Man Utd v Everton

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This fixture was a footnote in the announcement that Spurs v City is being played at Wembley on a Monday night, originally planned for 12:30 on a Saturday we now play Everton at 4pm the next day, anyone know why it's been moved? Like I say the fact it's a footnote in the Spurs/City game suggests the two fixtures are linked to one another but I can't for the life of me see how?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
You got a link to the announcement with the Utd fixture as a footnote? The only thing I can think of it something to do with logistics in Manchester, but feck knows.

PoTMS

Fecking disgrace - no thought for the fans. Shame on Sky, shame on the Premier League and shame on United/Everton for agreeing to it. And even though Spurs had nothing directly to do with it, this wouldn't have had to happen if they're weren't so incompetent, so feck them too.

Player Red

Fecking disgrace - no thought for the fans. Shame on Sky, shame on the Premier League and shame on United/Everton for agreeing to it. And even though Spurs had nothing directly to do with it, this wouldn't have had to happen if they're weren't so incompetent, so feck them too.
Extra days rest after the Juve game so I can see Jose being happy about the move.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
this is an absolute disgrace at such sort notice and for no good reason apart from Sky wanting a big name for the premium 4pm Sunday slot - Im sure many fans will have already booked and paid for travel/hotel/etc

I understand MUST are preparing something to complain about this so contact them if you are affected

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
this is an absolute disgrace at such sort notice and for no good reason apart from Sky wanting a big name for the premium 4pm Sunday slot - Im sure many fans will have already booked and paid for travel/hotel/etc

I understand MUST are preparing something to complain about this so contact them if you are affected
Yep that seems like the crux of it doesn't it

tbh it gives the club an extra 24 hours plus after the UCL game so probably works out better for the team

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yep that seems like the crux of it doesn't it

tbh it gives the club an extra 24 hours plus after the UCL game so probably works out better for the team
which is probably the reason the club agreed to it - although I am not sure how exactly something like this works and if the club could have rejected the time change or if they are bound to some kind of contractual TV rights agreement

wm28600

We can berate Spurs, the Premier League, the Fa, Sky, anyone we want really. Fact is this change is very advantageous to us overall. Lets rejoice at this