hungrywing

Laurie Whitwell (United correspondent at The Athletic) said in a recent chat that he'd been "steered away from Henrique" which I take to mean his sources telling him there's nothing in it.

If there were infinite parallel universes where Jack and Rose were to make it to America and live happily ever after, Woodward would steer the Titanic into the iceberg in every single one.

AneRu

If there were infinite parallel universes where Jack and Rose were to make it to America and live happily ever after, Woodward would steer the Titanic into the iceberg in every single one.
:lol::lol::lol:
Woodward's ineptitude borders on sabotage so I won't dispute that assertion.

AneRu

Maybe he has sounded out these people about a DOF role, but when he tells them ultimately he has to give the yay or nay on everything they do, they back off. Who knows?
All major decisions require the yay or nay of the board anywhere, even at City or Liverpool.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Maybe the one doing the steering is being steered by somebody at United and the club want to announce his arrival at a time, and on a platform of their choice.

saivet

Just listened to the Ornstein podcast with The Athletic and they are saying there aren't any plans to appoint a sporting director or DOF and they would be surprised if there was on anytime soon.

However they did mention that United are setting up a data and analytics teams as apparently we're quite far behind a lot of PL clubs in terms or data analysis for things like scouting, injuries, performances and opposition.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just listened to the Ornstein podcast with The Athletic and they are saying there aren't any plans to appoint a sporting director or DOF and they would be surprised if there was on anytime soon.

However they did mention that United are setting up a data and analytics teams as apparently we're quite far behind a lot of PL clubs in terms or data analysis for things like scouting, injuries, performances and opposition.
Pathetic

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

No shit!

Better late than never I suppose

clarkydaz

I thought this was all done since bragging about 800 right backs and backslapping themselves on the summer window

Status
Not open for further replies.