Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
He likes football to a varying degree than you do, not hard to understand. I mean I couldn't do it, but I'm not sure what's so incredulous that someone likes football over United and thus will watch 'good football' no matter where it comes from.
Well I get it if they’re a football fan and not particularly a United fan.

Agree, it's not incredulous at all. Some people are just bitter it seems.
Of course most United fans are bitter, there’s nothing to be enjoyed about watching this lot for us.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don’t know how you could enjoy watching one of our biggest rivals win all the time. It’s completely bizarre.
It's like some of you hate good football.

You can enjoy watching great football, and loathe the shit out of the club playing it.

You can also refuse to watch great football depending on who's playing it. What's the fun in that though?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

You can enjoy watching great football, and loathe the shit out of the club playing it.

You can also refuse to watch great football depending on who's playing it. What's the fun in that though?
How can you enjoy a team you loathe playing really well and winning? It goes against everything you want to happen to them as a fan.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
They will get 100 points easily. They are currently the best team on the planet. Money spent is one aspect but still they are doing wonderfully well. I think they will probably make this season a historic one winning treble or something like that. No stopping them at all. Their main players never get injured or suspended, they get so lucky on certain occasions and you can say make their own luck . Think they will win everything and destroy many teams along the way.May as well give them the trophy now.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How can you enjoy a team you loathe playing really well and winning? It goes against everything you want to happen to them as a fan.
I appreciate quality football, I wouldn't say I "enjoy" seeing rivals put in fantastic performances but I can appreciate the quality of football because I'd want my team to play like that too.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I appreciate quality football, I wouldn't say I "enjoy" seeing rivals put in fantastic performances but I can appreciate the quality of football because I'd want my team to play like that too.
Appreciating and enjoying is a different thing to be fair, I can understand that.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Exactly and we call them the bitters.

I enjoy the beauty in their play but at the same time feel intensely jealous that we are nowhere near their level in terms of style. Genuinely wish we played like them and that hurts.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Weird thing is, I still don't think they're that great.

I think they're soft at the core and are being over-respected by a naive English footballing mentality.
It is mostly down to Guardiola and how he has them organized. Personnel wise they are miles behind the Barca side he had.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

This.

I can acknowledge the fact that city play great football and don’t mind watching it, but a small part (95%) of me is screaming PLEASE FAIL, which is the main reason Im watching.

notcool

Supports
a

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
Just seen the score, feck City
I just wonder if anybody who criticized Man Utd performance in the derby wants to reconsider their statements after watching today's game. Does anyone now appreciate the degree to which they were impotent to create anything against United?

There are lots of poets in football...

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
My agony isn't at them playing well. It's that we're not better than them.

I don't care much for City. I hope we beat them to trophies every season, and beat them convincingly in the derbies every season. I'm annoyed when we don't do that. Them playing brilliant football doesn't add to that annoyance... Au contraire as an avid fan of football it's refreshing seeing this on display.

Maybe this would change if I lived around some City fans. The last one I knew relocated 1000 miles away to Atlanta.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If anyone thinks that, they need to watch more football. Our greatest manager is a living proof of how a unit can be made greater than the sum of it's parts through tactics and great training.
I don’t see how that differs from my point.

Number1

Not really been mentioned on here during the match, but thought Gundogan played well.

Regardless what people think about City, he's had shitty luck with injury's so far in his career, so good to see him back playing and playing well.

Reactions: SteveJ

deafepl

This.

I can acknowledge the fact that city play great football and don’t mind watching it, but a small part (95%) of me is screaming PLEASE FAIL, which is the main reason Im watching.
Literally me for Bournemouth, West Ham, Huddersfield and Southampton :lol::lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not really been mentioned on here during the match, but thought Gundogan played well.

Regardless what people think about City, he's had shitty luck with injury's in his career, so good to see him back playing and playing well.
This is true. However, I hope his nipples catch fire & roll down the road.

The United

If anyone thinks that, they need to watch more football. Our greatest manager is a living proof of how a unit can be made greater than the sum of it's parts through tactics and great training.
Yeah but he is not our manager anymore though. The current manager is hardly the one that can make a unit greater than the sum of its parts. Which can be a bit depressing sometimes.

devil in me

They've been superb, no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how they match up against the likes of Barca and Bayern. There's nobody close to them in the Premier League, which is ridiculous considering the riches, but they'll certainly face tougher tests in Europe.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Maybe this would change if I lived around some City fans. The last one I knew relocated 1000 miles away to Atlanta.
I think this is potentially a difference between people that have grown up in the UK around all the rival fans for their whole lives and foreign fans who maybe haven’t.

I don’t mean any disrespect by that either, if I picked a German team to support I’d have no idea what it’s like for people who have grown up around it when they lose to the rivals. At the end of the day our international appeal is what’s got us where we are today anyway, so I’m certainly not complaining.

FujiVice

A pundit and ex-pro with a bit of sack (not working in this country of course).

Treble

I think they're soft at the core and are being over-respected by a naive English footballing mentality.
I don't think so. Liverpool and Spurs didn't respect them and lost badly. Napoli didn't respect them and conceded 4 at home. Soton, Wham and others showed respect and couldl have taken points off them.

manunited1919

I recognize they are playing great football, but I don’t enjoy watching them at all. I saw about 20-30 minutes of the game, and then I turn off the TV. Can’t stand the sight of Pep Guardiola pumping his fist, or Aguero. Can’t stand how they commit fouls against spurs and the ref waves play on. I can’t stand how Harry Kane gets kicked in the face and no red card is shown to a City player. I could go on, but as you see, there’s no enjoyment for me in watching them play. The only way I would enjoy it is if they were playing American Football against an NFL team and getting physically obliterated every 5 minutes.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
The only fecking way we catch up to City is if we start acknowledging them as our main rival and do everything in our capacity to beat them, in derbies and over the course of the season.

Liverpool can go feck themselves. Historical rivalry aside, they are not the side we should be looking at. There has to be a burning desire within the club, to bring this blue party down to the ashes. Similar to how Perez handled Barca.

And stop with the money excuse. We spend a shit load ourselves. Does it really matter where it comes from? Where it goes, is where it is at.

redIndianDevil

They are great IMO, you can't sit back against them and there aren't any clubs in England technically good enough to take the game to them.

redIndianDevil

A pundit and ex-pro with a bit of sack (not working in this country of course).
I don't get the point? They sold poor, out of contract and old players to sign new players? Isn't that how the league football works?

Ban

I guess there's a difference between fans who live in England and abroad in the sense of how much they hate City and in the same time how much can they appreciate them.
I'm from Croatia, miles from England but still hate them and I watch them as rarely as I can. :D

They're pretty good tbh. #grinds teeth#

FujiVice

I don't get the point? They sold poor, out of contract and old players to sign new players? Isn't that how the league football works?
£620 million and your previous squad was old? That's not how its supposed to work at all. That pulling money out of your arse and giving away those who you dont want anymore. If everyone had to play by those rules, about 15 teams would go under. I get using wealth to strengthen yourself, but £620 million in 3 years?!

Not like we can complain. We have spent a shitload since Fergie left.