Manager draft

Annahnomoss

Round 1. Every contestant picks a manager from any time in history.
Rules: Only players from the club managing are available until the reinforcement rounds(after the first match is won) - by then all players from the National teams who the manager managed, will as well be available.

Players are only rated for the peak they had under the manager you pick. So Angel Di Maria is a worse player if you pick Mourinho than Ancelotti(Or LVG).

President/Director of Football etc does not count as being the manager. Multiple contestants can choose the same manager if they wish.

Round 2. The regular draft of players begins and continues until round 13 which will be the last round.

1. Skizzo
2. Harms
3. Annah
4. Balu
5. MJJ
6. TRV
7. Vivajanuzaj
8. Crappy
9. Jayvin
10. Raees
11. EAP
12. DanNistelrooy
13. Stobzilla
14. Gio
15. Cutch
16. JogaBonito

Draft Boss Rules:
B1 - All matches will be for 24 hrs
B2 - All draft picks will be on 8 hr intervals. More time can be granted on Boss's sole discretion.
B3 - Assistant Managers vote will count as single. Only Managers vote is counted as double. Assistant Managers cannot vote for their own games. Managers can vote to see the score, but will not be counted.
B4 - Playing managers vote count twice. Please honour the code and avoid tactical voting.
B5 - Once posted, the pick stands. No changing. Take care before you post.
B6 - There will be 2 reinforcements per round after R1 till finals.

Theme of Draft (Reality) Rules:
T1 - Players will be judged by their ability at the time the manager managed the player.

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

@@crappycraperson
To clarify, Crappy made pick 16 with Rinus Michels and will now use his pick 17 to start of the player round. This means Crappy will be the first to pick reinforcements, which is a difficult scenario considering a lot of people failed to capitalize on picking manager first. Paolo, MJJ, Balu, Cutch I think all did capitalize on that and did great so changing the order for a "re-balance" also seems wrong.

There is a 8 hour deadline from your opponent picks from Crappy makes the first player pick.

01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Angelo - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV - Guardiola
14. DanNistelrooy - Ancelotti
15. Annah - Luxemburgo
16. Crappy - Rinus Michels 1.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Feck, I didn't expect to be the first here :nervous:
When are we starting?

Annahnomoss

I'm stupid, sorry, forgot that it is a snake draft!
I guess we start when you make your pick! There won't be time limits for the manager picks - after that we will add time limits when we get to the players. People should have learnt already which players they have in the pool mainly by then.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Players are only rated for the peak they had under the manager you pick. So Angel Di Maria is a worse player if you pick Mourinho than Ancelotti(Or LVG).
It's a great draft theme.

This rule seems way too difficult though, I don't think it will work. The majority of voters aren't going to take that into account and even if they do mean to take it into account, lots of people will not have the knowledge of which players peaked under which managers - particularly in a draft with a non-recent pool.

Annahnomoss

It's a great draft theme.

This rule seems way too difficult though, I don't think it will work. The majority of voters aren't going to take that into account and even if they do mean to take it into account, lots of people will not have the knowledge of which players peaked under which managers - particularly in a draft with a non-recent pool.
Cheers mate! The reason it is in there is for the managers to research their discussions. I think there will be a couple of great ones about how good a player really was for different clubs and it'll add some depth for us all.

You are right of course in that it won't matter for the scan voters, but then again nothing really does. Managers will have two votes.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Cheers mate! The reason it is in there is for the managers to research their discussions. I think there will be a couple of great ones about how good a player really was for different clubs and it'll add some depth for us all.

You are right of course in that it won't matter for the scan voters, but then again nothing really does. Managers will have two votes.
Fair enough, I don't think it's scan voters though - a lot of scan voters are more knowledgeable than the managers from what I've seen. The point is that it's everyone.

I'm choosing this example because no one will pick the equivalent manager - but do you think anybody here, has seen just one match of Maradona when he played for Argentina Juniors? How will you rate him, how will the voters rate him when nobody has seen him play a match?

There are countless other examples. I don't think it will work and I expect we'll see the usual manager bullshit rise to unprecedented levels. It will be funny to watch, but I think it's ill thought out. Otherwise it's a fantastic theme.

Annahnomoss

Fair enough, I don't think it's scan voters though - a lot of scan voters are more knowledgeable than the managers from what I've seen. The point is that it's everyone.

I'm choosing this example because no one will pick the equivalent manager - but do you think anybody here, has seen just one match of Maradona when he played for Argentina Juniors? How will you rate him, how will the voters rate him when nobody has seen him play a match?

There are countless other examples. I don't think it will work and I expect we'll see the usual manager bullshit rise to unprecedented levels. It will be funny to watch, but I think it's ill thought out. Otherwise it's a fantastic theme.
Will be up to the managers to argue their case, but hopefully we'll learn more about individual seasons of big name players and their less known periods of their career. Of course there'll be managers bigging up a player like hell but it is easy to see through.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Will be up to the managers to argue their case, but hopefully we'll learn more about individual seasons of big name players and their less known periods of their career. Of course there'll be managers bigging up a player like hell but it is easy to see through.
Fair enough mate.

How would you rate Maradona out of interest? Or Pele? When no one has seen a match.

Annahnomoss

Fair enough mate.

How would you rate Maradona out of interest? Or Pele? When no one has seen a match.
Maradona is a lot easier. Pele you'd be able to research I am sure, it is more difficult with the slightly smaller names but at the end of the day it is up to the manager to make that research or not. If the manager can't provide any sources to what he's stating then he shouldn't have picked the player in the first place.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Maradona is a lot easier. Pele you'd be able to research I am sure
Oh right, fair enough mate.

How is Maradona rated out of interest at Argentina Juniors? Did he have that same explosive turn of pace? How was his passing?

Annahnomoss

Oh right, fair enough mate.

How is Maradona rated out of interest at Argentina Juniors? Did he have that same explosive turn of pace? How was his passing?
Not going to spend the time to research it myself but if somebody does and puts him in the team and backs it up with sources then I'd love hearing about it.

Annahnomoss

1. Harms - Trapattoni
  2. Stobzilla - Cappello
  3. Jayvin
  4. Vivajanuzaj(Need replacement)
  5. Skizzo
  6. 5. MJJ
  7. 16. JogaBonito
  8. 4. Balu
  9. 10. Raees
  10. 15. Cutch
  11. 14. Gio
  12. 11. EAP
  13. 6. TRV
  14. 12. DanNistelrooy
  15. 3. Annah
  16. 8. Crappy

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sorry guys had no idea we were starting this so soon - the last draft final is still ongoing!

Give me a moment

I'll pick Carlo Ancelotti

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

1. Harms - Trapattoni
  2. Stobzilla - Cappello
  3. Jayvin - Ancelotti
  4. Vivajanuzaj(Need replacement)
  5. Skizzo
  6. 5. MJJ
  7. 16. JogaBonito
  8. 4. Balu
  9. 10. Raees
  10. 15. Cutch
  11. 14. Gio
  12. 11. EAP
  13. 6. TRV
  14. 12. DanNistelrooy
  15. 3. Annah
  16. 8. Crappy

Annahnomoss

1. Harms - Trapattoni
  2. Stobzilla - Cappello
  3. Jayvin - Ancelotti
  4. Paolo - LVG
  5. Skizzo
  6. 5. MJJ
  7. 16. JogaBonito
  8. 4. Balu
  9. 10. Raees
  10. 15. Cutch
  11. 14. Gio
  12. 11. EAP
  13. 6. TRV
  14. 12. DanNistelrooy
  15. 3. Annah
  16. 8. Crappy

sajeev

by the way, I am acting as a sounding-board for MJJ. So you might want to factor that somewhere

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I hate you.
I wanted to pick him initially, but then left him for you as I was sure that you would've provided us with a lot of great stories about him and his players. Well, feck :lol: