Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

Thunderhead

Supports
City
They aren't blowing teams away anymore that much is clear. Id be more concerned then.
Not blowing teams away but still winning (just) think some of the players are a bit leggy atm and I'd certainly give ferna1 a rest this weekend as his performance levels have just dropped ever so slightly and he makes such a difference for us, he's also on 4 bookings and I'd hate him to get one against West ham

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pep loses it everytime a team doesnt roll over. The funniest part is when the other team scores and he drinks from a water bottle and then looks at the big screen to see his own face.

Treble

City were lucky that they didn't concede first from that corner in the first half. After that they were the better team, created more chances (12 shots on target) and didn't decide the game earlier only because Jesus was wasteful tonight. They were bound to struggle without both Silva and Sane. Not the same team at all. The myth about their depth is just that. Their first 11 are outstanding but Gundogan isn't the same player, Bernardo isn't ready, Toure is finished, Delph isn't a proper left-back, etc. They have problems and nothing is decided yet.

Btw, late goals are not only a matter of luck. United fans know it best.

Womp

idiot
We can beat them, but they will probably win the league.
How I feel too. Everything just seems to be going their way and it's extremely frustrating.

I'd say we are the only proper challengers and it's becoming evident it isn't our season. We are playing the toughest games of the season without our best players. No Pogba against Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs. Looking like no Matic against Arsenal and City now.

No matter how good you are you need luck to win and they have the quality and the luck on their side.

Ss3bba

You've given them the title already but the games are coming thick and fast. If we swapped results for these mid week games and swapping Youngs goals and giving them to one of their poster boys we would never hear the end of it today. I think many have been quick to hand over the title; already some of the fancied teams are drowning faster than the titanic.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
How I feel too. Everything just seems to be going their way and it's extremely frustrating.

I'd say we are the only proper challengers and it's becoming evident it isn't our season. We are playing the toughest games of the season without our best players. No Pogba against Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs. Looking like no Matic against Arsenal and City now.

No matter how good you are you need luck to win and they have the quality and the luck on their side.
Despite the 96th minute winners you have to say they deserve to be where they are so far and they have the squad depth now as well. I'd love us to beat them old Trafford and see how they react.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I just don't think we'll win 2 games like that when we get them, and we will get them. That's the difference really. Can't see us beating City to the title this year. They're very like some of Fergie's teams and their late wins must be soul destroying for the chasing pack.

chris wilson

Here we see it all in it's brutal exposure, the slick surface mask slips. Mr trendy hipster cool guy shows his true face, a vicious, bully boy streak that reveals his unethical obsessive, greedy chasing of the middle east dictatorship petro dollars and his complete indifference to the torture and abuses systemically carried out by his UAE nation state employers. When Guardiola's mask slips, so too does the slick surface of the UAE PR project slip and we cam see tbe true brjtalist matjre of their homophobic and misogynistic torture practicing regime.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
City over the last few weeks have shown they are beatable. Their character can not be questioned though. Fair play to them.

Next two weekends are massive. If they both go City's way, then it's goodnight Vienna.

Jacko21

I just don't think we'll win 2 games like that when we get them, and we will get them. That's the difference really. Can't see us beating City to the title this year. They're very like some of Fergie's teams and their late wins must be soul destroying for the chasing pack.
Agreed. You can bet Mourinho and the players had an eye on tonight’s game - they wouldn’t be human if they didn’t let that last second winner get to them.

Mourinho’s job is to ensure that the players don’t think their own job is futile.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
They are not as good as they are being made out to be. Have been very lucky now in three games. Seems to be going their way. Just hope we can give them a good match.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They've annoyingly got massive amounts of luck on their side. That dodgy deflected goal in their last game for Sterling especially.

I guess you can say you earn your luck, but I can't help but feel the tide is with them this year, a bit like Chelsea last year.

They're definitely not all they're made out to be though, a few poor results and I can see them dropping faith.

Jacko21

They are not as good as they are being made out to be. Have been very lucky now in three games. Seems to be going their way. Just hope we can give them a good match.
The margins are fine in football. City are finding themselves on the right side of the line at the moment. So much can change though.

Womp

idiot
Agreed. You can bet Mourinho and the players had an eye on tonight’s game - they wouldn’t be human if they didn’t let that last second winner get to them.

Mourinho’s job is to ensure that the players don’t think their own job is futile.
Don't know about the players but these last minute winners are fecking me up pal. :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
14 games, 13 wins, 1 draw.

Conceded one goal less than us so far, scored twelve more.

They will certainly drop points but right now it's hard to see where exactly we have enough of an edge on them to avoid dropping just as many ourselves.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
They've faded over the past few games. And they look vulnerable to set pieces and corners.

No reason why Fellaini, Ibra and Lukaku shouldn't feature significantly in the derby. Have Young and Rashford whip crosses into the box all game.

diarm

5 mins of injury time and they score in the 96th minute, sounds about right.
To be fair, the goal was scored at 95:04 and they had been working a shooting opportunity from the edge of the box for about 30 seconds. It would've been very harsh for the ref to blow the whistle exactly on the 95.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They’re still banana waving paranoid weirdos. Good team though.

M35blue

Supports
Manchester City
Here we see it all in it's brutal exposure, the slick surface mask slips. Mr trendy hipster cool guy shows his true face, a vicious, bully boy streak that reveals his unethical obsessive, greedy chasing of the middle east dictatorship petro dollars and his complete indifference to the torture and abuses systemically carried out by his UAE nation state employers. When Guardiola's mask slips, so too does the slick surface of the UAE PR project slip and we cam see tbe true brjtalist matjre of their homophobic and misogynistic torture practicing regime.
Have you been a life long member of Amnesty international or since 2008?

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Still not sold on their defence. Their attacks masks a lot of their defensive frailties. As their attack is such high quality and their midfield can retain the ball, this limits their actual defending.

If teams can get past their midfield, Kompany doesn't look like the warrior of years past and Delph can definitely be targeted.

Mourinho should play the same way you did against Spurs. Keep it compact/tight and pump the balls up to Lukaku for a knockdown to Martial/Rashford.

Stocar

They've annoyingly got massive amounts of luck on their side. That dodgy deflected goal in their last game for Sterling especially.
They seem to be a bit off form lately, but they're still dominant in their matches and create much more than opponents. They've arguably also been a bit unlucky, considering how they have to work hard for what should be easy wins, when you look at chances created vs chances conceded. That was also their problem last year though, so there's perhaps something more to it than simply being unlucky.

SuperiorXI

To be fair, the goal was scored at 95:04 and they had been working a shooting opportunity from the edge of the box for about 30 seconds. It would've been very harsh for the ref to blow the whistle exactly on the 95.
I remember one game the ref let us take a corner in the last second, only to blow straight after the player crossed the ball. Can't remember which game, in the last couple years though :lol:

diarm

I remember one game the ref let us take a corner in the last second, only to blow straight after the player crossed the ball. Can't remember which game, in the last couple years though :lol:
I think it was in Europe?

I remember being absolutely furious!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We can't complain,we did it for years,scoring injury time winners.
Shurrup the pair of ya, they're stuffy cnuts and that's the end of it!!