Managers who play the most attractive brand of football

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What's this nonsense of attractive football being killed by pressing?
It's not nonsense I think, as everything in this discussion is subjective. If you like to see attacks slowly unfold, playmakers picking kind of "magic" passes, then you lost something as modern pressing means that no one has the time on the ball to play that way.

Skills

Snitch
It's not nonsense I think, as everything in this discussion is subjective. If you like to see attacks slowly unfold, playmakers picking kind of "magic" passes, then you lost something as modern pressing means that no one has the time on the ball to play that way.
The likes of Messi, Iniesta, Modric & Xavi didn't have any problem with it.

In fact, if you're genuinely a great dribbler capable of beating a man in a tight space you're going to be rewarded more for beating the press and finding a pass through a high line.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The likes of Messi, Iniesta, Modric & Xavi didn't have any problem with it.

In fact, if you're genuinely a great dribbler capable of beating a man in a tight space you're going to be rewarded more for beating the press and finding a pass through a high line.
Right. But how they play is a bit different style of football than what I described. The beauty of their games was mostly due to the speed of the ball movement, quick one-touch football.

Jibbs

For me the most beautiful football was played by Mourinho's Real Madrid in 11/12, Bayern in 12/13 and Barca in 14/15.
Three very different styles but equally mesmerizing, effective and beautiful. Madrid 11/12 was capable of winning the treble that year.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I find Pep's style boring. Everyone gets lubed up for Barca circa 09-11 but I used to hate watching it as it was a lot of sideways passing as teams would sit in on them. Klopp's Dortmund were more enjoyable and I think the PL top 4 between 2003-2010 also played more attractive football as it was more full bloodied.

Ajax of the 70's were also fun to watch from the limited clips I have seen.

RooneyLegend

Depending on the opposition, ball retention is more key to minimize transition opportunities for the other side, according to Pep.

For example, Sterling was great yesterday, however there was an occasion where a failed dribble of his led to an opportunity for Everton to break on City.

I agree with you in the sense that they are at their dynamic best with a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left.
Their ball retention is always great imo especially with that type of midfield unlike if KDB or if Fernandinho was playing. Even when they were playing, they were averaging about 70% of the ball. The safest place to lose the ball on the pitch is always on the wing. Not many counters are started from a deep wide position.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hansi Flick anyone? His iteration of Bayern was probably my favourite one in the last 10 or so years. Probably even more fun than Heynckes' treble winning team. It's high octane football, with an extremely aggressive high line - which must make you shit it, if you're actually supporting them. But at the same time, the rewards on the other end are incredible.
We surely played some of our most breakneck exciting football of the last two decades under Hansi. That demolition of Barca, the knockout against PSG where nobody knew how we didn't score 10...

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
Pep doesn’t really have a plan B though. And he outthinks himself in some big games, like the CL final.
He had a brainfart that evening. God knows what his reasoning was. Mount and Kante must have thought all their Christmases had come at once.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I can’t stand Pep’s football, it’s just so robotic. 4 million passes and cookie-cutter goals. Football is not suposed to be a perfect game, there should be mistakes and chaos.
His football sends me to sleep.

Of course, I love Kloppo football, what can I say! I have seen it grown and develop for years. Some changes now to how it was at Dortmund, still great to watch when they are on song.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers 13-14 side. Defensively shite, but offensively a delight.
It was all about scoring more than your opponent.
Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho working around Suarez, with Gerrard as deep lying playmaker.
It was good fun, while it lasted.

Lyng

Currently its Nagelsmann, Klopp and Ten Hag for me. I love free flowing intelligent play where the players move for each other all the time so you get that fluid and fast ball distribution. Ultimately its a very subjective thing though. Some people love the solid defensive styles of Conte and Mourinho and thats fair.

Bestietom

Pep teams play the most attractive football. I love it how fast they win the ball back when someone loses it.

Zoo

Surely this is subjective? I preferred the style of Real over Barca personall
Same. I find City very boring. It’s a polished version of Jose’s first Chelsea in that essentially they just suffocate teams. And then they cynically tactically foul when needed.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Same. I find City very boring. It’s a polished version of Jose’s first Chelsea in that essentially they just suffocate teams. And then they cynically tactically foul when needed.
That's the worst part for me, how they're allowed to bend/break the rules to implement their "style".

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
From my personal:Klopp,Guardiola,Flick,Juup(he retire),Tuchel,Anchelotti,Gasperini,Ten Hag and Naglesman...etc.

1.I want introduce this guy:Stefano Pioli(the man of another my favourite team,AC Milan)

2.Gerrard is entertain as hell too.

Canagel

Tuchel at Dortunund and the first year at PSG produced wavy possession football. Somewhere in the line he became more pragmatic and less offensive but I really liked how he set up his teams offensively. More entertaining football than Klopp and even Pep for a while.

Ten Hag's football is outstanding and Monaco with Jardim before they were poached were very attractive too and super attacking

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He had a brainfart that evening. God knows what his reasoning was. Mount and Kante must have thought all their Christmases had come at once.
The game before, where Rodri was poor and gifted Chelsea a goal

The game before that, where Fernandinho was ran ragged in midfield

As far as reasoning, there you go

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Tommy Burns - probably the best footballing Celtic side I’ve seen at Celtic Park, played some marvellous stuff and scored great goals, with Collins, McStay, Thom and the 3 amigos up front, only losing 1 game the entire season and not winning was a real sickener, that side really did deserve so much more than a Scottish cup.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Wenger by far had the most attractive entertaining style of play.

432JuanMata

Pep for me. Hate the fact he’s at City and any time I watch them then us I do feel sick.