Manchester City 19/20 season

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Just seen the City team against PNE :lol:
Pep going all out for the quad
The centre back partnership's total age is 35 and only the two Silvas remained in the starting eleven compared to the weekend. Were you expecting anything else?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The centre back partnership's total age is 35 and only the two Silvas remained in the starting eleven compared to the weekend. Were you expecting anything else?
The forwards are all first team (I count Jesus as first team). I expected the Silvas not to play and same with Sterling despite not playing at the weekend. They didn't need that much fire power.

One would think they might have some youth to run out with that famous set up there.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
The forwards are all first team (I count Jesus as first team). I expected the Silvas not to play and same with Sterling despite not playing at the weekend. They didn't need that much fire power.

One would think they might have some youth to run out with that famous set up there.
That makes zero sense though. You pay shitloads of money to your senior squad members just to play a game every second week? Also, you don't want them to get out of rhytm. I agree that playing David Silva seems a bit of an overkill though. But the first eleven still has 4 club trained youth players in it, which by City means is no bad...

padr81

Supports
Man City

3 academy players starting tonight, if we played 7 or 8 theres a chance we'd lose. No u21 team has won the EFL Trophy as of yet and even Cities youth get beaten by League 2/1 opposition quite often.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That makes zero sense though. You pay shitloads of money to your senior squad members just to play a game every second week? Also, you don't want them to get out of rhytm. I agree that playing David Silva seems a bit of an overkill though. But the first eleven still has 4 club trained youth players in it, which by City means is no bad...
Dude it makes absolute sense to play a weakened front line and give others a chance. At least for most clubs anyway.

3 academy players starting tonight, if we played 7 or 8 theres a chance we'd lose. No u21 team has won the EFL Trophy as of yet and even Cities youth get beaten by League 2/1 opposition quite often.
The attack is heavy. You must see that?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Dude it makes absolute sense to play a weakened front line and give others a chance. At least for most clubs anyway.

Yup its very heavy but tbh we played a stronger team vs Burton last season. I'd like Bernabe have come on sooner maybe at half time

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Don't think they give a shit. They have a big squad and rotating players around to keep them fresh. It's just very good management. They've also been able to give Garcia and BEllis some game time knowing that if they do make a mistake they have the firepower on the pitch to cover it up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Don't think they give a shit. They have a big squad and rotating players around to keep them fresh. It's just very good management. They've also been able to give Garcia and BEllis some game time knowing that if they do make a mistake they have the firepower on the pitch to cover it up.
I suppose it's ruthless management. Not long term management which isn't exactly Pep's bag.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I suppose it's ruthless management. Not long term management which isn't exactly Pep's bag.
:confused: - I'd say the below is fine for a cup game?

Manchester City
Phil Foden - 19 years old - 90mins
Eric Garcia - 18 years old - 90mins
Taylor Harwood-Bellis - 17 years old - 90mins
Adrián Bernabé - 18 years old - 27mins

Arsenal
Gabriel Martinelli - 18 years old - 90mins
Reiss Nelson - 19 years old - 90mins
Bukayo Saka - 18 years old - 45mins
Emile Smith Rowe - 19 years old - 45mins

Tottenham
Troy Parrott - 17 years old - 66mins
Oliver Skipp - 19 years old - 78mins

Everton
No teenagers got minutes

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:confused: - I'd say the below is fine for a cup game?

Phil Foden - 19 years old - 90mins
Eric Garcia - 18 years old - 90mins
Taylor Harwood-Bellis - 17 years old - 90mins
Adrián Bernabé - 18 years old - 27mins
Talking about the forwards though. It was second string/young at the back and the other half full on, which didn't seem necessary to me.

If United were decent I'd have expected one or two first choice for fitness/quality and that's it. Doesn't matter anyway.

Josh 76

They may have the physical man power to compete in all competitions, but it will catch up mentally. They will feck up in the PL or CL over peps obsession with these cups.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Talking about the forwards though. It was second string/young at the back and the other half full on, which didn't seem necessary to me.

If United were decent I'd have expected one or two first choice for fitness/quality and that's it. Doesn't matter anyway.
Who cares, maybe they have shit young forwards?

I edited the post above to show the other top teams. Everton in particular is woeful. City are basically on par with Arsenal, except for Arsenal its all attacking talent.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Who cares, maybe they have shit young forwards?

I edited the post above to show the other top teams. Everton in particular is woeful. City are basically on par with Arsenal, except for Arsenal its all attacking talent.
I didn't say I cared man. Just saying I wouldn't have expected all big hitters up top in this game. It's hard work just saying something on here these days.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I didn't say I cared man. Just saying I wouldn't have expected all big hitters up top in this game. It's hard work just saying something on here these days.
Yeah, but the issue is more like that you are kind of talking out of your arse. Of course that players that aren't overplayed anyway are playing. Strong squad, yes, but that's the way it is.

If you count in Angelino, then four actually.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think you simply underestime the standard of their squad is all. The only player I was semi surprised to see starting was Sterling. But he was benched at the weekend so its just decent squad rotation is all.

Anyway job done for City. Thought Garcia and Harwood-Bellis looked very comfortable, Garcia with impressive passing range. No wonder Guardiola rates him.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, but the issue is more like that you are kind of talking out of your arse. Of course that players that aren't overplayed anyway are playing. Strong squad, yes, but that's the way it is.

If you count in Angelino, then four actually.
Yup, but he's too old to be a current academy player, the other 3 all can still represent us at youth level, the CB's were very good today though had little to do. Garcia looks immense on the ball for a CB, I worry a little about his height but lad is much cooler and better in possession than Otamendi for example.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
Taylor Harwood StockLaporte was immense!

For a 17 year old to put in that kind of performance against a team of professional players and look composed, technically sound, and physically ready is exciting for ourselves.

Garcia also looked very good and as someone mentioned above, the combined age is 35 years.

Hope we get Garcia tied to a longer contract as it expires in 2021. That needs to happen asap.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Being forced to support this City team wasn't hard enough for us good United folks, apparently, so they went and painted their kit yellow and fecking peach to rub it in some more.

Scandalous.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Being forced to support this City team wasn't hard enough for us good United folks, apparently, so they went and painted their kit yellow and fecking peach to rub it in some more.

Scandalous.
Its fecking horrible alright.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF

Scandalous.
You should find a lot of those for 25£ in that classic kits shop (Barton Arcade) in a few months. Can't see them trying to sell them for more than that. Horrible.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Scandalous.
Abomination of a kit. I've heard people call pink or florescent yellow terrible choices but this one takes the cake. Yellow fading into peach. Ew.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has anyone seen what these saps do before the game to drum up some pashun? They have a 'big' crowd round the entrance and announce the players coming off a bus like it's a big event. A bus at their own ground.

I only know because a girl I know DJs at it. Yeah, they have a DJ as well. Every home game seemingly.

fergiesarmy1

Has anyone seen what these saps do before the game to drum up some pashun? They have a 'big' crowd round the entrance and announce the players coming off a bus like it's a big event. A bus at their own ground.

I only know because a girl I know DJs at it. Yeah, they have a DJ as well. Every home game seemingly.
:lol: Muppets

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I remember seeing clips during certain big games. Didn't realise it was for every single game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I remember seeing clips during certain big games. Didn't realise it was for every single game.
It must be if they're doing it today, and I've seen her posting it on her story fairly regularly. Funny guys.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They do that shocking walk on tunnel thing every single home game. Its really cringey (God I hate that word). So though is 90% of what comes out of our PR department so its not in the least bit surprising. I suppose its nice for kids but so cheesy

Sir Scott McToMinay

Why isn’t Bernardo playing? He was one of the best players in the league last season, is this because of all that nonsense with Mendy?
Ffs Scousers are going to win it.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Why isn’t Bernardo playing? He was one of the beat players in the league last season, is this because of all that nonsense with Mendy?
Ffs Scousers are going to win it.
Pep said he's a bit down and not himself a few days ago.

Hulksmash

Pep will get a 150 Million cheque book in January, mark my words. Theyre still going to win the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberman

A mixture of terrible planning in the summer with the opposition starting to work out how to live with the triangles while bypassing their midfield on the counter has fecked their season

acnumber9

If City, as is looking likely, finish 2nd this season is two titles in four years a great return given the squad and resources they have? No real progression in Europe yet either.

gibers

For all the money they have spent they have so many average players. Zinchenko? Otamendi? Walker? seperately alongside a good player they can do okay, but together this has to be the worst backline in the premier league. The amount of chances they concede is scary. Walker is painfully average. All he has is speed. Trash ta passing, can't cross for feck. Now these clowns have gifted pool the league.

zenith

Not signing maguire might cost city the title this season .