Manchester City 19/20 season

Alabaster Codify7

So what will happen this summer? Will Pep walk or will City spend £300m on their squad? Because it won't be neither - Pep will not still be here next season if he's not backed massively in the market in the summer.

padr81

Supports
Man City
If City, as is looking likely, finish 2nd this season is two titles in four years a great return given the squad and resources they have? No real progression in Europe yet either.
It depends on how we finish 2nd. Were we to say come 2nd with 85 points, that would be 361 points in 4 seasons. I think 90 points a season average is good by any standard. Sometimes you just have to say the other guys were better.

I think it would say if there is no European progress this team is not up their with the best of United by a fair stretch.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Everyone is focusing on the woeful defending, but it's another case of where we have dropped points and failed to create a single good chance in the game. We could have played for another 45 minutes and I'd have backed Wolves to get a third before City pulled one back.

BlueHaze

So what will happen this summer? Will Pep walk or will City spend £300m on their squad? Because it won't be neither - Pep will not still be here next season if he's not backed massively in the market in the summer.
Pep will not be there next season regardless I can guarantee that. This is his final season there.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I believe this is all leading to a City winning the Champions League this year. But even with the trophies swapped this year, Liverpool will overshadow them again.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Everyone is focusing on the woeful defending, but it's another case of where we have dropped points and failed to create a single good chance in the game. We could have played for another 45 minutes and I'd have backed Wolves to get a third before City pulled one back.
Yup, I think a midfield of David Silva and Gundogan is just lacking energy. Both good players but they need to play with a KDB or Bernardo (someone with more hustle) for things to click. Sterling was poor again today. He seems to have dropped a little despite the goals.

Aguero was feeding off scraps today. Our passing in general was atrocious by our standards.

I know Wolves had many players back, but parking the bus and knowing we'd gift them chances was a fair tactic and they did it well.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

He will be off, he will prioritise champs league this season and if he fails he will be going back to Barca I think.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This, amongst the predictable hand-wringing about Liverpool and fraud and all, is the big concern. After the half City just could not make the necessary adjustments needed to penetrate Wolves' defense.

Now (and of course this will be conveniently ignored), City are 2 times champions, and they've seen these ruts every season and responded appropriately. I see no reason why after the international break they don't go on a run.

The games against Liverpool are must wins now though.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
For all the money they have spent they have so many average players. Zinchenko? Otamendi? Walker? seperately alongside a good player they can do okay, but together this has to be the worst backline in the premier league. The amount of chances they concede is scary. Walker is painfully average. All he has is speed. Trash ta passing, can't cross for feck. Now these clowns have gifted pool the league.
The worst backline in the premier league?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
It's over. Pep era (at least Mk I) is over (16-19). Liverpool 19-20 Champions.

The only question is if Pep will stay for a Mk II rebuilding with City, or if will pull a 2012 (Barça) or a 2016 (Bayern) and leave.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's over. Pep era (at least Mk I) is over (16-19). Liverpool 19-20 Champions.

The only question is if Pep will stay for a Mk II rebuilding with City, or if will pull a 2012 (Barça) or a 2016 (Bayern) and leave.
A rebuild? Really? all he's missing is a CB.

AshRK

Pep's 4th season syndrome. Anyways it was bound to happen for them to drop a level or two. Sad it is happening when liverpool are getting all their luck.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is Agüero their main CF for the future? Oooookay.
Yeah I mean he's completely finished after 1 game where he didn't score.
8 goals in 8 games this season. 30+ goals for the last 3 seasons... he has easily 2-3 seasons left.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Yeah I mean he's completely finished after 1 game where he didn't score.
8 goals in 8 games this season. 30+ goals for the last 3 seasons... he has easily 2-3 seasons left.
You might as well buy Suárez from Barça next summer than trusting in Agüero for the nest 2-3 (!) seasons.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You might as well buy Suárez from Barça next summer than trusting in Agüero for the nest 2-3 (!) seasons.
What a daft post. Why would we not trust him? Your argument makes like zero sense.

Castia

I don’t like Liverpool winning it but I can’t stand these cnuts either so feck em.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I don’t like Liverpool winning it but I can’t stand these cnuts either so feck em.
I hear you. I easily dislike City even more, goddamn oil money lottery winners. The sooner Pep leaves, the better. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Pep stays at least for another 2-3 years. At City he's surrounded by yes-men + two close friends ( Begiristain, Txiqui) and his non-democratic billionare owner keeps dropping dozens of millions like candy every summer.

ExecutionerWasp001

All is not lost as Liverpool blew a similar lead last season. The problem is i don't see this City side going on an extended winning run like in the last 2 seasons.

Why would they prioritize buying a FB who they are hardly going to play over a CB, complete madness. The Laporte injury couldn't be foreseen but they knew Kompany was going & that Otamendi, Stones & Fernandinho wouldn't cut it.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Yup, I think a midfield of David Silva and Gundogan is just lacking energy. Both good players but they need to play with a KDB or Bernardo (someone with more hustle) for things to click. Sterling was poor again today. He seems to have dropped a little despite the goals.

Aguero was feeding off scraps today. Our passing in general was atrocious by our standards.

I know Wolves had many players back, but parking the bus and knowing we'd gift them chances was a fair tactic and they did it well.
Sterling was poor but every time he had the ball he either had the option of passing back in midfield or turning and trying to beat two players just to get to the byline. I do not see how we were expecting to score today. It was the same against Norwich. The whole play was sloppy from the first minute and I'd be lying if I said we even deserved to draw that. Wolves defended ten times better than us and created at least four better chances than we did.

mav_9me

I was stunned to see Gundogan last the whole game and Bernardo not come into the middle. That was weird.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
A lot of overreaction here but its normal - you can react only to what is in front of you:lol: I still think that City will win the title again this season and will win it comfortably. Why? Because Liverpool are still cruising on their CL victory and are on the high but that will not continue throughout the whole season. People here are criticizing City for not buying CBs in the Summer but Pool didnt buy anyone as a matter of fact wich in my opinion will cost them the title in the second part of the season. How far will City go in the CL is a whole another topic.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
This, amongst the predictable hand-wringing about Liverpool and fraud and all, is the big concern. After the half City just could not make the necessary adjustments needed to penetrate Wolves' defense.

Now (and of course this will be conveniently ignored), City are 2 times champions, and they've seen these ruts every season and responded appropriately. I see no reason why after the international break they don't go on a run.

The games against Liverpool are must wins now though.
It's not happening. Our defence is simply far too poor at the moment for that to happen. Look at how few chances we conceded last season throughout our formidable run to win the league. I remember the game away at Bournemouth we didn't let them have a single shot, on or off target. Without Laporte/Kompany we are going to give the opposition too many chances. Moreover, as Pep plays Gundogan deeper to try and compensate for that, it then has a detrimental effect on our attacking play. Which makes de Bruyne all the more important. The only hope we have of winning the league without Laporte is if de Bruyne drags us to it.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's not happening. Our defence is simply far too poor at the moment for that to happen. Look at how few chances we conceded last season throughout our formidable run to win the league. I remember the game away at Bournemouth we didn't let them have a single shot, on or off target. Without Laporte/Kompany we are going to give the opposition too many chances. Moreover, as Pep plays Gundogan deeper to try and compensate for that, it then has a detrimental effect on our attacking play. Which makes de Bruyne all the more important. The only hope we have of winning the league without Laporte is if de Bruyne drags us to it.
Your defense is definitely poorer (makeshift LB and CB will do that to you), but as good as KDB is, something is off with your midfield. It's more porous compared to last season (even when KDB was out), and it's struggling to create chances more.

Normally, this game should have ended 4-2 or 4-3. Open questions around your defense, but that you can't score is the bigger issue.

Of course this is one game. I'll join @SportingCP96 in his drama sessions if you don't retool appropriately and smash the next 5 teams.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Definitely. I'm increasingly coming to terms with the scousers winning it and us being crap with each passing week, so I'm not wasting an opportunity to laugh at those Bertie bastards.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot of overreaction here but its normal - you can react only to what is in front of you:lol: I still think that City will win the title again this season and will win it comfortably. Why? Because Liverpool are still cruising on their CL victory and are on the high but that will not continue throughout the whole season. People here are criticizing City for not buying CBs in the Summer but Pool didnt buy anyone as a matter of fact wich in my opinion will cost them the title in the second part of the season. How far will City go in the CL is a whole another topic.
What on earth makes you think this pal?
There's an 8 point gap, Liverpool haven't even dropped 1 point, and City have lost 2 home games and slipped up v Tottenham. Nothing suggests City won't further slip up just as much as Liverpool will.
Sane out, the centre defence a joke...

Turning it on when beating Watford doesn't win leagues.

Blagging lucky late winners via keeper howlers, or through dodgy last min pens like Liverpool is what wins titles.
They also don't get any injuries to their front 3 or VD

City going hard for the champions league and Pool winning the league looks the smart money.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Your defense is definitely poorer (makeshift LB and CB will do that to you), but as good as KDB is, something is off with your midfield. It's more porous compared to last season (even when KDB was out), and it's struggling to create chances more.

Normally, this game should have ended 4-2 or 4-3. Open questions around your defense, but that you can't score is the bigger issue.

Of course this is one game. I'll join @SportingCP96 in his drama sessions if you don't retool appropriately and smash the next 5 teams.
Rodri can't cover the ground like fernandinho can. He's cool on the ball but he's just not fern. Once you are passed our mf they aren't getting back. Fern always did.

A midfield of gundo, d silva and rodri don't cover the ground.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, to infinity and beyond with Agüero! The treble is near with him!
He doesn't have to another couple of seasons is fine. Even if he did have to be replaced hardly constitutes a rebuild.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nice try you Pep Guardiola is my idol.