Man Utd v West Ham 23s

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
What a brilliant touch and run from Shoretire then. Shame he didn't finish, may have even been fouled in the box.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Got brought on in the 18th minute or so and got taken off before FT in the FA cup game, I believe. Used to play for us actually.
But didn’t they have injury after injury in that game? He played nearly the whole game and for a youngster that’s not that bad. It was Rice who gave the ball away before McT scored

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
But didn’t they have injury after injury in that game? He played nearly the whole game and for a youngster that’s not that bad. It was Rice who gave the ball away before McT scored
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Probably got more game time than he expected really.

Scored another brilliant goal. 2-2 now, we don't make things easy for ourselves :lol:

Drainy

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Probably got more game time than he expected really
True, but as a substitute who was substituted he looked broken because its a humiliating thing to happen, even if logically he played more of the game than he would have normally.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Will Fish beaten a bit too easily by Odubeko there. He wanted another United player to cover the inside area, but no one was there to support him, and Odubeko had enough time to curl one to the far post. Bishop looked like he was beaten a bit too easily, too.

To be fair, United were sort of allowing West Ham to get back into the game by dropping deeper. We've also struggled to retain possession because of how deep everyone's been. Now that we're not leading, we're imposing ourselves again.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Interestingly, with McCann's arrival, Hannibal has been playing as the deepest midfielder. He hasn't done so badly, but him being so deep means that we aren't seeing much of him in the final third, now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Interestingly, with McCann's arrival, Hannibal has been playing as the deepest midfielder. He hasn't done so badly, but him being so deep means that we aren't seeing much of him in the final third, now.
This is correct, Hannibal is playing as the deep lying midfielder.

Inigo Montoya

This is correct, Hannibal is playing as the deep lying midfielder.
Again I do think they’re being tried in a variety of positions. Something the Ajax academy does all the time I believe

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Again I do think they’re being tried in a variety of positions. Something the Ajax academy does all the time I believe
Yeah, and I don't mind seeing it, honestly. Hannibal needs more minutes in deeper areas in order to become more accustomed to a deeper role. Devine at CB is also interesting despite his lack of height as he's developing more of his defensive nous.

cj_sparky

Ajax don't define a position for players until they get to 15, they train/play various until then. We've often done it, I remember little Larnell Cole playing right back quite a bit one season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
West Ham have looked like a fresher, more energised side, especially after Odubeko got his goals. United have been off the pace for much of the 2nd half.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Interestingly, almost every United players look slow and sluggish right now, especially the midfield. They're not able to close down West Ham quickly enough, and United are not quick enough to go forward and offer support to the attacking players.

I think, in terms of the result, we won't see anything more than a 2-2. The performances have been decent, overall, and I'm glad to see a bunch of U18 players get minutes in this match.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Somehow, West Ham get a win out of this. Odubeko gets his hat-trick and scores another fine goal from the left side of the box. Once again, he gets to Will Fish's other side with relative ease, and his shot caught Nathan Bishop way off guard.

lysglimt

Scout
Will Fish has been so poor in this game I find it hard to believe

Inigo Montoya

Well after beating their first team 3/3 it was always going to happen. Oh well they had a good chance to score before WH scored

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Two of the goals should never have been conceded. Bishop seems to have got his positioning wrong.

lenny_1248

Really not impressed by Will Fish. He's nowhere near as good as some people here think he is. Devine also.
Hoogewerf has hardly made any progress since coming to the club.

Hannibal, Elanga, Shola - all wonderful talents, developing nicely.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bitter pill to swallow but the reality is that sitting deep after taking a lead carries its own risks. Subs didn't help, dropping Mejbri deep was a rather bizzare choice and I know he spent times isolated but Hoogewerf barely broke into a walk after he was brought on.

Inigo Montoya

Will Fish has been so poor in this game I find it hard to believe
It has been said, good experience for a bunch of 18 year olds. They’ll be disappointed but all good experience and good to see Elanga bang one in

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Two of the goals should never have been conceded. Bishop seems to have got his positioning wrong.
Both Fish and Bishop have been so poor in dealing with West Ham's attacks. Fish mainly because of how slow and sluggish he's been in dealing with 1-on-1 situations and Bishop because of his terrible positioning as well as his lack of athleticism.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Both Fish and Bishop have been so poor in dealing with West Ham's attacks. Fish mainly because of how slow and sluggish he's been in dealing with 1-on-1 situations and Bishop because of his terrible positioning as well as his lack of athleticism.
Agreed.

Fish was very poor aswell, sadly.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Somehow, West Ham get a win out of this. Odubeko gets his hat-trick and scores another fine goal from the left side of the box. Once again, he gets to Will Fish's other side with relative ease, and his shot caught Nathan Bishop way off guard.
At least he’s Irish :drool:

Any chance of him becoming a PL standard player? Hat trick tonight sounds good and he’s got games for their first team so that’s promising enough....

always_hoping

Thats a tough defeat to take on the chin. Far to leaky in defence, 49 goals conceded in 20 league games.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Regarding Fish, I'm so surprised at how slow he looks and how he really struggles with the pace of the U23s. Wasn't he looking good at the U23s last season, or was that just because the PL2 teams play at a slower pace?

I think Fish will take some more time to adjust to the pace at the U23 level just like Fernandez and the U18 defenders (Jurado, Hardley, etc.).