Man Utd v West Ham 23s

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
At least he’s Irish :drool:

Any chance of him becoming a PL standard player? Hat trick tonight sounds good and he’s got games for their first team so that’s promising enough....
He's promising, but he still struggles to deal with the pace of first-team football. He looks so much better when he has more time to settle on the ball and assess his surroundings (which he got when we started to drop deeper).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's like a taller Daley Blind. Good football player, but is he a good defender? Not so sure.
This is his first season at playing above his age level (mainly U23, a bit of U18), so it's tough to say. He might need to get accustomed to the quicker pace of the U23s, and given that his body's still growing, he might be able to play quicker over time. Even Marc Jurado looked like he was a bit off the pace when he came on, but that's normal given that this was his debut.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kai Corbett impressed me the most from the West Ham players. He looks a very good player, with high technical qualities.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Ben Thornley thinking Elanga would've had a chance at being at the Euros for Sweden if it wasn't for his injury :confused: he's not even in the U21 squad.
There is one spot to contend for, assuming the coach wants four wingers in the squad. Forsberg, Kulusevski and Claesson are all gonna be picked, but if Elanga didn't get injured and had gotten to play for the first team he might have had a shot to snag the fourth. His main competition right now is Ken Sema (important player for Watford this season) and Jesper Karlsson (excellent in the Eredivisie).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
At least he’s Irish :drool:

Any chance of him becoming a PL standard player? Hat trick tonight sounds good and he’s got games for their first team so that’s promising enough....
Im not seeing anything special in Odubeko. He might have a decent career like a Ibe or Solanke. Who knows Ollie Watkins and Ivan Toney have kind of come through unnoticed

Red00012

I always wonder why Will Fish to be capped for England was a bet on the PP app . Random to say the least

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Im not seeing anything special in Odubeko. He might have a decent career like a Ibe or Solanke. Who knows Ollie Watkins and Ivan Toney have kind of come through unnoticed
Don’t kill me but I think Ivan Toney would be a decent signing for rotation and options and at an ok price. I think he’s got potential and if he goes to a middle sized club he’d be too expensive to bother trying to get if he’s a success.

Mickson

There is one spot to contend for, assuming the coach wants four wingers in the squad. Forsberg, Kulusevski and Claesson are all gonna be picked, but if Elanga didn't get injured and had gotten to play for the first team he might have had a shot to snag the fourth. His main competition right now is Ken Sema (important player for Watford this season) and Jesper Karlsson (excellent in the Eredivisie).
No way. Not even close. He would also, at best, have played like 20 minutes for United. As I said, he hasn't even been picked for the U21 yet.

Sea-Cow

I wonder the logic behind having Elanga go sit on the bench in Spain but still ok to play tonight, but not Diallo. Surely it would benefit his career and progression to get some minutes of competitive action instead of just training and watching from the sidelines?

Also, how did Jurado do?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Are Nigeria in for him? He’s got a Nigerian dad but he was born in Ireland I think?
Both his parents are Nigerian. He was born in Ireland but moved to England at 12 so he’ll be eligible for them too. He hasn’t played for Ireland in years and his last call up he declined citing fatigue despite barely playing at West Ham and then played an underage West Ham match 2 days later. He’s also deleted any pictures of Ireland from his social media I believe. The Irish u21 coach also said he doesn’t know where Odubeko’s intentions lie. All things point to him not wanting to play for Ireland at this point.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Both his parents are Nigerian. He was born in Ireland but moved to England at 12 so he’ll be eligible for them too. He hasn’t played for Ireland in years and his last call up he declined citing fatigue despite barely playing at West Ham and then played an underage West Ham match 2 days later. He’s also deleted any pictures of Ireland from his social media I believe. The Irish u21 coach also said he doesn’t know where Odubeko’s intentions lie. All things point to him not wanting to play for Ireland at this point.
that doesn’t sound promising so. cheers for the reply, you know your stuff!

Bigsid

Poor defeat against bottom of league. Too much hype surrounding some of these lads which hasn't been obvious to me when playing poor sides let alone the better sides. Need to get some of these lads out on loan as they are a country mile from the first team.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
No way. Not even close. He would also, at best, have played like 20 minutes for United. As I said, he hasn't even been picked for the U21 yet.
When I wrote "if he had gotten to play for the first team" I obviously meant more than 20 minutes. Of course he has no chance otherwise.

Mickson

When I wrote "if he had gotten to play for the first team" I obviously meant more than 20 minutes. Of course he has no chance otherwise.
Yes, but was that even possible? I mean, Amad can't get a look in. He would have been more or less first choice, or some kind of Daniel James role, to even be considered under current manager. I agree with your squad thinking though.

lysglimt

Scout
It has been said, good experience for a bunch of 18 year olds. They’ll be disappointed but all good experience and good to see Elanga bang one in
It just puzzles me how both him and Mengi have completely fallen apart over the last 12 months. Mengi until his loan-deal to Derby was probably the worst player in the reserves, and the way Fish defended (or rather didn't) was almost scary.

Mickson

It just puzzles me how both him and Mengi have completely fallen apart over the last 12 months. Mengi until his loan-deal to Derby was probably the worst player in the reserves, and the way Fish defended (or rather didn't) was almost scary.
Maybe something about the setup under Neil Wood? We don't seem to have any stability, regardless of who plays. With that said, I see potential in Fish. He needs to step up though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Maybe something about the setup under Neil Wood? We don't seem to have any stability, regardless of who plays. With that said, I see potential in Fish. He needs to step up though.
I tend to agree here, it wasn’t that long ago he was being feted as a potential star. Just a bad patch, fingers crossed

Classical Mechanic

Some on England forums reckon he’s looking to play for us although Nigeria are always proactive around dual nationals.

lysglimt

Scout
His pace is a concern - he has everything else, but he is a young Maguire

GueRed

hopefully just a dip in form. Which happens

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Yes, but was that even possible? I mean, Amad can't get a look in. He would have been more or less first choice, or some kind of Daniel James role, to even be considered under current manager. I agree with your squad thinking though.
I guess anything is possible theoretically. But no, I was just pointing out what was required for him to contend. Didn't say anything about it being likely. :D