Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

Bob Contact

Driving to Festivus with all the windows down
Of course they didn't, pal. I remember when all we had was to claim that the other had no fans in Manchester. Shoes on the other foot now but we aren't allowed to call you bitter.
Wouldn't go that far just yet chief, granted you have won a couple of leagues (1 of which we were relieved about!) in our post Fergie depression but we've managed to pick up a few bits and bobs. We're ruddy dull like, certainly not playing totalitarian football like you guys.

Denis_unwise

It's Mike Summerbee, bitterness is to be expected from that chap. :lol:
I think Sky sacked him after the 4 - 3 (Owen goal) in the Derby at OT. He just couldn't contain his bitterness any longer. Was a joy to watch. Wish they'd have kept him on though to be fair. I hate the fact that they robbed us of seeing his reaction after we beat them in the Derby & spoilt the party. Would have rivalled the Keegan meltdown for sure.

Won't be a big turnout anyway, they'll only show photo's from the town hall as usual, not the empty streets leading up to it.
This is the official route of the parade. They kept it small for a reason.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-parade-2018-route-14649719

I see the MEN have revised the attendance figures. They were reporting 100K + would be in attendance yesterday. Today they are reporting it as simply thousands. Looking like the full attendance is around 60 - 70K which is probably right.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/958502512

crossy1686

career ending
I think Sky sacked him after the 4 - 3 (Owen goal) in the Derby at OT. He just couldn't contain his bitterness any longer. Was a joy to watch. Wish they'd have kept him on though to be fair. I hate the fact that they robbed us of seeing his reaction after we beat them in the Derby & spoilt the party. Would have rivalled the Keegan meltdown for sure.

This is the official route of the parade. They kept it small for a reason.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-parade-2018-route-14649719

I see the MEN have revised the attendance figures. They were reporting 100K + would be in attendance yesterday. Today they are reporting it as simply thousands. Looking like the full attendance is around 60 - 70K which is probably right.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/958502512
Bet they paid some people to come wearing City shirts and stand at the back waving flags.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Just shows you are pretty much obsessed with us then that on your parade day, you still wanted to have a browse around on a Man Utd forum.
You say this like I haven’t regularly been posting on here for years. I didn’t sign up just to tease people, I came on a forum I always visit and came into a thread I always post in.

But I can see I’ve touched a nerve so we’ll leave it. :)

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Some City fans are bragging about that figure of 100,000. A figure they won’t ever want to mention again if the unthinkable happens and Liverpool get to have a parade.

El Pasillo

reddaz71

Pep committing himself to City represents the gauntlet being thrown down to the big clubs,we simply have to respond like never before and meet the challenge head on with every ounce of resource available, £150m in this transfer window absolutely will not be anywhere near enough am afraid!

tomaldinho1

New contract is not really news... he only had a year left, he's not exactly going to run down his contract like a player given the shitstorm it would cause.

18/19 is when Mou breaks him anyway, we'll want to be around to see that

United_We_Stand

His salary will increase to £20m-a-year, making him the highest-paid boss in the Premier League and Europe.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

The good thing is that there is a limit to how much they can really improve, unless they get a player of Neymar/Messi quality in.

It's the likes of Utd who still has a lot of potential to improve the team, not just with transfers. Catching city should definitely be possible, but let's fix our problems this summer. Then we can focus on 1 or 2 signings going forward.

deafepl

New contract is not really news... he only had a year left, he's not exactly going to run down his contract like a player given the shitstorm it would cause.

18/19 is when Mou breaks him anyway, we'll want to be around to see that
We all need Real Madrid's 2011/12 soul to be transferring to 2018-19 United sides to stop Manchester City.

Cal?

CR7 fan
feck, City keeps Pep Guardiola until 2021. United need to work harder.
Jose needs to start antagonizing him at every turn and hopefully drive him out of City the same way he drove him out of Barca.

GiddyUp

The good thing is that there is a limit to how much they can really improve, unless they get a player of Neymar/Messi quality in.

It's the likes of Utd who still has a lot of potential to improve the team, not just with transfers. Catching city should definitely be possible, but let's fix our problems this summer. Then we can focus on 1 or 2 signings going forward.
Most definitely. I'm confident we will keep it close next year. Sure half the points deficit was the three losses away to the promoted teams.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
He left as he couldn’t cope with the constant war.[/QUOT

Indeed. Pep looks incredibly stressed by United's efforts at the moment. I'll be surprised if he lasts the summer. 'Constant war'!. What's that laughing green thing United fans seem to use all the time?

tomaldinho1

Yh this is how I see it, I still expect them to win next season but I think the difference will be very small. We will definitely be better + it's fairly easy to upgrade some of our players.

We were excellent (compared to recent years) vs the top 6 this year but let ourselves down vs the newly promoted and bottom half of the table clubs.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Yep, we'll keep him for as long as we can hold onto him and won't get rid of him a second sooner, unless everything collapses from here, of course. I think he'll extend in the summer until 2021, and then in the summer of the 2020 we'll sit down for contract talks and see where he is. Pep's a big believer in the cyclical nature of modern football, that constant regeneration every half-decade is the best way to sustain success, so I think he'll be off before the 2022 World Cup. I'm already scared of what comes after.
There's the first step.