Manchester City 19/20 season

el3mel

Will Pep quiet if they don't win the league or CL this season ? He always seemed to me like a guy who gets bored fast when things start to go far from his way regarding winning stuff.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Your defense is definitely poorer (makeshift LB and CB will do that to you), but as good as KDB is, something is off with your midfield. It's more porous compared to last season (even when KDB was out), and it's struggling to create chances more.

Normally, this game should have ended 4-2 or 4-3. Open questions around your defense, but that you can't score is the bigger issue.

Of course this is one game. I'll join @SportingCP96 in his drama sessions if you don't retool appropriately and smash the next 5 teams.
:lol::lol: Partly dramatic and partly hoping for a jinx:keano:

You should see me when Sporting lose:wenger:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Rodri can't cover the ground like fernandinho can. He's cool on the ball but he's just not fern. Once you are passed our mf they aren't getting back. Fern always did.

A midfield of gundo, d silva and rodri don't cover the ground.
Makes sense, but Rodri is going to be a mainstay there regardless going forward. Maybe moving Silva the Younger into midfield could suffice to provide that energy?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Makes sense, but Rodri is going to be a mainstay there regardless going forward. Maybe moving Silva the Younger into midfield could suffice to provide that energy?
I think so, with baby silva and kdb they work hard defensively.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
God man. Usually I'll be laughing but its a shame its Liverpool that are top of the league.

ExecutionerWasp001

Pep will not be there next season regardless I can guarantee that. This is his final season there.
If they are banned from Europe next season then i think he may do his final year. He's regarded as a top level manager & top level managers have to be in the CL. I think his ego would override this though & he'd stay at City & have a fairly easy chance of leaving on a high with the PL title.

If this season continues to decline & they don't win the PL or CL i think it's 50/50 if he stays or goes. He's not going to be able to go on another spending spree next season as they now have eyes on them. He will be given money for a CB but likely no more. If he doesn't like it he'll throw his toys out of the pram.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Personally, I think it's hilarious that these cnuts are struggling so much.

Bottomless pockets and the World's greatest mercenary manager. feck off, you bunch of cnuts.
Hmmmm......I think you meant to post this in the United thread.....

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If they are banned from Europe next season then i think he may do his final year. He's regarded as a top level manager & top level managers have to be in the CL. I think his ego would override this though & he'd stay at City & have a fairly easy chance of leaving on a high with the PL title.

If this season continues to decline & they don't win the PL or CL i think it's 50/50 if he stays or goes. He's not going to be able to go on another spending spree next season as they now have eyes on them. He will be given money for a CB but likely no more. If he doesn't like it he'll throw his toys out of the pram.
Pep going to Juve at end of the season? That would really make a lot of sense.

BlackBinBag

Record revenue of £535 Million posted. A profit of £10 Million & wages 59% of turnover.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50476584

Khaldoon al-Mubarak
This outcome represents not just a season, but a decade of hard work. The organisation is now at a level of maturity that allows us to plan in multi-year cycles.
Ferran Soriano
These victories are not accidents. They are the product of careful planning & consistent hard work.

starman

The owners have agreed to sell10% to a US equity firm called Silver Lake for 500m, valuing the entire City Football Group at $4.8bn...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The owners have agreed to sell10% to a US equity firm called Silver Lake for 500m, valuing the entire City Football Group at $4.8bn...
Presumably that's either $480m or it's more than 10%. Either way, not a bad way to get a legal cash injection for the club. Wonder how much they paid the equity lot back under the table.

YNWAManUnited

So you guys are telling me Manchester City is almost valued at twice our value of $2.8bn? That sounds way too high. Crazy numbers that are being thrown around.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Not sure I understand that at all. Typically there are 3 reasons to buy into a company:
1. You believe the value of your stake is going to rise over time - at that valuation feels odd
2. There are significant, reliable dividends on offer - don't believe City do that?
3. You can take a controlling stake and influence company policy, and you believe that will enable more of 1 or 2

Given what City are, feels far more likely that you'll see Silver Lake getting a few juicy contracts in the Middle East, completely unrelated to this, of course.

ExecutionerWasp001

So you guys are telling me Manchester City is almost valued at twice our value of $2.8bn? That sounds way too high. Crazy numbers that are being thrown around.
The investment is in CFG as a whole rather than City itself. In saying that the other teams in the group are making huge losses. They are unlikely to ever become profitable due to the lack of revenue generation they can achieve. In effect City are now the worlds most valuable club.

b20times

Oil money, human rights abusers and sports washing right there.
City really are massive it looks like.

DanClancy

I'm assuming due to FFP they can't use the money to invest in the team. Suppose there's nothing to stop City selling a player to one of their other clubs for way over the odds though.

starman

Presumably that's either $480m or it's more than 10%. Either way, not a bad way to get a legal cash injection for the club. Wonder how much they paid the equity lot back under the table.
Its estimated at 10%, no exact figure out yet

United's stock is up 12% today just off the back of the valuation

SuperiorXI

They need to breed more fans in their secret lab under the Emptihad... this is expensive for anyone who doesn't know, just read up on it. Since no one is ever there most of this work goes unnoticed.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I'm assuming due to FFP they can't use the money to invest in the team. Suppose there's nothing to stop City selling a player to one of their other clubs for way over the odds though.
I believe there are already rules in place to prevent this, and if they could do this do you not think they would already be doing it?

cyberman

Is it a percentage of City or group as a whole? Cant see them being able to spend money thats not invested in their club

tentan

Poor man's poster.
More points dropped. Think Pep will focus only on the CL if it continues.

Bojan11

I’m bemused they spend £60m on Cancelo and Peps not even trying him as left back, which he can play. He’s better than Angelinho who is horrific.

Djemba-Djemba

Amazing to think - assuming my maths is right - that City would have to win their remaining 22 league games just to equal last season's 98 points total.
They've dropped off hugely but Liverpool have been relentless in a way I don't think I've seen before and I think City have just eventually felt that pressure.

Incredible consistency.

SER19

Crazy how there seems to be less city fans compared to the last two years. They were just here for good football chat after all

iKnowNothing

Liverpool have been a proper machine this season. Klopp could well guide Liverpool to a couple of quick league titles if Pep leaves City next season.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Just gets worse for City really - losing two important players to injuries now an assistant coach leaving. Just not their year.

Nick7

I just remembered they signed Cancelo. What’s the story with that? Is he playing for them? Can’t say I’ve seen him in a City shirt.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I just remembered they signed Cancelo. What’s the story with that? Is he playing for them? Can’t say I’ve seen him in a City shirt.
Competing with Kyle Walker for the RB position and currently coming off second best.
Did score opening goal in recent LC match vs Oxford and nearly added a second.
Not hugely impressed so far but not had many opportunities.

SER19

I still don't understand why we've lost so many city fans. They were among the highest posters last season and as many said, they were just here as its the best forum to discuss football. Not to wind anybody up or anything. Funny they just vanished.

D4X73r

I still don't understand why we've lost so many city fans. They were among the highest posters last season and as many said, they were just here as its the best forum to discuss football. Not to wind anybody up or anything. Funny they just vanished.
Just plastic fans and glory hunters white

SER19

It they replicate this form in half two of season they will finish on 76 points. A monumental drop off