Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

iHicksy

Christ even their twitter banter is cringey as feck. At least Lingard's is on point.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Their season should be considered an absolute failure if they now feck it up to reach 100 points. :smirk:

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Gutted to see Yaya leave. My favourite City player of all time.

stepic

It's an improvement on the previous attempt, which really isn't saying much considering the first effort was the worst video ever to be released on the Internet.

Just get the feeling no one cares about City and their tainted title. Financial doping and the human rights scandal will continue to overshadow anything they achieve from this point onwards. They will always be remembered as the club that cheated their way to the title. Football fans are ruthless in that respect.

No amount of propaganda will ever alter that fact.
Yeah I don’t think so

This particular side will be remembered as one of the premier league best. Up there with our best sides, the invincibles, Mourinho’s Chelsea. And rightly so. Foolish to think otherwise.

Jacko21

Nothing sums up their season more than glorious sunshine on the day of their parade. There’s not a single cloud ffs.

Was hoping it’d p*ss it down. It’s the little things.

crossy1686

career ending
Nothing sums up their season more than glorious sunshine on the day of their parade. There’s not a single cloud ffs.

Was hoping it’d p*ss it down. It’s the little things.
Won't be a big turnout anyway, they'll only show photo's from the town hall as usual, not the empty streets leading up to it.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Good to see all you United fans watching our parade. Great to get everyone involved!

Denis_unwise

Geezer on the news is about to explode, he's that excited
There was 1 bloke who said ''Manchester is today a sea of blue'' looked more like a puddle at best to me. I'm sure i saw people clapping on Deansgate & then the same people clapping it onto St. Peter’s Square.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Good to see all you United fans watching our parade. Great to get everyone involved!
I cannot recall a more muted title celebration in my entire life. No one cares about your hollow shell of a club, anything they achieve from this point on will always be overshadowed by controversy.

When I think of City, the term 'illegitimate' immediately spriings to mind.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I've seen many an awkward corporate event in my time, and thats right up there.
Man City won the league because they've got the best tea ladies in their canteen. . .

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
I cannot recall a more muted title celebration in my entire life. No one cares about your hollow shell of a club, anything they achieve from this point on will always be overshadowed by controversy.

When I think of City, the term 'illegitimate' immediately spriings to mind.
Well, you're a United fan. You would say that.

robinamicrowave

Supports
Man City
Good to see you spent your time on a Man Utd forum whilst you could have been at your parade.
Was working, couldn't make it. Took a little break to watch the live stream and have a browse. Was just so lovely to see you all so interested in our party.

GeorgieBoy

Was working, couldn't make it. Took a little break to watch the live stream and have a browse. Was just so lovely to see you all so interested in our party.
You are literally the epitome of Man City.
Win the league but rather than celebrating you come on a Man Utd forum with the pretty obvious intention of trying to wind people up.
Its all so sad and false.

RedDevilRoshi

Just shows you are pretty much obsessed with us then that on your parade day, you still wanted to have a browse around on a Man Utd forum.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
The parade was pretty pathetic to be honest. Hardly anyone turned up.
Of course they didn't, pal. I remember when all we had was to claim that the other had no fans in Manchester. Shoes on the other foot now but we aren't allowed to call you bitter.

OldSchoolManc

Did anyone see Mike Summerbee on the local news? What a bitter, bitter man! All he was going on about, was City being robbed of the champions league by the referee vs Liverpool.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Of course they didn't, pal. I remember when all we had was to claim that the other had no fans in Manchester. Shoes on the other foot now but we aren't allowed to call you bitter.
Well it was a lie, like most of the things City fans seem to come out with regarding United. United fans were calling City out on how many fans they really had in Manchester years before you were winning things, there may be some bitterness shown by a few posters but the general idea is nothing new.

Did anyone see Mike Summerbee on the local news? What a bitter, bitter man! All he was going on about, was City being robbed of the champions league by the referee vs Liverpool.
It's Mike Summerbee, bitterness is to be expected from that chap. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Were you there? I was.

Dismal turn out but to be fair its akin with the fiddled attendance records from this season.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
Were you there? I was.

Dismal turn out but to be fair its akin with the fiddled attendance records from this season.
Funnily enough, yes I was and there was a fantastic turnout and it was a fantastic event. The club does a very good job with these events and I, for one, am very proud of it and our achievements

TheReligion

Abusive
Funnily enough, yes I was and there was a fantastic turnout and it was a fantastic event. The club does a very good job with these events and I, for one, am very proud of it and our achievements
So you should be but let's not pretend you are as well supported as United or a bigger club.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
So you should be but let's not pretend you are as well supported as United or a bigger club.
We aren't a bigger club. We don't have anywhere near as big a fanbase. What we do have is a loyal fanbase who have stuck by the club through thick and the thinnest. If you're going to compare every clubs fanbase to United's then your gonna find a whole lot of small clubs.