Man Utd updated schedule - 4 games in 8 days | Roma, Villa, Leicester, Liverpool

christinaa

Gossip Girl
It's punishment to the players if anything, who had nothing to do with the protests. 3 league games in 5 games and would actually be dangerous if we didn't rotate.

It's designed to punish us but it's a bit of a snide way to do it.
Exactlty !!

Deery

Dreary
I've always been more of a Hilton person.

The reschedule is a better punishment than I expected, at least it's not 3-0 to Liverpool. Wouldn't be that bothered if we half-arse it against Leicester.
Sorry my apologies Ramadan.

The squad will definitely have to be used to its fullest, still think we try and win every game though but if we drop points it’s not the end of the world, just injuries I’m worried about.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is it possible to support the team, criticize the ownets, not worry about punishments, applaud peaceful protest free of rampaging, not condone violent actions and damages, or am I totally out of line?
We've tried peaceful protests for 16 years. I was a season ticket holder for the first 11 years of their reign and went on many protests. They achieved nothing.

What are you suggesting then? All hold hands outside and hope they listen? It doesn't work. Disruption was the only thing they would ever take notice of.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's punishment to the players if anything, who had nothing to do with the protests. 3 league games in 5 games and would actually be dangerous if we didn't rotate.

It's designed to punish us but it's a bit of a snide way to do it.
Of course it is designed to punish us, it’s unfortunate that the players will bear the brunt of it.

Similar to clubs who have racist contingents in their fan base have to play behind closed doors. It’s basically all the governing bodies have right now at their disposal, the scheduling.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Well isn’t this thread a perfect microcosm for how unbearable the next few months are going to be - you’ve got the “let’s stop every home game and sabotage the team and if you’re against us being relegated you’re just a Glazer stooge consumer cnut” brigade on one side and the “our fans are scum because the protest caused an inconvenience and a proper protest is people waving flags as that’ll show ‘em” on the other. Like clockwork.

diarm

Well isn’t this thread a perfect microcosm for how unbearable the next few months are going to be - you’ve got the “let’s stop every home game and sabotage the team and if you’re against us being relegated you’re just a Glazer stooge consumer cnut” brigade on one side and the “our fans are scum because the protest caused an inconvenience and a proper protest is people waving flags as that’ll show ‘em” on the other. Like clockwork.
And the sanctimonious fence sitters in the middle who don't care about anything except looking clever on the internet.

Bertie Wooster

You deserve the Glazers. Can't you understand how ridiculous your post it.

Do nothing then and just accept we are a piggy bank for them and no longer a serious PL and CL threat? Awesome.
There's a huge difference between doing nothing - and 'supporting / deserving the Glazers' - and justifying violent protests and deliberately getting games postponed and then bragging about it.

Many support the idea of using peaceful and legal means to let the Glazers know how the fans feel, and try to get FA / Government support for fan involvement in ownership, etc. That doesn't mean they should be mocked for not supporting the idea of violent and anarchic actions that hark back to the hooliganism of the 70's and 80's, and that deliberately effect the on field chances for Ole and the players who have done so well to transform us back into a team competing at the top of the table and for trophies.

Withnail

The reasons the game was abandoned apparently weren’t solely because of what happened outside the stadium.

In the Athletic article, there was mention of turf issues, a crossbar on one of the goals damaged, & balls stolen among other issues.
Thanks for the info. I'm aware of that and knew about the footballs. I suspected there was a covid/security issue but wasn't aware of all the details.

The point I was trying to make was that it wasn't the violence outside that caused the game to be abandoned.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some people would rather us finish 4th and keep them than crash and burn in bottom half and have a chance at a rebirth.

It's so pathetic.
It’s just short term thinking, I saw some fans complaining that their afternoons entertainment was distributed. It’s unbelievable these people call themselves United fans.

Withnail

Impressive couple of strawmen you've created there. Can we watch them fight?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's a huge difference between doing nothing - and 'supporting / deserving the Glazers' - and justifying violent protests and deliberately getting games postponed and then bragging about it.

Many support the idea of using peaceful and legal means to let the Glazers know how the fans feel, and try to get FA / Government support for fan involvement in ownership, etc. That doesn't mean they should be mocked for not supporting the idea of violent and anarchic actions that hark back to the hooliganism of the 70's and 80's, and that deliberately effect the on field chances for Ole and the players who have done so well to transform us back into a team competing at the top of the table and for trophies.
But you see this is total BS.

Peaceful protests wouldn't have achieved anything. They wouldn't care one bit. The fact it's caused disruption though has.

What you're saying is for us to continue to protest outside the ground singing songs? Is that it? Well great thanks for this valuable contribution. Not like it's not been tried for the last 16 years is it?

Toad

Rotate for Leicester then full strength against Pool for me. I’d prefer Leicester to pickup potential points rather than give Pool and easier game.

always_hoping

For the record that schedule basically cost Man United the league title that season.

Red_toad

Only positive from this is Ole will be forced to use some of the youngsters. Absolutely ridiculous scheduling, that could have dire consequences to the players and our season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Thanks for the info. I'm aware of that and knew about the footballs. I suspected there was a covid/security issue but wasn't aware of all the details.

The point I was trying to make was that it wasn't the violence outside that caused the game to be abandoned.
I knew the point you were getting at. I’d never seen the potential postponement reasons listed out all together . They did touch on Covid in there which I figure they would have if a breach had occurred.

One thing is probably certain, there will be far more police & security at the remaining home games. We won’t see a repeat of what transpired Sunday vis à vis a pitch invasion. It may kick off outside the stadium however.

Last edited:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I was for the protest, still am but what's all this bollocks about the balls being stolen? If it's true then whoever did that is a pleb tbf.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We’ll get through it but it must come as very unwelcome to the players after the long season, remember we didn’t get much time off because of Covid last year. Could be doing without it tbh.
Rest players against Roma as the tie is all but secured.

Go full-strength against Villa - picking up the 3 points and securing the top four in the process.

Rest players against Leicester and play for a draw.

We then go full-strength against Liverpool, undoubtedly winning the game and destroying their chances of finishing in the top four.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s just short term thinking, I saw some fans complaining that their afternoons entertainment was distributed. It’s unbelievable these people call themselves United fans.
Yeah they are cowards. Does it matter in grand scheme of things how far behind City we finish? The gap is huge. CL football could be clinched if we lose all our remaining games as the teams outside top 4 have to win all their games.

And we'd have the Europa final as a get out of jail clause too let's not forget.

And it's not like we are going to win the CL anyway is it? Let's be honest with ourselves. We want it for financial reasons. Not for aspirations of winning it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I was for the protest, still am but what's all this bollocks about the balls being stolen? If it's true then whoever did that is a pleb tbf.
From the article I posted earlier...

At least one corner flag was taken, along with a number of balls. The Athletic understands this meant United did not have the required amount to stage a game and more would have been needed had the game not been called off.

BoulderDevil

But you see this is total BS.

Peaceful protests wouldn't have achieved anything. They wouldn't care one bit. The fact it's caused disruption though has.

What you're saying is for us to continue to protest outside the ground singing songs? Is that it? Well great thanks for this valuable contribution. Not like it's not been tried for the last 16 years is it?
so remind me again what the disruptive protest has achieved that we should all be cheering about?

Odin

Well, accepting peaceful protests can be effective is a good start if you want to avoid the false dichotomy. Labelling peaceful protests as "waving flags" sure doesn't help.

For a nation so tied to the legacy of Mahatma Gandhi, England certainly has it's fair share of hooligans unwilling to comprehend that their message is weakened by their actions. Disclaimer: yes, we have plenty of hooligans too.

always_hoping

To the jokers now moaning about the fixture pile up. Well done, you fools.

if utd miss out on top 2 and EL final now, its down to those idiots inside OT.

Peaceful protesting is one thing, breaking and entering and criminal damage is another.

Fixture pile up now, is the result of the imbeciles on Sunday
Even jokers can figure out no imbeciles of owners equal none of that would have happened Sunday also the Premier league had other options when rescheduling that Liverpool game but chose the daft option

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Some people would rather us finish 4th and keep them than crash and burn in bottom half and have a chance at a rebirth.

It's so pathetic.
Sure. That’s me. Season ticket holder who lives in Stretford.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
OK, I used to participate in protests myself, anti-racism and anti-neonazism. I can understand the rush, but I don't think this is a cause worthy of attacking civil servants over. Rather a twat than a misguided brute.
What on earth are you on about? I didn't attack anyone you oddball.

Teja

Prepare for disjointed games with a couple of losses that’ll surely make this place toxic
Imagine we don't finish 2nd as a result. This place will implode. Add a botched transfer in the summer and that's basically no Caf until the next season starts.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
From the article I posted earlier...

At least one corner flag was taken, along with a number of balls. The Athletic understands this meant United did not have the required amount to stage a game and more would have been needed had the game not been called off.
Given the scale it was obvious this was gonna called off but at least it sort of makes sense.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah they are cowards. Does it matter in grand scheme of things how far behind City we finish? The gap is huge. CL football could be clinched if we lose all our remaining games as the teams outside top 4 have to win all their games.

And we'd have the Europa final as a get out of jail clause too let's not forget.

And it's not like we are going to win the CL anyway is it? Let's be honest with ourselves. We want it for financial reasons. Not for aspirations of winning it.
You’re bang on mate. Our chances of winning it are slim at very best, And if we aren’t going to win it, what’s the point? Financial. That’s it. Im willing to sacrifice a season of exciting European midweek games to get these tramps out the club.

Irrational.

Here’s a lesson: protest in a way that doesn’t get games postponed.

We have no right to complain about the fixture congestion after the uncivilised chaotic manner of the protest. The FA don’t owe us shit and rightly so.

Deery

Dreary
Rest players against Roma as the tie is all but secured.

Go full-strength against Villa - picking up the 3 points and securing the top four in the process.

Rest players against Leicester and play for a draw.

We then go full-strength against Liverpool, undoubtedly winning the game and destroying their chances of finishing in the top four.

Winner winner chicken dinner!
I can get behind that!

Odin

We've tried peaceful protests for 16 years. I was a season ticket holder for the first 11 years of their reign and went on many protests. They achieved nothing.

What are you suggesting then? All hold hands outside and hope they listen? It doesn't work. Disruption was the only thing they would ever take notice of.
Disruption without damage to people and property, is it really to much to ask for? Peaceful sitdown on the turf should have done plenty enough, without the general public being totally put off.

Brightonian

I think people have to accept that if you're in favour of protesting in ways that hurt the Glazers, you're going to inevitably hurt the team in the process. We will not be winning Champions Leagues and simultaneously driving out our owners. I'm not saying that as an argument for or against, just a reality.