Man Utd U16 v Linfield U17 BBC

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Oh is it the Milk Cup, is it on?
Not sure, kinda stumbled on by accident while looking at the BBC sport website. It's been a good game. Linfield are well organised and looking to hit on the counter so it's a good test of patience and keeping possession.
They scored from a keeper misjudgement of a high long ball

lysglimt

Scout
This Moorhouse looks quite decent - appars to stand it on most matches I have seen. But he does seem to have a physical advantage as well.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This Moorhouse looks quite decent - appars to stand it on most matches I have seen. But he does seem to have a physical advantage as well.
They just compared him to Pallister- jokingly of course. But as you say he is taller than most. i like the look of our little midfielder, very comfortable

lysglimt

Scout
They just compared him to Pallister- jokingly of course. But as you say he is taller than most. i like the look of our little midfielder, very comfortable
Yes but he looks a decent player. I also like number 18 - he reminds me a bit of a young Roy Keane when he was at Forest.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Not sure, kinda stumbled on by accident while looking at the BBC sport website. It's been a good game. Linfield are well organised and looking to hit on the counter so it's a good test of patience and keeping possession.
They scored from a keeper misjudgement of a high long ball
Yeah it is....not on MUTV like wtf

SuperCupNI - Homepage

Bertie Wooster

I've watched all 3 of the U16's matches on BBC IPlayer this week. United won them all - v Ballymena, Coleraine and then tonight v Linfield.

I didn't post about them because I wasn't sure about the 'rules' of commenting on U16 players. But I'll just post a few positives - I liked the look of Harrison Parker, the CB on trial from Arsenal. And also of the fellow CB, Jack Kingdon. The all round CM, Jack Moorhouse. And the tall and mobile #9, Ethan Wheatley. There were also some small and tricky AM/Wingers in Oriola, Ibragimov and Jones who showed promise.

All very young, obviously, and way too early to predict anything, or to dismiss anyone. But very enjoyable games, and nice to see some of the abilities of the youngsters.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looked like we have some really talented players in that team. Have to say though Linfield were fantastic, well drilled and a good level of technical ability too. Really good game played in a good spirit and deservedly a close win for us.

Bertie Wooster

Looked like we have some really talented players in that team. Have to say though Linfield were fantastic, well drilled and a good level of technical ability too. Really good game played in a good spirit and deservedly a close win for us.
Yeah, all 3 games were similar to that - and I listed a few players above that I liked the look of over the course of those 3 games.

For those who missed some / all of them, they're all still available to watch the full games on BBC IPlayer. Just Google something like Man United in Northern Ireland BBC and they come up. I really enjoyed watching all of them. :)

khoazany

Moorhouse has came leaps and bounds from the last time I saw him few years ago.

Just a note that we have like 7-8 U16s play up with 18s in the tournament so this is nowhere near our strongest 16s.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
A couple of things about MUTV.

1. They are separate entity from Manchester United FC. So they have a separate budget not 100% funded by the club and therefore have only so much resource in terms of hiring commentators , cameramen, travel costs etc. Therefore they have to prioritise which games to cover and which ones they can't. Everyone moans about paying for the subscription (which helps puts funds in the budget) and wants free streams.
2. In most away games, they are not allowed to go to games because the home team wants image rights to the coverage. Therefore if United want to get coverage they have to pay for it (unless there is a reciprocal agreement of course)
3. COVID has meant that MUTV have not been allowed to travel to certain venues and 'pinging' has forced a lot of the staff to isolate at a moments notice. Planning is therefore a nightmare.
4. As far as the NI SuperCup is concerned, my understanding is that as the BBC were showing the games live and also available on iplayer for 30 days after each game, you can still watch it if you want. There is no point of MUTV going all the way to cover a game for United's channel if it's already being covered by BBC NI.

Personally, I think MUTV do a great job covering United's youth/reserve teams. If you want to watch the games then get a subscription.

mav_9me

1. They are separate entity from Manchester United FC. So they have a separate budget not 100% funded by the club and therefore have only so much resource in terms of hiring commentators , cameramen, travel costs etc. Therefore they have to prioritise which games to cover and which ones they can't. Everyone moans about paying for the subscription (which helps puts funds in the budget) and wants free streams.
2. In most away games, they are not allowed to go to games because the home team wants image rights to the coverage. Therefore if United want to get coverage they have to pay for it (unless there is a reciprocal agreement of course)
3. COVID has meant that MUTV have not been allowed to travel to certain venues and 'pinging' has forced a lot of the staff to isolate at a moments notice. Planning is therefore a nightmare.
4. As far as the NI SuperCup is concerned, my understanding is that as the BBC were showing the games live and also available on iplayer for 30 days after each game, you can still watch it if you want. There is no point of MUTV going all the way to cover a game for United's channel if it's already being covered by BBC NI.

Personally, I think MUTV do a great job covering United's youth/reserve teams. If you want to watch the games then get a subscription.
I am surprised by that, that they wouldn't be 100% funded by the club.

I have a subscription and use it for time to time. But you have to say their camera angles for lot of their matches are so bad I can't watch. Maybe they don't have money for better production but lot of times they are unwatchable.

It is what it is. I still subscribe and watch here and there. That's enough for me. But wish they did a better job.

Busbybabe1999

I am surprised by that, that they wouldn't be 100% funded by the club.

I have a subscription and use it for time to time. But you have to say their camera angles for lot of their matches are so bad I can't watch. Maybe they don't have money for better production but lot of times they are unwatchable.

It is what it is. I still subscribe and watch here and there. That's enough for me. But wish they did a better job.
A lot of those bad camera angles will down to a pitch not having a gantry for example.

OldRed1

My son's company did the broadcast for them in Perth when they came over. He reckoned that they were terrific to get on with which is unusual for him, he doesn't usually complement the clients.

Bigsid

Enjoyed games in Ireland. Trialist from Arsenal did well but given centre halves we have in 16s in same age as him I'm not sure he brings more than Jackson and Kingdon

Beaucoup

Enjoyed games in Ireland. Trialist from Arsenal did well but given centre halves we have in 16s in same age as him I'm not sure he brings more than Jackson and Kingdon
He’s an U15

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Scored but found it hard from what I saw. Liked the look of Lacey and Missin though.
His dribbling was excellent I thought. Clearly his all around game isn't quite as strong as some of the other lads but I thought he was a real threat, lots of potential.